Upcoming patches and race events

We've posted race events for December 1, December 2, December 8 and December 9. It's possible that we'll fit some more in during these events. I'm keen to try a solo cut-throat event to see how that plays out.

I have a question: To what extent does trade affect solo races? Previously it was impossible to interact with other players, but now it's possible to trade your off-class items to other people for things that help you.

Also, when/what do you want the next one-week hardcore race to be? How did the lethality of the turbo one compare to the normal ones?
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Just can't wait for act 3. Hope it is coming along well. Welcome back from wherever you were the past few days.
Trading makes solo races not solo. If player 1 runs X build without trading, and player 2 runs the exact same X build but trades efficiently with a network of other racers at key points (just before brutus, merveil, oversoul etc), player 2 is going to win the majority of the time due to gear superiority.

Trading should be disabled for solo races.

As for the next 1-week hardcore race... how about turbo solo? I dont think weve had a solo long term event yet, and turbo would make it that much more challenging.
IGN: KoTao
It may be crazy but..

One Week Turbo Hardcore Cut Throat Solo

or as I like to call it, Highlander Week.
Yessss Please let's have some more cut throat action.
"
KoTao wrote:
Trading makes solo races not solo. If player 1 runs X build without trading, and player 2 runs the exact same X build but trades efficiently with a network of other racers at key points (just before brutus, merveil, oversoul etc), player 2 is going to win the majority of the time due to gear superiority.

As for the next 1-week hardcore race... how about turbo solo? I dont think weve had a solo long term event yet, and turbo would make it that much more challenging.

I really dislike the idea of a solo week race. It's already expensive enough to craft gear and maps, not allowing trading (I'm assuming you'd want trading disabled as well) will mean the luckiest person wins.

I do like the idea of a 1 week cutthroat though. I think it would be incredibly stressful but fun. If it's in HC I'm assuming first person to 40 would win lol.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Trading should not be allowed in Solo races ... Solo is meant to be just that ... Solo.

As for the next race ... I too like the 1 week Solo cutthroat idea.
In our quest to conquer the world ... allies are just future enemies that don't realise it yet MAWHAHA !!!
Please disable trading for future solo races.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
KoTao wrote:

Agreed, it would really throw the race if abused.

The problem is with short solo races, you spend the first hour really struggling for currency, specifically the ID scrolls. If someone were to run new characters to town over and over for the 3 free ID scrolls, and do things like check the vendor over and over for movement speed boots, it would give a huge edge to then just trade it all over to someone at the 15-30 minute mark when gear is usually still really sparse.

Free gems are also a huge problem, obviously.

If there were ever a week-long solo event or something, then I think trading would be acceptable. But it would still probably throw the race.
IGN @dime
Last edited by dime on Nov 26, 2012, 1:10:10 AM
I rarely trade in races because I'm usually behind, however solo races I think should have trading disabled. Keeps to the challenge of going solo.
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info