Static Shock & Minions.

Does Minions auto attacks supported with Added Lightning be affected by Static Shock or any nodes that increases shock chances?

I'm asking this as I tested with 20% shock chance and it seems like my zombie is not affected but my arc totem does.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Minions do not use your passives (with the exception of Minion Instability, direct minions passives (life, damage, count), and Necromantic Aegis).

As a result, they would not get your static blows (nor do they get your life increases, spell damage increases, etc).
"
pneuma wrote:
Minions do not use your passives (with the exception of Minion Instability, direct minions passives (life, damage, count), and Necromantic Aegis).

As a result, they would not get your static blows (nor do they get your life increases, spell damage increases, etc).

I just felt it doesn't make sense that if my Zombie Minions supported by Added Lightning can do Lightning damage but can't shock mobs, same with other elements.
They CAN shock monsters, but the issue is, they need to do a minimum amount of lightning damage vs the target's maximum life in order to inflict it. The only way you can inflict shock with minions is if you drastically raise their lightning damage per hit, or if you convert their damage into lightning. You're going to need a unique shield that converts physical damage into lightning damage, or a shield that adds tons of lightning damage, and use necromantic aegis. Or, you'll need a unique that has some unique minion passives on it. Or some new passive nodes added to the tree completely.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Dec 21, 2012, 7:27:39 PM
They also need to Crit first...
"
Vipermagi wrote:

But doesn't Static Shock allowed you to have a chance to Shock without a crit?

If not, whats the point in static shock? Everybody knows in-order to cause status effect you need to crit or the skill passively lets you to.
Last edited by heatzz on Dec 27, 2012, 12:07:28 AM
You don't need to crit to inflict shock status, that's what static blows is for, but it is one way of inflicting it with minions.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Dec 27, 2012, 12:12:36 AM
"
heatzz wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

You, yes. Your totems, yes. Minions, no.
Unless specifically stated in the passive's description, a passive only applies to you and your attacks. Totems use your stats for damage-dealing purposes; minions do not. Hence, Static Blows works for Totems, not for Minions.

Because Minions don't benefit, they would need to Crit to apply Shock. This was in addition to Anubite's comment, who mentions the minimum damage threshold.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
heatzz wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

You, yes. Your totems, yes. Minions, no.
Unless specifically stated in the passive's description, a passive only applies to you and your attacks. Totems use your stats for damage-dealing purposes; minions do not. Hence, Static Blows works for Totems, not for Minions.

Because Minions don't benefit, they would need to Crit to apply Shock. This was in addition to Anubite's comment, who mentions the minimum damage threshold.

Then it must be a text error, since my minions does state additional chance to shock enemies 20% in the character's offense page.
Last edited by heatzz on Dec 27, 2012, 3:24:14 AM
minions with added lighting and elemental prolif and multistrike and mele splash (not personaly tested prolif on minions but it should work and ive heard others use it).

cast the curse conductivity on whatever your minions are attacking.
if you have dual curses use ele weakness as well.

so now your minions are doing 3 attacks each AOE each with a 10% chance to shock regardless of crits/damage and enemies are 60% + more vulnerable to lightning.

I hereby name this combo ZOMBIE STORM!

Also if your going with lightning damage I recently found out that stormcall can be used as a cheap and effective zombie lazer designator. the zombies will run right for it if they are not already in combat.

unfortunately lighting shield + necro agis does not work just to warn you.

hope this helps - enjoy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info