[1.0.2] Tri Element Trapper

depends on if shock nova is quality or not.
"
Neothin87 wrote:
depends on if shock nova is quality or not.

You want say quality shock nova>lightning trap, shock nova(no quality)<lightning trap?
This is what I'm wondering how to setup at the moment.

Should I go Shock Nova / Trap / Proliferation / Added Lightning
Or Lightning Trap / Multiple Traps / Proliferation / Added Lightning

And I've been reading that lightning penetration would actually be better, or reduced duration?

Is the dead zone in the middle of shock nova an issue?
Shock Nova really needs multiple traps in my experience due to the dead zone.

SN -> Trap -> Multiple Traps -> Elemental Proliferation

In the late levels when I had plenty of crit I switched back to lightning trap because the damage was higher and I was shock stacking just fine.

LT -> Multiple Traps -> Elemental Proliferation -> Added Lightning Damage (Quality)

Once you get use to chucking traps the insta-trap isn't really needed. The only time I use insta-traps now is on my dual totem searing bond elemental equilibrium trapper.
Would it be good to use a pure ES shield? I'd imagine getting one with spell damage + crit would boost my dps by a lot

Also, I'm having a lot of trouble sustaining Arctic Armour with only 60% mana regen from the tree, would it be worth it fork over 2 points and grab the shaper node for 40% more regen?
Last edited by hatoblue on Mar 23, 2014, 1:28:22 AM
Here's my guide based of off yours! thank you for the amazing time! my entire Poe career is based off of you!

http://web.poe.garena.com/forum/view-thread/1640
Very solid and powerful build...

For now, being my first character, im playing without Sunblast (15-25 Chaos are so hard to collect), but with Deerstalker from level22 (for 1c2fus) gameplay has been very funny (and easy)...

Just a question (maybe noob): with Sunblast, traps continue to explode when triggered (when a monster goes over them), or they explode ONLY when expire?
They explode if touched or if the duration runs out. Best of both worlds
Last edited by Neothin87 on Mar 23, 2014, 9:47:49 AM
"
tscosomaz wrote:
Very solid and powerful build...

For now, being my first character, im playing without Sunblast (15-25 Chaos are so hard to collect), but with Deerstalker from level22 (for 1c2fus) gameplay has been very funny (and easy)...

Just a question (maybe noob): with Sunblast, traps continue to explode when triggered (when a monster goes over them), or they explode ONLY when expire?

15-25c for Sunblast? Jesus christ. I got mine for 4c in HC.
Can someone post new links to the build and progression of passives? It may be just me but the tree is corrupted with lone passives not connected to anything else. Thanks if you can help me out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info