Upcoming patches and race events

"
"
Guilherme84 wrote:
Another idea I would suggest is 1 week 2h World Leveling Record.

Allowing people to create a toon from any class for 1 week long, and once you join the game, the timer starts ending 2h after.

End results would be placed in ladderboard by experience.

So, in the end of the week, we could have an official "World Record" for 2h length.

You could vary the time too, so record XP gained in 5minute/10min/30min/60min/etc. with stash disabled to have a clean run.

Or change the victory condition and make it for killing certain quotas of mobs- like 100 rare mobs or 10 bosses. Players could optimize builds and routes for whatever the day/week challenge was.

Record speed for full clearing fetid pool would be good, could just be an extra prize on a 1-week league.

hmmmm, I think 10-30 min would lie too much on luck - someone with 10% movement speed in first boss would be kinda imba. more then 2h would be too long. 2h imo would be best.
"
Maybe there should be a 1 week non hardcore turbo league. It would allow people to try to learn more how turbo should be played rather than getting to a point trying something and if it fails game over. :/ I would kill brutus for like 2 hours straight to figure out wtf I am supposed to do. I do have an idea of something I will be trying in the next one but if it fails then I am out of ideas...

Long HC Turbo Leagues are more about planning how to get past normal and cruel the fastest way.
I got third and modified my common Tanksummon Templar build to overpower hard mapmobs to a Dualtotembuild(considering characters over level 68 I can tell you can 80% used 2 totems to overpower greater groups with DPS)

Considering Brutus, Traps, Sparks and Poison Arrow are the best choiced how low hp or ranged builds to fight him without being killed.

The next bigger problems are Fidelitas for meleecharacters and Vaal(you must keep moving if you can't take his hits since Vaal is really accurate on Turbo)

Once you get to maps you have to Deal with following:
Skip harder bosses such as Fidelitas(Small Room), Brutus(Equipment too weak), Steelpoint(The most Dangerous level 61 Boss by far) or take the risk.

A map mod that makes Turbo incredibly challenging are Frenzy charges(While the fleet mod isn't that hard the Frenzymod can become a nightmare especially if a Rare got the mods Moves/Attacks quickly and is heavily affected by it.

The difference between Brutus and Brutus 1 Frenzy charge was incredible on a dungeon map we did.

Also multiple Projectiles on Elemental damage maps might become quiet a Problem if your resists are below 40%.

Builds that I would recommend you not to take are following:
CI based builds--->Everybody I partied with that used CI died on Maps with a great Deal of elemental Damage.

Single Target attack builds->You can use those on bosses, on the last monster or if you got real good equipment. If you use single monster attacks the damage will overwhelm you.

Glasscannon builds-->Forget them you might kill faster as long monsters are crowding without reflect. Once you hit reflect you will most likely commit suicide.

Other common builds will have serious problems if they aren't modified into a more defensive or tankier way.
Also partyplay makes Turbo much easier.

The interesting thing on Turbo is that common builds will fail unless well equipped because they have to deal with problems they will never have in normal.

Besides 4 characters all level 67+ characters last 1 week Turbo race are rather uncommon builds.

If you got a plan like "Create an CI summon witch with 10k ES and Granites" you will most likely reach 5-6K es and die the first summon unfriendly map.

Hope those advices will help you next 3h/long term HC Turbo Race.

Brutus and Fidelitas actually weren't THAT bad for melee (again, mainly life 2h gs/hs/sweep marauder) with decent (not in any way spectacular) dps, if you keep your granites up and can kill them quickly, the biggest problem is simply desync/glitching.

Vaal, Necros and undead, rhoas and other big hitters, flicker strikers, vulnerability, chaos damage still hurt like a bitch. You get hit really hard and very often. Extra hasted and extra damage stuff, frenzied, etc was freaking insane, when it actually made a difference.

I would love to see more 1h races.
Due to life arrangement it is difficult to find 3h in a row.
1h would be much easier to accommodate.
Main IGN: TopCat

IGN2: PrincessGuinevere
IGN3: Indiana_Jones
Well 1h Race is only who gets to Coves first wins.
I think, to keep everything as fair as possible, that solo cutthroat should be done in a manner that discourages alliances or helping. I order to do that, every character should look exactly the same, gear should not effect appearance, gear should not be traded, chat should be global only, friends lists should be disabled, and everyones name should display as Juliet (or something equally stupid). That way it is all about being king of the hill instead of king of my little click that metagamed a win.
"
amindamok wrote:
I think, to keep everything as fair as possible, that solo cutthroat should be done in a manner that discourages alliances or helping. I order to do that, every character should look exactly the same, gear should not effect appearance, gear should not be traded, chat should be global only, friends lists should be disabled, and everyones name should display as Juliet (or something equally stupid). That way it is all about being king of the hill instead of king of my little click that metagamed a win.

LOL
Juliet!
Gimme cut throat pl0x.
Don't argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat your with experience.
Now it's almost a month ago since the last 1 Week Event, can someone from GGG share some light for the next events? 1 big event before the end of the year would be sweet.

Or are all longer events delayed now since u guys started to use some stress-bots?
Some People would probably rage if they lose their character to some Desync and DC's.
Last edited by Mr_Pablo on Dec 9, 2012, 1:33:17 PM
Yes please. One last longer event before OB would be great but I'd like to see it Solo.
Partying typically means that those with the largest pool of friends to leech from will do best while the Solo is a truer test of smarts and build.

Hell even a 3 day race would be good compromise.
OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info