[1.0.2] Tri Element Trapper

Thanks for answering my questions, really helped me understand the build more. I find this build really fun to play, very effective too. Surprised it hasn't caught a lot of attention yet.

One more question, I hope it's not too much. Which one did you prioritize when you were going along the tree? Elemental Equilibrium or Iron Reflexes?

PS. Those are some really nice gear.
"
Thanks for answering my questions, really helped me understand the build more. I find this build really fun to play, very effective too. Surprised it hasn't caught a lot of attention yet.

One more question, I hope it's not too much. Which one did you prioritize when you were going along the tree? Elemental Equilibrium or Iron Reflexes?

PS. Those are some really nice gear.

Iron Reflexes first for sure. I've found, at least from my experience with PoE, that building defensive first is always better. DPS doesn't really become an issue in general for all builds until Merc Act 3.

My "path" I took while leveling up mainly followed up and around straight to Iron Reflexes, only stopping to take HP, Mana, and a couple Trap nodes (Saboteur, Expedious Munitions, and Master Sapper) along the way. After getting Iron Reflexes, I filled in with the Crit Nodes connected to my path and Eldritch Battery. Then I went up and took EE, followed by the Aura Nodes.

One thing of note. Saboteur and Master Sapper end up adding +3 Additional Traps. If you do the math: 3 Traps normally + 3 from Multi Traps + 3 Traps from passives = 9 Traps. This becomes important when two things happen. First, all 3 of your elemental traps are linked with Multi Trap, and second when your Trap speed is fast enough that you can toss all 3 elements out before your first lightning trap explodes. If you run into the issue of your Cold Traps coming out too fast, cancelling some of your Lightning Traps, make sure to take all the + Addition Trap nodes so you can have your full compliment of 9 traps out at a time. Even with instant explosion of Lightning and Cold Traps, you will begin to throw them fast enough that you will do your full rotation of all 3 elements (Lit>Fire>Cold) before Lightning hits the ground.

IGN: Arkon_Melee_LoL

https://www.twitch.tv/arkon9944
just found the boots and was looking around at what build would use them, and i found this thread :D

having a respeced shadow, was wondering how youd spend 84 points, was tinkering around with the tree and im debating how to prioritize nodes as youve maximized your points pretty efficiently, ie; id have to throttle back on either damage or survivability/mana management, lol
"
arkon9944 wrote:
Iron Reflexes first for sure. I've found, at least from my experience with PoE, that building defensive first is always better. DPS doesn't really become an issue in general for all builds until Merc Act 3.

My "path" I took while leveling up mainly followed up and around straight to Iron Reflexes, only stopping to take HP, Mana, and a couple Trap nodes (Saboteur, Expedious Munitions, and Master Sapper) along the way. After getting Iron Reflexes, I filled in with the Crit Nodes connected to my path and Eldritch Battery. Then I went up and took EE, followed by the Aura Nodes.

One thing of note. Saboteur and Master Sapper end up adding +3 Additional Traps. If you do the math: 3 Traps normally + 3 from Multi Traps + 3 Traps from passives = 9 Traps. This becomes important when two things happen. First, all 3 of your elemental traps are linked with Multi Trap, and second when your Trap speed is fast enough that you can toss all 3 elements out before your first lightning trap explodes. If you run into the issue of your Cold Traps coming out too fast, cancelling some of your Lightning Traps, make sure to take all the + Addition Trap nodes so you can have your full compliment of 9 traps out at a time. Even with instant explosion of Lightning and Cold Traps, you will begin to throw them fast enough that you will do your full rotation of all 3 elements (Lit>Fire>Cold) before Lightning hits the ground.

Ah, I see.. thanks for the really detailed response! Really helped me understand your build even more. Thanks for the tips as well, I will keep these in mind as I progress. Thanks again!
"
swizzleigh wrote:
just found the boots and was looking around at what build would use them, and i found this thread :D

having a respeced shadow, was wondering how youd spend 84 points, was tinkering around with the tree and im debating how to prioritize nodes as youve maximized your points pretty efficiently, ie; id have to throttle back on either damage or survivability/mana management, lol

84 points:

Get EE next, then the 3 aura clusters. From there just fill in the rest of the tree.

how viable is this game at endgame maps?

i was thinking of making a maruader next, but shadow trapper seems fun

can this build solo endgame maps and/or piety, or Dominus?
"
xtacb wrote:
how viable is this game at endgame maps?

i was thinking of making a maruader next, but shadow trapper seems fun

can this build solo endgame maps and/or piety, or Dominus?

Very viable end game. Outside of the Map Mods that I wrote about up top, I haven't run into any issues and I've solo'd up to lvl 75 maps so far and I'm only level 78.

Piety is an utter laughable joke, and I've only fought Dominous on Merc once. The first phase with all his little henchmen was no problem. His big demon phase at the end was laughable as well. The only part of the Dominous fight which was a little tough is his "human" form where he shoots that ghost lightning shit.

was wondering, some other "ranger" builds that use bear trap say to get the Oak +Physical Damage in cruel

your is just getting the passive point

is the bear trap single target DPS increase from that Oak bandit, actually negligible?
"
xtacb wrote:
was wondering, some other "ranger" builds that use bear trap say to get the Oak +Physical Damage in cruel

your is just getting the passive point

is the bear trap single target DPS increase from that Oak bandit, actually negligible?

Getting Oak's passive physical damage might be good if this was an EK build with Bear Traps. However, since 95% of the time you're using your 3 elements, and only tossing around bear traps sparringly, and more importantly for culling strike/IIR on bosses, why waste a passive point that makes only bear traps do a tiny bit more damage?

How much DPS does elemental equilibrium really add? Is it essential to the build or just icing on top?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info