nerf aegis aurora

Its becoming annoying everyone uses that aurora in pvp. It is really total imba.With my dual weild 39500 dps i cant take him down noway. With characters without aegis pvp is good and interesting, with others with aurora its becoming stupid shit. This is the reason why it should be totally nerfed!
Suggestions?
IGN GarrukPrimeHunter/MasterTrapster
"
msrtw wrote:
Its becoming annoying everyone uses that aurora in pvp. It is really total imba.With my dual weild 39500 dps i cant take him down noway. With characters without aegis pvp is good and interesting, with others with aurora its becoming stupid shit. This is the reason why it should be totally nerfed!
Suggestions?

Increase your damage per hit? Rely less on attack speed for dps?
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Nov 11, 2013, 8:22:42 AM
Yeah, lowering your attacks and making them hit harder is key. If you have multistrike linked, replace it. If you have alternate weapons that are slower with comparable quality to your main weapons, use them. Are you puncturing them?
Ok any advise for a caster? How should I deal with it? I am speced as hard into damage as I possibly can and have infernal mantle so I even bypass the es with 25% of my damage. I can replace my faster cast with crit mult (giving me 40% crit chance and 525% multi) and still cant kill most afk aegis aurora players.

Face it. It is brokenly OP and the PvP tournements will show it (if they ever start)
Last edited by Grildrak on Nov 11, 2013, 5:16:55 PM
"
Grildrak wrote:
Ok any advise for a caster? How should I deal with it? I am speced as hard into damage as I possibly can and have infernal mantle so I even bypass the es with 25% of my damage. I can replace my faster cast with crit mult (giving me 40% crit chance and 525% multi) and still cant kill most afk aegis aurora players.

Face it. It is brokenly OP and the PvP tournements will show it (if they ever start)

Sadly EK may be the only viable casters against aegis builds. I could be wrong though. You'd probably have to increase your crit multi quite a bit higher if possible.
IGN: _Firebitch
"
Grildrak wrote:

I havnt seen a fire caster build do well in PvP since like...ever. Aegis is strong, fire is weak, thus you get the impression Aegis is overpowered.

Also there are CI aegis players against which Mantle is a bad thing.

"
aimlessgun wrote:
"
Grildrak wrote:

I havnt seen a fire caster build do well in PvP since like...ever. Aegis is strong, fire is weak, thus you get the impression Aegis is overpowered.

Also there are CI aegis players against which Mantle is a bad thing.

It is not just fire, ice and lightning are not really any better. The problem for casters are spell block and add aegis aurora heal on top of that and it is totally imbalanced. It needs a fix and unless you like to buff elemental caster to total OPness in pve we need to look at what breaks them in PvP and address that.

And I know infernal mantle it bad against CI. I mentioned it as in "I cant even kill the life based blockers even though I deal partly chaos damage. And far from every blocker is CI anyway so I can't see how that would make aegis aurora any less OP.

GGG said they wanted fast and decisive pvp tournaments but with items like this and the current block mechanic that is not what they would get.
Between this and cast on damage taken the tournament will be full of tanks. When you have the pleasure of playing against them you will have the 2 options:
1. to draw on time (cant kill him, he cant kill you).
2. or give up giving him the win so that maybe you can find a killable opponent next round.
Last edited by Grildrak on Nov 11, 2013, 6:39:14 PM
indeed, lets just change block so that it only reduces the damage by 75% when you block instead of 100% damage reduction. That way it would possibly counter the healing of aegis a little but they would still be very tanky in the first place.

btw gildrak you owned my hp/es hybrid aegis aurora guy even before the 1.0 patch(was at -60% chaos XD) :P getting chaos resist while gearing for HP/ES/res your gear gets stretched quite thin. most of the current aegis guys are all CI although
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
Last edited by oowarpigoo on Nov 11, 2013, 6:38:46 PM
"
Grildrak wrote:

It is not just fire, ice and lightning are not really any better. The problem for casters are spell block and add aegis aurora heal on top of that and it is totally imbalanced. It needs a fix and unless you like to buff elemental caster to total OPness in pve we need to look at what breaks them in PvP and address that.

Alright true, every caster that is not EK has massive issues with Aegis.

I feel that block in general needs a serious look though, so its hard to say what should be done about Aegis without putting it in the context of what should happen to block.
I have to agree, Aegis Aurora is so OP that I'm thinking about making a build around it. Would be very boring because I'm not the tanky one.. :-P

But block in general are very good, but with Aegis is super.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info