[1.0.1]theWombo's Crit Lightning Arrow with Pierce; FROST WALL ABUSE(semi noob-friendly)

If you have 100% pierce, is there any reason not to have double frostwalls in your gloves? wouldn't it be more damage or am I mistaken?
Last edited by Uberness on Nov 17, 2013, 9:53:01 AM
"
Uberness wrote:
If you have 100% pierce, is there any reason not to have double frostwalls in your gloves? wouldn't it be more damage or am I mistaken?

you cant have the same gem twice linked in one item
so this wont work
Last edited by vententjsp on Nov 18, 2013, 7:54:33 AM
"
vententjsp wrote:
"
Uberness wrote:

you cant have the same gem twice linked in one item
so this wont work

In my gloves I forgot to put in the 20Q enfeeble that I was using because I like to get hit more often when I run through lower level maps.

I have tested out if it was possible to run multiple frost walls with cast on damage taken. Since this was hard to test with frost wall(although I did try), a friend and I tested this extensively with multiple skill gems that we thought would make this test simpler. We tried out skills like double enduring cry and raise zombie in a pvp match where we could control damage output and failed to see both of them work both as linked in the same 4l(cwdt-frost wall-frost wall) and separate links( cwdt-frost wall on gloves, cwdt-frostwall on shoes, for example)

If anybody knows if this actually works and its just the changes to the cooldown then that might be worth checking out. But I have yet to notice significant advantages of running multiple frost walls.
I'll be trying this build out in Nemesis and will let you know how it goes.
RIP count: sideways 8
Looks like a great build, will try it out :)
Unfortunately due to the nature of my outdated laptop I cannot handle nemesis; certain nemesis mods are really heavy on me and result in lag pauses of 3-4 seconds. (Soul Conduit and Bringer of Bones are ones that come into mind) Luckily we have two people trying this out on nemesis! They are super friendly! :)

"
reks88 wrote:
I'll be trying this build out in Nemesis and will let you know how it goes.

Cool! I also updated parts of the build based on your suggestions!

"
xzeroxsinx wrote:
Looks like a great build, will try it out :)

Thank you! Hope you enjoy! Updated some parts of the build based on your questions! Tell me if I missed anything!
hi, i just read this thread, I am using LA build currently and I have problem with survivability (I am not even on merciless yet). So since u can't evade spells, how is this build will survive against them? How about elemental reflect? you said it is not a problem. What is the strategy behind that since the DPS will mainly be elemental. I read your Q&A and I don;t have the answer. If you don't mind answering....I will appreciate it. Sorry for any grammar mistake, I am not fluent in english.
"
kopisusu wrote:
hi, i just read this thread, I am using LA build currently and I have problem with survivability (I am not even on merciless yet). So since u can't evade spells, how is this build will survive against them? How about elemental reflect? you said it is not a problem. What is the strategy behind that since the DPS will mainly be elemental. I read your Q&A and I don;t have the answer. If you don't mind answering....I will appreciate it. Sorry for any grammar mistake, I am not fluent in english.

I had no problem with surviving in cruel.

Let me know two things to help you.
1)What is your HP currently at?
2)What are your elemental resists currently at?
Fire resist=?
Cold Resist=?
Lightning resist=?

Play style and knowledge can also be essential here. Knowing what enemies do, the damage they may output, the rare and blue mods that can be rolled, as well as mechanics behind evasion resists and armour, is part of what helps you survive. Late game Frost Wall helps block a lot of spells.

This will help me help you. With Phase Acrobatics you are able to dodge 30% of spells. Spells are further mitigated by your resists, so maxing your resists (75% to fire, cold, lightning resists) is very important.

Elemental Reflect: Maxing your resists helps you here a lot as well. Once your damage gets reflected it has to go through the same resists which helps tremendously. A proper HP pool also helps you survive elemental reflect. If you are still having trouble, use the Life Gain on Hit Gem. I find myself nearly invincible with this gem on(I replace weapon elemental damage when I do this.) It works very well with lightning arrow.

Point Blank: This may help with your problem if you find yourself dieing often to offscreen reflect. It will lower your damage offscreen so you won't be doing as much damage and accidentally dpsing a large group of ele reflect mobs to kill yourself.
Last edited by thewombo on Nov 20, 2013, 2:43:11 PM
Made it to cruel in Nemesis so far, plan on getting to Merciless in a few hours. I've had no problems so far. Prioritizing health and resists and grabbing Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics really does wonders. Also helps that my leveling buddy pops Decoy Totem for the scary stuff.
RIP count: sideways 8
Around Act 3 Cruel it becomes particularly important to have good resists and Frost Wall on CWDT. That and a decent high damage bow are all you really need. Even a 3L is enough to plow through most content with LA > LMP > FA. A 4L or 5L with Life Leech and Elemental Damage will also help a lot.
Last edited by mrkab on Nov 20, 2013, 4:47:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info