1.350 million dps tooltip [2.3] The Dashing Duelist: ~ DW Crit Sword Build - Lacerate / Dual Strike

"
LzAngelz wrote:
Another question,

Is this build purely focused on PvP or can it own in PvE(Lightning Strike?) too? Any PvE or Bossing videos?

Thanks.

It is built for pvp, but I have done 77 maps with it. If you were going to build it solely for pve, then don't bother with the anti-block clusters at all, get wicked blade and blademaster instead, or just a lot more health, which is a good idea either way. I only use LS if there is phys reflect that needs killed, else I use Dual Strike with Melee Splash instead of Added Fire Damage. I've hit 100k dps with splash with group support, and if someone else is taking some of the hits then maps are easy mode, except phy ref maps ofc.
Last edited by roguemjb on Feb 2, 2014, 2:04:11 AM
Awesome thanks! BTW, have you updated the skill tree? Or that it doesn't need updating lol

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAAYB3AHnAwADhwSxBS0GohDwEiAUIBRxFHUV9hc-F9wYsBrbG60byBv6HHgdJiFgI_Yk_SXfJ08ppTGeMbAyCTQ1NJM1kjboOnE67T-bQKBBqkMxRIFHfkp9TGBN404qUEdW-livWfNaSFuvXhNei1-xYEtieWNwZU1noGxGbmlybHKpdEF07XgNeu9-moTZhO-HdpJ9lWaYb5krm4OeuZ_Lo-ekGaZXpzCpbqvFrKqvorXytkG9gb6KvqfAD8EHy_XP-NBH0O7STdUA137cI90N5cXlz-cP51TuDu_j7_Dxivcy96P3vvjr_MX-jw==

I've made some changes, would this work well?
Last edited by LzAngelz on Feb 5, 2014, 10:24:38 AM
I've reached 220k pure phys dual strike, and it's still not enough to take on similarly geared heavy strikers. The hitbox and effective dps (not tooltip dps) of dual strike is just so inconsistent. I find a lot of my hits are missed due to desync. ( have 91% chance to hit and 55% block penetration with sword)
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
"
Castablanca wrote:
I've reached 220k pure phys dual strike, and it's still not enough to take on similarly geared heavy strikers. The hitbox and effective dps (not tooltip dps) of dual strike is just so inconsistent. I find a lot of my hits are missed due to desync. ( have 91% chance to hit and 55% block penetration with sword)

Goddamn, dude! 220k?! But, then I guess you're on standard, too. Can't wait to get destroyed in Standard when the leagues end, haha.

But yah, I did have a couple matches with a 2h mace marauder using HS with multistrike and he would 2 shot me unless I got my hits in first.

I am still on the fence on whether armor nodes are worth it for pvp, but I suppose more life would be more beneficial. Casta, do you think Iron Reflexes is important to get? I always thought it was a no brainer, but armor is starting to seem pretty ineffective. Your input is much appreciated :)
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
Castablanca wrote:

Goddamn, dude! 220k?! But, then I guess you're on standard, too. Can't wait to get destroyed in Standard when the leagues end, haha.

But yah, I did have a couple matches with a 2h mace marauder using HS with multistrike and he would 2 shot me unless I got my hits in first.

I am still on the fence on whether armor nodes are worth it for pvp, but I suppose more life would be more beneficial. Casta, do you think Iron Reflexes is important to get? I always thought it was a no brainer, but armor is starting to seem pretty ineffective. Your input is much appreciated :)

he has ridiculous gear lol, him and axn's guild have the nuttiest stuff i have ever seen
can you post video of your battles?
"
Bigid wrote:

Dunno if I will do any vids this league, working on a top secret build right now. I need to pick between this build and the build I'm working on now for the next league, then I will get it to 90 and make some awesome vids.
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
Bigid wrote:

Dunno if I will do any vids this league, working on a top secret build right now. I need to pick between this build and the build I'm working on now for the next league, then I will get it to 90 and make some awesome vids.

i'm loving your build so far, hurry up with the new build :D
"
Bigid wrote:
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
Bigid wrote:

i'm loving your build so far, hurry up with the new build :D

Update for my few but loyal followers:

The build I am working on is a double strike shield block and acrobatics scion, so right now she has 50% block, 40% dodge and 30% spell dodge. only 3700 health and low armor, but still pretty tanky. Max res of course. She also has lightning coil for 30% less damage taken from phys sources. But her dps is only 15k which is low compared to what I am used to. She is only 69, so maybe in 25 levels she will kick some ass. As of now she wins about half her battles vs 80's characters. Leveling is just so dull though, so I have slowed down my progress with her.

I am debating using regret points from acrobatics and getting Hyrri's Ire for Acrobatics. It wouldn't have spell dodge and would only be 30%, but it would be a lot of points to spend elsewhere for more health/block/damage.

Just before the league ends I will post final stats of Demiricon and the scion if I'm satisfied with her. I will probably level Demiricon's build again, and this time get him to 95.

OMG I can't wait til March 5th!
lol pvp build. Cuz this is a pvp game...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info