[Strongest Solo Variation: Projectile Madness Spectres] LMP/GMP Ice Spear 2x Totem 2x Curse 3x Traps

thank you very much for your answer

one last question for blockiing mobs i see you use frostwall how is raise skeleton compared to frostwall?

and also does count arc as projectile?

edit: after further testing i really can confirm that arc is the way to go especially on the maps that have tight little rooms where freezing pulse bugs
Last edited by zzang on Jan 2, 2013, 7:38:16 PM
"
zzang wrote:
thank you very much for your answer

one last question for blockiing mobs i see you use frostwall how is raise skeleton compared to frostwall?

and also does count arc as projectile?

edit: after further testing i really can confirm that arc is the way to go especially on the maps that have tight little rooms where freezing pulse bugs

frostwall>skeleton becuz synergy and 1 time cast blocks very versatile. (also invulnerable) unless you are necro which is not this guide.

arc is not projectile.

arc hits things offscreen you cant even see and can chain across corners.

IGN: hyperculler (torment)
nvrmd
Last edited by IdI on Jan 6, 2013, 12:12:32 PM
Thanks for a great guide! I'm going to try it before OB.

Could you please summarise which stats to aim for while leveling and gearing?

For example on my resolute technique + blood magic marauder I aim for +life, resists, strength and armor on gear. What about this build?
"
algus wrote:

For example on my resolute technique + blood magic marauder I aim for +life, resists, strength and armor on gear. What about this build?

Omg. Read the third post, use some logic. You are playing caster. You dont need STR and DEX as long as you meet requirements to equip gems and gear. If you dont have enough of that either you swap your good accessories with ones that give you those stats and continue or you use points for dex/str nodes and respec them back later.

Actually, you don't even have to go exactly same build at early levels. Reach level 60 in few days and spec to it. Another option.
Simple as that.
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Last edited by hellzer on Jan 7, 2013, 7:48:25 AM
"
algus wrote:

you are reaching for the double totem nodes. everything else is described in the third post.

you can very easily power level yourself to end game by simply leeching from public parties and grinding certain easy maps like fellshrine and ledge at every difficulty. will take you 2-3 days casual to 60 easily.
IGN: hyperculler (torment)
Thanks for the great guide hypershatter!

After reading through, I have always wanted to try a double totem build. I am currently running a LA + chain + lmp bow duelist. I really like this build because 1, its powerful, and 2 its flashy. But the main problem I have is when I shoot off the screen, there are many cases where I almost 1 shot myself because of elemental reflect mobs in merci and maps.

So back on track, after reading up on this build, I find it really interesting how much crowd control this build has.

The main 2 concerns I have are:

- elemental damage reflect mobs. The damage that reflects, does it go to your ES? or does it damage the totem instead??

- Charging mobs, such as rhoas, and flicker mobs. If you get surrounded, is there any escape mechanisms? Or does the double totem casting, curse + arc keep you safe enough from these types of mobs?

Thanks again for this build!
-uniT
Not the OP but I will answer anyway since I got this toon to very high lvl, too :P

That's the beauty of this build, reflect is a non-issue - well, almost. The dmg is reflected back to the totems, so you have to resummon them more but that's better than dying, right? ^^

Rhoas - I hate them. Be very careful in areas where you know they are present. Summon your totems while progressing through the map to always know when you encounter something because your totems start to fire. They will also be the target for the said charge then (same works for Flicker Pirates/Spiders).

This build is really very very safe.

On a different note: I was wondering why no one skills the increased freeze duration for cold builds. Wouldn't it be beneficial? Given that for some mobs you won't deal enough dmg to stun-lock them completely, adding another second or something sounds like a good idea. Just wondering.
Last edited by Unimatrix on Jan 7, 2013, 1:44:24 PM
"
Unimatrix wrote:

On a different note: I was wondering why no one skills the increased freeze duration for cold builds. Wouldn't it be beneficial? Given that for some mobs you won't deal enough dmg to stun-lock them completely, adding another second or something sounds like a good idea. Just wondering.

Because spears are cast so often and crit so often most mobs end up frozen until death.
"
rotan wrote:
"
Unimatrix wrote:

Because spears are cast so often and crit so often most mobs end up frozen until death.

Yeah I get that, but I still had the occasional occurrence, that mobs were frozen like only 50% of the time (we're talking about split seconds. Mobs could still stutter-step so to speak). Especially against quite resistant champions, those 30% increased duration nodes could make it even safer - it's probably not all that needed, though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info