Explanation of some changes in 0.9.13h

"
Joshmans90 wrote:
Lol, 1000. Total is probably more along the lines of 50. Oh how people love to exaggerate.

Maybe exaggeration, or maybe not. I'm sure some people have used over 1000 alchs. I've used hundreds of alchs myself since the last reset. Haven't created anything spectacular, but have made a few fairly good items. They really are a gamble, and while they may have created some great stuff for some people, those lucky items are few and far between.
it is not an exaggeration.
the majority of orbs in this game are horrible.
1 out of 100 alchs will net you something passable 1 out 300 might get you something sell able
1 out of 500 will get you something useable.

and this is true for most currency items.
300 chaos to get a good roll on a rare
1000 fusing for 6l
1000 jewler for 6s
300 chrom for ideal socket layouts.

at this point the currency items have very little worth coming from what they do. It is all rarity.
exalted orbs? blessed orbs? you really think they would be worth so much if not for the fact that they can only be dropped on a blue moon when hell froze over? .0001% of players who know what they are doing use blesseds or exalteds for crafting.

you think a gcp would be the staple currency item if not for the fact that its crafting recipe is such a rip off?
hell no.

the only orbs that should be used are the ones that you cant get around using , ie fusings jeweler and chromes. other than that all your other orbs should be collecting dust in your stash .
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 1, 2012, 8:57:51 PM
"
Joshmans90 wrote:
Lol, 1000. Total is probably more along the lines of 50. Oh how people love to exaggerate.

Haha nope, i still remeber the day where the one guy spend 800 fuses and still didnt get a 6 link, we all laughed very hard.
"
Metronomy wrote:
I really didnt use the old recipe anyway, I cant be bothered to do stuff like that, just vendor for alterations =)

Same, id rather be playing the actual game instead of consulting a 3rd party browser plugin to see how i can turn my extra stash tabs into (unearned) profit. Glad to see that recipe deprecated.
IGN: KoTao
I have to admit, I bought my first and only batch of stash tabs after mucking around with the plug-in, but after a while I had no interest in it. Can't quite say why other than it really did feel like cheating. It wasn't something the devs put into the game so...yeah, I dropped it.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
Rare matching was essential to support alching maps. I hope the act 3 shop sells alchs really cheap considering that it is quite common to blow something like 5 alchs and 10 chaos per hour, just on maps.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
1 out of 100 alchs will net you something passable 1 out 300 might get you something sell able

1000 fusing for 6l
1000 jewler for 6s

at this point the currency items have very little worth coming from what they do. It is all rarity.
exalted orbs? blessed orbs? you really think they would be worth so much if not for the fact that they can only be dropped on a blue moon when hell froze over? .0001% of players who know what they are doing use blesseds or exalteds for crafting.

you think a gcp would be the staple currency item if not for the fact that its crafting recipe is such a rip off?
hell no.

the only orbs that should be used are the ones that you cant get around using , ie fusings jeweler and chromes. other than that all your other orbs should be collecting dust in your stash .

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
"
Metronomy wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Is it possible that a gem sink will be added beyond the rings?

Don't forget Onyx Amulets: One gem of each color and any amulet, for a random +10-20 to all stats (minimum level to use 20). It's a good reason to keep junk amulets around. =^[.]^=
Dont forget the flask recipes either =P

Do what, now? =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

1000 fusing for 6l
1000 jewler for 6s

hell no.

ALL of this is wrong. Alching 150 pieces of jewelry I was able to salvage 20-30 worth selling for 1 gcp, throwing the ones worth an alch or chaos towards chaos recipes so I trashed many rings people would still have bought.

HugeMFKA is a chaos crafter. He made a 2h axe (not a very popular weapon) that sold recently for 13-15 gcps in under 50 chaos. He made a chest which sold for 10-20 in about 50 chaos.

While fusings are a wide variation because there's exactly 1 thing you are looking for unlike crafting rares. I know someone who got 2 6l in a total of 3 fusings and I've heard of a few people who've gotten it under 100-200. I'm in the unlucky side of 1k and still nothing.

I've never spent 1k jewelers on getting a 6s, worst I've had is 200 and I've turned about 10 bad socket items into 6s

Until recently I've never had to use more than 50 chroms to get the colors I want. If you are routinely spending this much it comes at the cost of using armor not designed for your class/skills, unique/off builds will cost more.

So is someone else who hasn't done much end game crafting going to come out and say how it's impossible to craft good stuff? Go take a look at my trade thread if you need proof. Most of that stuff there was crafted by me, including the ring that has a c/o of 17 gcps.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Moosifer wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

1000 fusing for 6l
1000 jewler for 6s

hell no.

ALL of this is wrong. Alching 150 pieces of jewelry I was able to salvage 20-30 worth selling for 1 gcp, throwing the ones worth an alch or chaos towards chaos recipes so I trashed many rings people would still have bought.

HugeMFKA is a chaos crafter. He made a 2h axe (not a very popular weapon) that sold recently for 13-15 gcps in under 50 chaos. He made a chest which sold for 10-20 in about 50 chaos.

While fusings are a wide variation because there's exactly 1 thing you are looking for unlike crafting rares. I know someone who got 2 6l in a total of 3 fusings and I've heard of a few people who've gotten it under 100-200. I'm in the unlucky side of 1k and still nothing.

I've never spent 1k jewelers on getting a 6s, worst I've had is 200 and I've turned about 10 bad socket items into 6s

Until recently I've never had to use more than 50 chroms to get the colors I want. If you are routinely spending this much it comes at the cost of using armor not designed for your class/skills, unique/off builds will cost more.

So is someone else who hasn't done much end game crafting going to come out and say how it's impossible to craft good stuff? Go take a look at my trade thread if you need proof. Most of that stuff there was crafted by me, including the ring that has a c/o of 17 gcps.

whilst the guy is clearly wrong, the examples you give are crafting fails. Ur supposed to net more than you outlay..........

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info