1.0.0f Patch Notes

CODT needs more nerfs.

renting this space - 1 gcp/month
the 250ms cooldown kills a lot of build possibilities for cast when damage taken. Doesn't hurt its role as expensive nobrainer asset to any build for free molten shell+enduring cry, but it sure is a lot less interesting to actually build around it now
IGN: Torrenz
Nemesis Shop: view-thread/634031
CoDT not only makes the game more enjoyable, but it also helps to combat deaths from desync/connectivity related issues. Now when I desync, my CoDT may save me by putting a decoy out, and give me enough time to get back into the fight. Please don't nerf it too hard, really great gem.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
The rampant overuse of CoDT causes those that use Enfeeble to prolong life expectancy to be in direct conflict on how to run maps. I don't see it being an issue in tight-knight groups, but it's a nightmarish situation for PUGs.
"
shoju wrote:
"
Elitematte wrote:

When you make changes like these.. you should give everyone skill resets since your changes might ruin a WHOLE BUILD which it fucking did for me .. thanks ggg.. i think this is enough for me

I'm looking over the changes, and I'm trying to figure out how these changes RUINED your entire build?

Unless....

You built completely glass cannon, and were using
Endurance Charges
Increased Duration
CwDT
Enduring Cry
Immortal Call
Decoy Totem (possibility)

As your ONLY defense mechanism.

And, if that's the case? You made terrible decisions in your build, and should be punished for doing so.

Believing that CwDT was specifically designed to be a "permanent" solution to your defenses, allowing you to not build a passive tree that included other defenses is just silly.

It's beyond silly, it borders on being asinine. The gem wasn't intended to be the only defense you have within your character. I've not even played far enough through to get the option of CwDT support yet on my new chars, and I haven't bothered to do so with my standard chars yet, since I'm playing in Domination. I'm honestly glad that I've taken my time, and that I wont get it until it's been changed.

Then, I wont even notice that there was a time when people thought it was completely acceptable to use a single support gem to fuel their defenses for a character.

I was discharge CwDT, just letting things hit me and discharge away.. ONE way to enjoy the game..
"
Elitematte wrote:
"
shoju wrote:
"
Elitematte wrote:

When you make changes like these.. you should give everyone skill resets since your changes might ruin a WHOLE BUILD which it fucking did for me .. thanks ggg.. i think this is enough for me

I'm looking over the changes, and I'm trying to figure out how these changes RUINED your entire build?

Unless....

You built completely glass cannon, and were using
Endurance Charges
Increased Duration
CwDT
Enduring Cry
Immortal Call
Decoy Totem (possibility)

As your ONLY defense mechanism.

And, if that's the case? You made terrible decisions in your build, and should be punished for doing so.

Believing that CwDT was specifically designed to be a "permanent" solution to your defenses, allowing you to not build a passive tree that included other defenses is just silly.

It's beyond silly, it borders on being asinine. The gem wasn't intended to be the only defense you have within your character. I've not even played far enough through to get the option of CwDT support yet on my new chars, and I haven't bothered to do so with my standard chars yet, since I'm playing in Domination. I'm honestly glad that I've taken my time, and that I wont get it until it's been changed.

Then, I wont even notice that there was a time when people thought it was completely acceptable to use a single support gem to fuel their defenses for a character.

I was discharge CwDT, just letting things hit me and discharge away.. ONE way to enjoy the game..

Indeed. Alot of great points to keep CWDT a good addition to the arsenal of gems. It is not abused as a must have, but it is nice to have. Also it is good as a defensive mechanism against lag/desync as someone pointed out earlier. I do agree it should not be the only defense your character has and if it was how the hell did it work against the multitude of enemies and damage types o.O
I love pie.
"
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
any plan on fixing the Infinite loop stacking spell from cast on damage taken and reflect?

That's exactly what the cooldown prevents.

it also directly nerfs the gem's procrate and reliability which sucks if you want to actually build around it

I understand that a cooldown is the easiest fix for the reflect problem, but perhaps a better solution could be implemented to protect build diversity? like if multiple triggers happen within 250ms they could be delayed by another 250ms, up to a limit of 5 or 10 queued procs? this would cap out triggers at 1/250ms without causing any procs to be lost outside of extreme cascading reflect scenarios

or maybe the cooldown could be made to apply to reflected damage only, there's already the mechanical separation of reflected damage being unable to cause status effects or be re-reflected so surely a distinction must be possible
IGN: Torrenz
Nemesis Shop: view-thread/634031
Last edited by Torrenz on Nov 6, 2013, 2:20:01 PM
"
Elitematte wrote:

So, let me get this straight. You were using Discharge, with CwDT.

You were using some of the following
Enduring Cry (CwDT to gain charges)
Blood Rage (Because on death, that's free Frenzy Charges, to Discharge away)
The Unique that gives you Charges when other Charges are used (more charges to discharge away)

And then, as you took damage, you were discharging with CwDT?

Using two different CwDT gems, at different levels to spread out getting charges I'd assume.

And then.... Dropping curses, to help you live? Ele Weakness, Temp Chains, etc...

Did you do anything that proactively generated offense? Or was the entire build predicated around CWDT?

Because If I'm understanding what it is that you were doing correctly (based on a few videos I've seen of people spamming curses, and using CwDT to be their "offense"), I really have no idea why you would have thought that this type of playstyle would be sustained by the designers. The videos I watched were people playing multi curse, and CwDT was doing all the killing.

It was all the bonuses of Totem builds, with none of the drawbacks of trying to manage totems.
Last edited by shoju on Nov 6, 2013, 2:45:36 PM
"
shoju wrote:
"
Elitematte wrote:

So, let me get this straight. You were using Discharge, with CwDT.

You were using some of the following
Enduring Cry (CwDT to gain charges)
Blood Rage (Because on death, that's free Frenzy Charges, to Discharge away)
The Unique that gives you Charges when other Charges are used (more charges to discharge away)

And then, as you took damage, you were discharging with CwDT?

Using two different CwDT gems, at different levels to spread out getting charges I'd assume.

And then.... Dropping curses, to help you live? Ele Weakness, Temp Chains, etc...

Did you do anything that proactively generated offense? Or was the entire build predicated around CWDT?

Because If I'm understanding what it is that you were doing correctly (based on a few videos I've seen of people spamming curses, and using CwDT to be their "offense"), I really have no idea why you would have thought that this type of playstyle would be sustained by the designers. The videos I watched were people playing multi curse, and CwDT was doing all the killing.

It was all the bonuses of Totem builds, with none of the drawbacks of trying to manage totems.

The real question is why did the devs not have the foresight to see this being a problem. I don't feel like re-rolling everytime someone outside of the devs discovers this amazing op skill/support.

This isn't Beta anymore.
Really glad CWDT is being nerfed, and not at all, 250MS is NOTHING or at least taking into account the gem level.
It was an obvious change, most of you probably knew it but were afraid of the truth.
I'm expecting more nerfs/buffs for other Cast when* gems since Curse on hit is WORTHLESS compared to CWDT.. 100% chance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info