Path Of Exile Auction House?

"
Xales wrote:
Trade is easy to fix and make ggg $. Let me have a shop in my hideout. Sell shop tabs just like stash tabs. Then I don't have to stop playing every time someone wants to buy an item. They just go to my hideout and buy it at price I set. Still find items on forums or poe.xyz

Exactly!
"
oBohz wrote:
"
Xales wrote:
Trade is easy to fix and make ggg $. Let me have a shop in my hideout. Sell shop tabs just like stash tabs. Then I don't have to stop playing every time someone wants to buy an item. They just go to my hideout and buy it at price I set. Still find items on forums or poe.xyz

Exactly!

This means offline trading, which means automated AH, which means bots. Read my response, and linked post to it.

I think everyone needs to understand why automated trading is not a good idea.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Ofcourse we dont need ah, we will spend the rest of our gameplaying by the stashbox.
AH is the only thing this game needs to be complate ! Why u ask ?
Well i give myself as a example .
I dont have mutch time to play and PoE is the best i ever played ( love it )
but when i play ... i enjoy it ... love to tweek my stuff...love to farm some maps
get some gear ( i have 5 chars with full stash with stuff) .i put some gear in forum for sale
but i dont wana sped 24h in the game just to hope some1 will buy or ask for offer ,
even worst ingame trade chat is full of overprices gear ( exploiting the lack of AH ) .
Why do i have to search for third pty sites/apps wich i have no ideea how accurate are,
to check for prices...for gear and also to sell my gear
I consider myself as a fair person so i stongly belive a ingame AH or even browser AH ( live AH's )
would improve game experience ...less ppl would get "scamed" with overprices ,
more ppl will have easy acces on different gear/currency buying and selling live.
Or even GGG can create something like players vendors ( would be vry nice ) were i can go ingame to a vendor
market and check diferent stuf...
Vendors olso can pay rents per week or something with ingame currency ...
This will open a hole new experience.
Imagine u have a Master vendor wich u can upg it .Lower lvls u can only sell whit/blue items or low lvl rares
...as u lvl him up u can sell hi lvl item with hi lvl stats or uniqs/maps etc
Curreny vendors...and ssoo on...
GGG u can get creative ... base ideea make it fun playble (not all other AH's from other games)
soo the majority of players can have live and easy acces to gear/curr/maps etc.

We need AH in this game , as for the bots it's up to GGG to deal with it not us .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
tichizz wrote:
Ofcourse we dont need ah, we will spend the rest of our gameplaying by the stashbox.

This, and a thousand times this.

Diablo3 with AH slowly turn the Action RPG game in some kind of Virtual Economy Game. People started to play less and less the actual game, and only spending time "Sniping" for good items.

AH on POE would be an awful idea... It almost kill Diablo3 for a reason.
"

Yes - because people were making bank, irl, off it. The drive to flip items (which occurs already as you're well aware) is based on the perceived value to the player. When real money becomes involved, people start doing anything they can including spending months crafting complex, iterative bot code.

Your next counter argument may well be 'yes but bots already make RMT in PoE anyway so AH would just make it worse'... Which actually just reinforces the argument of the person above. If you agree that botting already affects the economy, then it's actually beyond the players to address it, other than by complicity in putting up with the current, very poor system.

Players should be able to expect to play and enjoy a game which efficiently allows them to play. That's why people like good quality controllers and get angry at games being ported to other platforms with crappy controls. When playing a game feels like hard work, often it's easier to just play another game.

It's *already* incumbent upon GGG to find (better) ways to address botting and RMT. The only reason to not go with an auction house, if you are GGG, is that you fear your detection methods are going to be inadequate. There are a number of methods that have been proposed to detect whether the trader is human that would be worth at least trying. I hear there are temporary leagues which are useful for testing new features...
"
davidnn5 wrote:
"

Yes - because people were making bank, irl, off it. The drive to flip items (which occurs already as you're well aware) is based on the perceived value to the player. When real money becomes involved, people start doing anything they can including spending months crafting complex, iterative bot code.

Your next counter argument may well be 'yes but bots already make RMT in PoE anyway so AH would just make it worse'... Which actually just reinforces the argument of the person above. If you agree that botting already affects the economy, then it's actually beyond the players to address it, other than by complicity in putting up with the current, very poor system.

Players should be able to expect to play and enjoy a game which efficiently allows them to play. That's why people like good quality controllers and get angry at games being ported to other platforms with crappy controls. When playing a game feels like hard work, often it's easier to just play another game.

It's *already* incumbent upon GGG to find (better) ways to address botting and RMT. The only reason to not go with an auction house, if you are GGG, is that you fear your detection methods are going to be inadequate. There are a number of methods that have been proposed to detect whether the trader is human that would be worth at least trying. I hear there are temporary leagues which are useful for testing new features...

This. Also, there are already people hard at work making bots for this game. And a couple already out.
In my opinion trade does not fit into any arpg, however, in its current state an AH would still be a huge improvement.

Somebody already explained it perfect: Trade in PoE is cancer.

For me playing PoE is a constant struggle. It could be so fun, but actually its only "meh" and full of bulls hit mechanics and I keep playing, because I hope it will improve.

Unfortunatly the game does grow, but only in its quantity. PoE is a game which has a tremendous amount of content, which kicks you in the face, but most of this content is stale or even meaningless.
What the game needs is QUALITY IMPROVEMENT and reworks of old game mechanics.

Unfortunatly the designer rather stick to old and outdated decistions rather than tackle obvious problems

-trade rework
-legacy items
-loot distribution. This one actually got solved, but it took 1000(!!) forum pages and though nobody wants back the unholy FFA system, I guess the game designer still feel sorry, that they gave in to the vast majority
-RNG crafting (got bandaidfixed with masters)
-inventory management (yes its so hardcore and oldschool to go back to town every 2 minutes!)
-lots of other stuff

For me its actually unbelievable, that PoE is still the best ARPG out there! I guess its just because of the massive quantity. Whenever, you feel like the game sh its on your head, you can still make a new character...

Damn, why did those Diablo 3 retards fk up the item- and statsystem so badly...
Last edited by ExiledRenor on Feb 2, 2015, 8:56:18 AM
exiledrenor stop it.

you cant trade therefore trade is bad?

people dont answer your "hi" because its annoying as fuck.

learn to trade, get gud and dont try to destroy others gameplay by being to lazy to learn the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info