nerf aegis aurora

"
ddub3987 wrote:
Eternal Knives

It is not that this skill does too much damage, but that it is a spell doing physical damage. How can a spell do physical damage? By allowing a spell to do physical damage you are entirely eliminating pure evasion builds against ek. A normal attack you could evade, and spells you have resistances for, but a spell that does physical damage entirely counters the current gaming system and balance. Bear trap falls under this also,but has gotten better since nerf. So you removed the ability to entirely bypass block builds with swords, yet you leave ek's ability to entirely bypass pure evasion builds. I understand you upgraded dodge, but a 40% chance to dodge being one shotted isn't effective at all.

I am not attacking Max block ek builds... but they are the cookie cutter build for player vs player by exploiting these unbalanced topics previously discussed.

dublicious

Dublicious, you can actually dodge EK, evasion works against it.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
"
ddub3987 wrote:
Eternal Knives

It is not that this skill does too much damage, but that it is a spell doing physical damage. How can a spell do physical damage? By allowing a spell to do physical damage you are entirely eliminating pure evasion builds against ek. A normal attack you could evade, and spells you have resistances for, but a spell that does physical damage entirely counters the current gaming system and balance. Bear trap falls under this also,but has gotten better since nerf. So you removed the ability to entirely bypass block builds with swords, yet you leave ek's ability to entirely bypass pure evasion builds. I understand you upgraded dodge, but a 40% chance to dodge being one shotted isn't effective at all.

I am not attacking Max block ek builds... but they are the cookie cutter build for player vs player by exploiting these unbalanced topics previously discussed.

dublicious

EK is a spell u cannot dodge it without phase acrobatics. Dodging and evading are 2 different mechanics I might add.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Yea, that is why its op. It gets the best of both worlds, the physical damage like an attack, and the 100% hit chance of a spell.
Dublicious
"
ddub3987 wrote:
Yea, that is why its op. It gets the best of both worlds, the physical damage like an attack, and the 100% hit chance of a spell.

alot of things are OP, just find which one you like and build around it. Diablo 2 style dawg.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
im not a pvp player ( couse i know i suck anyways^^ )

but i dont think max block is overpowerd, for having that you lose dps. thats the option to be made....and the game still able to kill you.

for those who hate those chars with max block......there is a counterpart to it....swordnoodes has " %ignore players chance to block.

and now some are saying block is overpowerd? what if GGG truely nerves block? then block will be nullified by taken % ignore players chance to block...

things u dont use but the other player does always seems to be overpowerd.....just play youre style and if you find out its not good agains an other style...then change...but dont call other things overpowerd so quick.

for CoDt does DoT not help?

just me (sry for my eng )
By maxin block you will reduce the incomming damage by 75% (or more with uniques). There is nothing that can compare. The dps you lose from not taking as many +8% increase nodes is damn insignificant. The fact that you still can die is hardly evidence of it not being overpowered.

"for those who hate those chars with max block......there is a counterpart to it....swordnoodes has " %ignore players chance to block"

Everyone is not using swords. And those nodes are only working with sword attacks.

"things u dont use but the other player does always seems to be overpowerd.....just play youre style and if you find out its not good agains an other style...then change...but dont call other things overpowerd so quick."

Block is nothing new. You can hardly call anyone complaining over how strong it is hasty. It has been this overpowered for over a year. Aegis aurora just made it much more obvious.

No one is asking that ggg removes block just that they balance it.
Just use EA ^^ thats it
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
"
ddub3987 wrote:
Eternal Knives

dublicious

Dodge and evasion arent even the same thing, and none work on EK. Its funny for all the godly gear you own you still dont know the basics.

you even needed other people to calculate your RF dps in a thread ...

''money don't buy you smarts'' - someone somewhere

"
msrtw wrote:
Its becoming annoying everyone uses that aurora in pvp. It is really total imba.With my dual weild 39500 dps i cant take him down noway. With characters without aegis pvp is good and interesting, with others with aurora its becoming stupid shit. This is the reason why it should be totally nerfed!
Suggestions?

let me guess, a 12 aps build?

Use heavy strike / puncture, and remember multistrike doesnt belong in pvp. Just because every sheeple uses ms in his lolpvmelee build, doesnt mean you have to.
Last edited by sixxinchesfromtheground on Feb 17, 2014, 8:12:14 AM
"
Dodge and evasion arent even the same thing, and none work on EK. Its funny for all the godly gear you own you still dont know the basics.

Use heavy strike / puncture, and remember multistrike doesnt belong in pvp.

Actually spell dodge does work against EK.

Multistrike with heavystrike is quite strong in pvp. The fast knockbacks incapacitates most people.
IGN: _Firebitch
"
sixxinchesfromtheground

you even needed other people to calculate your RF dps in a thread ...

''money don't buy you smarts'' - someone somewhere

You're very good at keeping track of all the shit that i post, i made a mistake and said evasion works against it but i was wrong. Other than that you're saying none work on EK but phase acrobatics is in fact dodge and it works on all types of spell damage. Maybe i was wrong in the post but i'm sure i ment to say dodge or something.

If i asked for people to calculate my RF dps is because i wanted to compare with the number i came out with when i tried to calculate it, why are you even bringing this up i dont see the point ?

I surely know the basics in this game i've been playing it since closed beta you're not even giving a valid argument, your probation wasnt enough to keep you away from antagonizing other players yet ?

IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Feb 17, 2014, 10:48:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info