FleepQc's Righteous Fire build

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Which is why I plan on using GS with life leech as well.

Do keep in mind you'll miss out on a large amount of spell damage from leveling your Righteous Fire gem, as well as your Saffell's shield. Also you'll have to keep mobs in front of you leaving a lot of the Righteous Fire circle unused.

I feel an AoE spell such as Ice Nova would do much better compared to a cone attack like Ground Slam. Consider supporting it with Lightning Damage and make use of Elemental Equilibrium for a -50% fire resistance to mosters.

"
d0nX wrote:
You can skip inner force then and have 89% resist and 10.5% life regen ( 7.4% passive + 1.5% vitality + 1.6% endurance chagres ).

So with 8k hp you'll take 40 hp per second.

40 health per second is barely anything considering an 8k health pool. This would allow for a greater variety of pots/flask in your belt. Allowing you to keep the Righteous Fire buff on you without much danger.

On the other hand keeping the complete fire immunity with Ruby Flasks and Inner Focus, aswell as grabbing the 60% increased burning damage for insane killing speeds sounds like a lot of fun too.

Don't leave out the Life Regeneration per Minute. It dosn't scale with your health-pool but considering you can get 328 (+70 neck implicit) as max roll on 9 different item types (8 with Saffells, 6 if your using double Kaom rings aswell) it could mean the difference between a constant RF up-time or having to douse between groups.
Only reason Im using GS, is because I wanted to use an Erqi. Meant to be more "fun" and less, copy build from before.

Im pretty much counting on DT to pick up the little holes I have in my plans. Almost at lvl68 will be switching to RF soon
inner force only affects buffs and not debuffs. it doesnt affect righteous fire in a any way. I have a spreadsheet up and with 8k hp you have 852.35091 hp regen(that is with 8 endurance charges) and you take 787.755 damage / sec but this is with 90% fire resist. With 89% fire resist(wich is easier to get) you will regen the same amount but take 866.5305 damage /sec. Wich isnt that bad.
Last edited by FleepQc on Dec 26, 2012, 9:38:36 AM
"
FleepQc wrote:
inner force only affects buffs and not debuffs. it doesnt affect righteous fire in a any way

Inner focus increases damage done to yourself, but not the damage to your enemies.
Source: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/32505/

Given an 8k health-pool, 30% extra damage is 2400 health, negated by your 90% resist, results in a 240 health per second extra damage per second. It can be hard to notice while testing ingame.
Last edited by Rug on Dec 26, 2012, 9:57:55 AM
oh well then remove inner force. You end up losing 46 life per seconds .. u can easily counter that with life per minute
Last edited by FleepQc on Dec 26, 2012, 11:06:03 AM
I really like the look of this build and I am new to the game. I am curious if this build is still do-able in the most recent update of open beta. I noticed some of the life regen nodes from older closed beta videos were removed and such. So I am just curious if there is still enough to make this happen?
What about the burning damage upgrades in the templar tree? Pyromanic and bruning nodes get you 50% increased burning damage for 3 points. The question is, does increase the one you take yourself as well?
Well i wanna test this build, even though i have no idea if this will work! :D

This is would be my skillbuild:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL6gYah7ZYVcNkc677dIhns2nMBQgUEcB5zboGS4n7fPdxPY9DySLfLs62C3Snz7sOBo4p4SQVcWK8B8EswJxogAUTTwtxq63Pnq4bPaC5Iqv2mKUoGh02E2DOO98nYBgbf4KrpOmVzrhiPHyRedjxBVYr0ZpeA2-igHc4uphIRLhhO907XrvYEsFLcRYJ9Ub-qQZJd-E2Ud-q8VlTRRSourdBX1T

I still got two question:

1. So increased AoE works with RF?

2. A friend found a unique staff "the searing touch", increasing burning damage by 70%! I know that this will also increased the selfdamage by 70%, but could it be possible if I wont have RF active all the time? Lets say, iam activating RF, molten shell, going in, casting enduring cry, rejuvenation totem, flammability (thats alot stuff, i know!) and then ice nova (thats the spell I wanna use), and AFTER the stack is down I just deactivate RF and regen my life back. Then moving to the next, and so on.

3. Would a lifeleech gem on ice nova be viable?
Last edited by Al_Capwne on Feb 5, 2013, 7:54:37 AM
"
Al_Capwne wrote:
Well i wanna test this build, even though i have no idea if this will work! :D

This is would be my skillbuild:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL6gYah7ZYVcNkc677dIhns2nMBQgUEcB5zboGS4n7fPdxPY9DySLfLs62C3Snz7sOBo4p4SQVcWK8B8EswJxogAUTTwtxq63Pnq4bPaC5Iqv2mKUoGh02E2DOO98nYBgbf4KrpOmVzrhiPHyRedjxBVYr0ZpeA2-igHc4uphIRLhhO907XrvYEsFLcRYJ9Ub-qQZJd-E2Ud-q8VlTRRSourdBX1T

I still got two question:

1. So increased AoE works with RF?

2. A friend found a unique staff "the searing touch", increasing burning damage by 70%! I know that this will also increased the selfdamage by 70%, but could it be possible if I wont have RF active all the time? Lets say, iam activating RF, molten shell, going in, casting enduring cry, rejuvenation totem, flammability (thats alot stuff, i know!) and then ice nova (thats the spell I wanna use), and AFTER the stack is down I just deactivate RF and regen my life back. Then moving to the next, and so on.

3. Would a lifeleech gem on ice nova be viable?

Great to see new people to this build. Its very fun! Also be prepared that there is much of stuff to keep track on. This is not a no brainer spec, but I see you got that figured already.

Interesting choice with the aoe points you take there. I know the increased AOE support gem works with RF so I guess the skill points would too, but try it out - you can always respec out of it again if you decide otherwise.
The staff would work I guess, but it makes it hell to survive. You need to manage damage from RF + monsters - this is mainly the reason most people use Saffel's frame.

You can use rejuvenation totem and skills like fireball, freeze pulse and what not, but in my opinion its alot of work for little damage. Especially if you plan not keeping RF up most of the time (it gives spell damage). I hope they add something like fire nova, I could totally see that fit into this build.
Rejuvenation totem works really great early game though before you get high HP pool and + percentage life per sec. Its a pain later, having to stay close to it and all (recast etc.)

I dont think lifeleech will be viable on ice nova considered its a pretty low damage spell. Its pretty hard to get good spell damage for a marauder with skill points like this (almost "all in" HP points).

Just dinged 70 today on my RF Marauder and cleared Piety @ merciless, this game is awesome. Will be working out a guide of the RF marauder soon |Dimox style| - I shall call him "The Devourer"!

You can see my build here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwCcQSzBS0S4RRNFFIVIBZvGS4ZhRo4G_odFCSqJd8n1SftKk0s6S3SNYY26TqzOtg64TwtPydHfkp9TeNQUFRJVcZXDVhjWfNfP2BLYSFlTWaeZ6BodGwWbPZuqnTteA16uHrvfLuC5IPbhNmE74d2iPGKr4zPj0aQCpBVkc6UoJ2qogCmV6eEqW6rxaxZrKquk7Xytz65zbndu-2-isAaxBXEWMT2xYrGrsbYzmfOcc9l0NDUj9hN2WHaYt0N4urjaudS52PsOO8O8B_yRfPd9kj60vxL_MX-Cv6P

Last edited by Harmster on Feb 8, 2013, 3:34:30 AM
Harmster, do u think this build can be viable on HC? And dont u know how much Saffell's Frame Branded Kite Shield cost?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info