Path Of Exile Auction House?

Communication?

Are you people who go to stores in town and like to communicate with the sellers because that's so much fun is it?

You might end up in this game trying to communicate with someone who does not know english or is 9 years old or thinks really really slow like that.

I go to the bar or talk with friends when I want to communicate.

I do not want to communicate just to try to get rid of some stuff and purchase some other stuff.

If you find communicating over trade so great go to town or avoid AH.

If they do add AH to the game, then I'll invest in it. I dont see myself investing before that.

When I want to communicate with others in this game it will be about this game, not to make some silly trade that in the end changers a few 1's and 0's in ggg's database.
"
Shurgosa wrote:
people often wonder about the long term playability that they Auction house adds/removes.

There are games with automated trading systems still going strong after more than a decade.

Kinda shoots holes in the argument that automated trading kills online games.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
I'd love it.

Having to trade with the system like it currently is is a pain in the ass.
I want PoE to play and have fun, not to waste time spamming the trade chat, and often listening to assholes who offer you less than what you're asking for.

You don't need a bad trade system (or the lack of one, in this case) for a game to be social. If you want to be social, there's global, there are guilds, there are parties.

There's no need to make the players waste time doing something that could be easily automated.

<tinfoilHat>Maybe GGG likes it this way, since without an auction house, selling items takes way longer, so you have more items at any given time, forcing sellers to buy extra stash tabs to store what they're tyring to sell.</tinfoilHat>

I haven't really looked at the trade channel for more than a few minutes. Reminds me of East Commons. If anyone experienced the early trading days of EQ you know what I mean and that was 15 years ago!
to each his own, personally current system is not good, because:
1. difficult to make public what you are selling (trade chat/forum both have very strong downsides)
2. both parties have to be online at the same time to perform the actual trade (smaller problem than 1, but still)

to me the biggest negative aspect of PoE is trading, everything else i can live with
"
qwerty9988 wrote:
I haven't really looked at the trade channel for more than a few minutes. Reminds me of East Commons. If anyone experienced the early trading days of EQ you know what I mean and that was 15 years ago!

The good old days, before everybody become obsessed with max level and end game.

I still remember people training griffons into the tunnel.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
Simple database change that will help the trade system…Add new trade channels labeled
$gems1
$currency1
$unique1

Allow players to post to the new trade channels; players will self-regulate. It would be much easier to open the $gems chat to buy a skill gem instead of having to let $trade1 fill up while AFK.

Simple change that could be coded and released in less than a week.
IGN: Wrathmar * Paulie * Client
I love AH, but maybe is hard to be scripted.
Not hard but its not in GGGs interest. There are two resonons of that:
1. Harder trading -> harder getting things (u need to farm items) -> longer intrest about game
2. Small space -> means u either vendor things for shit prices or buy tabs ($_$ for ggg)

This is why there is little chance for AH, thats why gems and unique vendor prices are so shitty, and most of the vendor recipes (except few) are shitty as well.

But i dont blame them. I would do the same if i put so many time and effort in making this game withoud demanding paying for it.
Last edited by doman18 on Mar 26, 2014, 3:37:18 PM
I play solo selffound only in Standard since I joined (and still enjoying my journey and making new characters with available item based theorycrafting)

Now I decided to try playing with trading in Ambush (and then give my items away when Ambush ends)

So ask me again in ~three months :)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info