Build of the Week, Season 2 Episode 3 Build Submission Thread

Build of the Week Season 1:

Build of the Week Season 2:

Season 2, Episode 3 Build Submissions!
Episode 3 is about pure power. Submit a build that trivialises our hardest content. We're looking for characters that dominate high-level Maps and use interesting combos to do so.

We'll pick our favourite from the submissions and will make a video about it. It'll likely be released next weekend. Please submit the name of any character on your account that you'd like to see featured. A quick explanation of what makes its build special and powerful would be appreciated. Depending on the number of submissions, there's no guarantee that you'll be featured but thanks very much for the time spent submitting it.

We have copies of everyone's characters on our local servers here in the office. They are backed up from the Beta servers at 2am New Zealand time, so make sure that the character was in the state that you want to demonstrate at the last backup.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Low Damage, Regen, LA-Frenzy Tank Ranger , Cokeman Level 83 on Standard

Build

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B3AR-BS0F-QguEuEV8BmKGY4ZtBn-Go8bARv6I_Yl3ymlLYMxnjIBMgkyfjWSNug6UjpYQYdGaUd-Sn1KyE3jTipW-livWhpaSFuvYEthIWVNZ6BodGqTbEZuaW6qcmx07XgNeu99dYTZhO-HGYd2iPGQCpSglwabJpuNo4qkGaZXqW6rxaxZr-uyGbXytkG3Prvjvoq-p8SizZjPetN-2mLdDd7G4urnY-jW6mLrFO2D7g7veu_w9tr56Pqx-wn8xf4K_o_-uv7I

Gear

Spoiler

This Build is unique in that it avoids The Maurauder and Templar Tree completly and also ignores the Static Blows Passive many Lightning Damage Builds take.

The concept is pretty easy , you have rather Low DPS but a high Hp Pool and High Regen combined with the synergie of Lighnting Arrow + Chain + Life on Hit you can do very hard content slow but easy.

Slow and steady.

Despite only being Level 83 this Character already did a minus max ele reflect Shipyard without any problems.
Last edited by Kamro on Nov 12, 2013, 5:43:14 PM
I have a character, SC, but still pretty fun. It's a Heavy Strike Multistrike Duelist, only level 50, but 6k DPS. The name is ArmaSpecs. P.S, the build would be amazing with a 5L Red Chest.
Last edited by 4dds on Nov 12, 2013, 5:21:42 PM
1st?

"Submit a build that trivialises our hardest content." ... "so we can nerf it to hell muhahahahah."

Yeah, do that guys, smart move.
I would like to submit my character, Neiynia, as a candidate for the build of the week.

gear

skill tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAW8QlxFQEZYUsBVQFy8ZihpsGo8c3B0UHaokiySwJ6kn7Sj6KpgvbzQKOVI6MDvhPC08jj0PQYdEBEZxSOdNuU5tVdZXyVqRXIpk52h0aqxr220Zb55wu3NTffV_xoCkgseDCYRIhtGIQI9GkDOTJ5Sgm6GbtZ2uoqOmrKcIpyuofayYtAy3PriTu9a8N7-XwFTB88M6xPbGrsk9ykrMvNDQ0_vYTdkL2RPaYtrd4Yji9-aB6rrr7vF28h7z3fba98H31_no-oD60vsJ

Features:

-7 Auras: Vitality, Purity of Fire, Purity of Ice, Purity of Lightning, Discipline, Grace, Clarity. If I ever get a shavvrones, I can run 8 auras, would probably be haste or determination.
-+70% increased aura effect.
-10 Zombies, 4 Spectres, 14 Skeletons
-2 Permanent Curses, Temporal Chains and Enfeeble.
-80% to all elemental resistances, 75% to chaos resistance.
-186/892 life (reserved)
-3509 Energy Shield.
-92% rarity, will have more as I find better chaos resist magic find rings.
-172.5 ES regen
-35% chance to evade at lvl 82.

Summary:

This is a specialized support summoner, or as I like to call her, The Unholy Saint.

Your specters are a VERY SPECIFIC choice, its not Tentacle Miscreations, nor Burning Miscreations, not even Plumed Chimeras. Your primary choice is the Undying Evangelists!

Evangelists give you HUGE AoE damage, especially with concentrated effect, with 4 of them they blow away most mobs with ease. They also have the Anti-Projectile aura! Giving you and your minions a MUCH needed safety net. With 4 of them their bubbles can easily provide a huge range of safety.

With the correct gear, you can run low life without shavvrones! Since I have 75%, most chaos resist tickles me, I can safely do chaos damage maps as long as I/the group moves fast enough to keep getting potion charges. The only REAL danger is the Undying Alchemists, but as long as your paying attention you can quickly hit a potion and move out of danger.

Temporal Chains / Enfeeble allows me and my minions to endure very well.

This build is fully capable of soloing almost any map, when I get double curses, there are very few maps I could not do. But my greatest asset is my support capabilities. I will pimp out any group I'm in by providing HYPER POWERED Auras, durable meat-shields with zombies, endless fodder with bro-totems, and AoE / shields with my specters.
----
The next 4 levels are to optimize and help out my build, grabbing the inner force cluster and the Arcane Vision cluster to get rid of the low lighting.
Last edited by Waves_blade on Nov 13, 2013, 6:36:59 PM
"
knac84 wrote:
1st?

"Submit a build that trivialises our hardest content." ... "so we can nerf it to hell muhahahahah."

Yeah, do that guys, smart move.

+1, just don't feed the trolls(ggg)
IGN Mimirili
QueenYunaKim
Level 71 Witch
Domination League

I submit this Freeze pulser. Power charge on crit with Freeze pulse + Cold snap ele pro. Freeze the screen then pulse down and repeat.

Had to reroll because my brother(summoner) whined about me shattering all the corpses though :(
Last edited by sprunkey on Nov 12, 2013, 5:29:05 PM
IT'S A TRAP! RUN YOU FOOLS!

Also, if you're looking for a build that trivializes content, just copy my sporker. It now has 400 dps and completely trivialized content since I don't actually want to play the character anymore.

Or is that too OP?
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Last edited by Hyskoa on Nov 12, 2013, 5:44:57 PM
inb4 all the spell block builds.
same name in-game
Gear
Spoiler

Skills
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgX5CC4OSBGWFfAWvxmOGtsj9iQ8JJ0k_SepKaUwfDIBMww2eznUOlhJO0lRSn1OKlFHVvpaSFptW69d8l76YeJh62JaYqxjQ2egb_JwUnDVelN9dX_GhxmHdofbjX2Nv4_6kAqbJpuNnaOdqqCfoaSjiqdcqn-quLIZtKO748BRxKLPetN-1QDWnd0N3vbh2-OE51TndOjW6xTtg-4O73rv8PPq-WP8q_zF_iv-uv7Iqwtyw8wGGdX_3s3q

Description:
Split arrow+Cast on crit+3EK+power charge on crit+hatred+diamond flask+critical weakness=1 shot everything, even in 6 man maps.
I have 33.5 critical chance without counting critical weakness.

Pop my 2 diamond flasks when i just lured a big group, pop critical weakness and after 1-2 seconds of screen freeze the enemies are shattered. I can still maintain my power charges 1v1 vs bosses but i need to continuously hit them when they have crit weakness

Only downside is physical reflect which i need to not get hit by normal monsters for my 2x immortal call to block the reflect instead of their puny attacks
Last edited by ancine on Nov 21, 2013, 3:55:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info