AoE Gem for Claws

I never said it was a great option or the solution intended for claws and daggers. I simply stated it is a viable option at the moment for claws and daggers as an AoE. It may have a damage conversion to lightning but it will still allow you to leech life with it as an AoE. The only other option for claws/daggers as a melee oriented aoe is whirling blades which has a 60% damage reduction on it and is prone to desync at times. I have a dagger shadow that uses LS and the mana leech passive right by the shadow tree with 2 or 3 supports on it and it works out rather well to be honest.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

Since i agree with Mark, why no "Slice" skill for claws/daggers instead of cleave?

Just rend everyone in a small radius around you.

Like 50% fixed weapon damage applied instantly and 50% bleeding damage.

Or watch some Freddy Krueger movies for inspiration ;F...
Last edited by Visuv on Dec 11, 2012, 7:25:23 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Korruption16 wrote:
But how are they not long enough? Seems like the Katar-type claws of end-game appear to be at least a foot in length. I feel like that's long enough to scratch past a couple of guys, given they're sharp enough.
To "cleave" something means to cut it into two - Cleave is an attack which is, at least theoretically, able to slice the enemies in twain.
The vast majority of the claws in the game are clearly not long enough to accomplish this on a human-sized monster - they could open their guts, but not slice all the way through them, whereas longer weapons like swords could would be capable of such.

Are we really arguing about diction here? Technically, no physical weapon can be swung at a humanly possible speed to slice through a person before he is thrown sideways. If what you say is true, cleave should be a single hit skill that leaves the ground strewn with severed bodies. If there's any problem here, it's not that claws can't use this skill, it's just that you misnamed the skill itself.

But what's important here is that claws need an AOE skill made with it in mind, not just whirling blades, that doesn't even work, or lightning strike, that is pathetically useless for the leeching that makes claws so special. It's great that new skills will be added, but please don't give such pathetic excuses for why it doesn't have one already. Why can't be cleave be enabled for claws and daggers just in the meantime, when they don't have anything else?
Last edited by tinghshi on Dec 11, 2012, 8:10:07 PM
They have stated that they are going to add an AoE with claws and daggers in mind. Mark explained the reasoning behind why Cleave doesn't work with claws and daggers. And they would have to make animations for claws and daggers to work with cleave which is extra work for a "temporary" enabling of the skill.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

Cant wait for an aoe gem for claws/dagger. Not having a proper aoe was kind of a pain in some places when leveling my shadow.
ign:SerCleavy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info