FleepQc's Righteous Fire build

Anyone know if righteous fire works with concentrated area of effect for the extra 50% damage?

Because there is a unique helm with level 15 concentrated area of effect, if you run righteous fire in that with an increased area of effect would you get the damage bonus and still maintain the original diameter righteous fire?
So i did this build and went to level 71 with it and i have to say that you just cant do maps with this build.

-you hate every mob that got elemental resist or fire reist (like 70% of all mobs)
-if the mobs got reflect elemental damage than you are screwed
-mobs which cast elemental weakness are destroying your calculations about life reg.

well he was fun but all i can say is,

if you want to do maps, than dont do this build
"
DutchRudder wrote:
Anyone know if righteous fire works with concentrated area of effect for the extra 50% damage?

Because there is a unique helm with level 15 concentrated area of effect, if you run righteous fire in that with an increased area of effect would you get the damage bonus and still maintain the original diameter righteous fire?

It does not.
"
Tzarr27 wrote:
So i did this build and went to level 71 with it and i have to say that you just cant do maps with this build.

-you hate every mob that got elemental resist or fire reist (like 70% of all mobs)
-if the mobs got reflect elemental damage than you are screwed
-mobs which cast elemental weakness are destroying your calculations about life reg.

well he was fun but all i can say is,

if you want to do maps, than dont do this build

with 7 endurance charges you should basicly not be affected by any ele weakness curse

124% all resi

and the fire resist mobs why no flammability ?

and you always need an alternative skill to kill reflects so why not beartrap ?

btw taking inner force is suicide

you cant fight 40% life degeneration however you can fight 11% and heal yourself with ruby flasks
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Mar 3, 2013, 2:37:29 AM
inner force does not increase the burn against you, RF is not a buff but a debuff

and yea im also 71 and maps are hard, mainly bosses. needs kaoms armour for the dps

you will also have less than 40 mana with 4 auras running so bear trap is a no go
Last edited by DutchRudder on Mar 5, 2013, 2:51:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLBeEomNBMk
ivalescos RF build

1:50 he explains it

btw 71 is faaaaar away from having a 20 purity and 20 vitality and those 2 are the key for a successful RF build
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
I'd say best bet would be to get a scepter with +1 to level of gems and link it with Purity, Vitality, and Reduced Cost. 19 is still really far away, but it's considerably closer than 20.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
I have been playing around with RF on my Marauder recently and while I'm relatively low level still (35 currently in Cruel) here are some things I observed:

1) You can run RF with Spell Totem - it works, you don't take any damage but rather the totem does. The totem's base health is equal to your full health and it does 50% of it's health dmg to all mobs around it and takes 100% of it's health per second. As a result the totem goes down to 1 hp in 1 sec, however, during that 1 second it does a bunch of AOE dmg. The totem does not die after 1 sec, but rather stays at 1 hp and continues to try and recast RF but it can't since it auto-fails b/c it's at 1 hp. I can successfully melt white mobs +2 levels above me with a spell totem in the 1 second tick (they die) unless they target the totem and kill it before the 1 second tick is up. There exist some dual totem builds that use faster casting + increase area of effect + spell totem + RF in a 4L and just spam totems every 1 second. They work, but are inferior to more cookie-cutter builds for speed clearing and maps. Perhaps with the introduction of the Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance this niche build will get more viable, although having tried a lvl 1 MaTER gem (Marauders get it as a reward in Act 3 from the General's Hand quest) it doesn't make that much difference. The gem provides 15% Fire Resistance to the totem... making it last approximately 0.15 of a second longer. At max level you will get only around 21% FR so only a 0.2 second longer. Tests show that using +increased Burn Dmg actually does less dmg... this make sense mathematically as a constant number times 50% dmg to mobs scales slower than 100% dmg to you times that same constant number. So in reality, you do more dmg but for a much shorter time resulting in less dmg per second.

2) You can run RF with low enough life that your ES regen is > than the dmg received. However, in that situation you use RF for the spell dmg bonus, not the AOE burn dmg to monsters b/c your life pool is so low that it doesn't matter. Invalesco has such a build using it to up his Freezing Pulse dmg.

3) You can run RF with a high health pool and high regen + high FR to do massive dmg but it takes some understanding of mechanics. You need to max out FR - the number for this is 90% pre-Ruby Flasks. If you have the Inner Force passives it is 87% FR since you will get 13% from Ruby Flask. You are naturally capped at 75% then +5% Elemental Adaptation +5% Unique Shield +4-5% Purity (5% at high level with Inner Force). Under such conditions you take 0 dmg while burning mobs for 50% of you health and if specced and geared correctly that is about 6000+ AOE DPS. You might not need the Ruby Flasks if you have high regen - now you can get 7.4% from passives, 1.9% from Vitality with Inner Force, 1.2 - 1.6% (1.6% if you use two unique rings) from Endurance Charges. This is a total of 10.9% life regen pre second. At 90% FR you take 10% dmg but regen 10.9% leaving you actually with a net gain of 0.9% life regen per second (or 0.5% without the two unique rings). However, don't use +burn dmg as it will affect your health loss more than the regen can handle unless you are using Ruby Flasks to hit 100%+ RF, then you can max out burn dmg to your desire.

4) Haven't tested this but it is theoretically possible to do a mix of high health, high FR, high ES regen + ruby flask to do high dmg and still be ok. The concept here would be to not use the unique shield but instead use the Searing Touch staff for the +burn dmg (70%) and pick up the Pyromaniac circle (+60% burn dmg). Without the shield you would max at 85% FR and when using Ruby Flasks you wild hit 98% FR (with Inner Force). Net result would be you taking 2% dmg per second * 1.3 (from burn dmg) so 2.6%. Picking up a few passives you could easily regen more than that and not be affected as long as your Ruby Flasks last. You would be doing 50% * 1.3 = 65% of your health dmg as AOE which would be closer to 7800 DPS (assuming a 12k health pool). perhaps this is worth investigating.
Nostrademous
Last edited by Nostrademous on Apr 19, 2013, 7:57:10 PM
"
Nostrademous wrote:
shortened

This thread is kinda dead. Go ask AMPIV in his thread. Its still alive and virtually the same.
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
Well there is also a very good subeffect you can use with this build.
This build can be combined with 2 Totembuilds.
Because it is not possible to do Damage on your own with 2 Totems, but Rightes Fire is excluded of the Damage.
So it is possible to cast 2 Totems which do alot damage and can also use Rightous Fire.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info