Orcs must die 2

Ok so I have been playing this off and on. I like the challenge of endless mode and I have been trying to get 5 skulls (a perfect score) which requires beating 40 waves. Recently I figured out a solid build of skills on a certain level which got me to wave 40......here is my epic game story....

I have my build set up with archers taking out the flying monsters and everything else is being funneled down a hallway. I have a ton of wall arrow traps giving the group damage (arrows also coming from the ceiling) They are fully upgraded and also burn the mobs with the unique mod. The mobs are slowed in the hallway due to the sticky trap so here they get brutalized by the arrows and also me freezing them with my ice amulet and then switching to the gun or the hammer to finish them off. This strategy works great until I get a ton of really powerful creatures to deal with in the later levels. Once I have the money for it and everything else set up I put the shroom trap that converts monseters at the end of my tunnel of destruction. This way whatever creature hits them should be the biggest and most powerful since it survived the tunnel. Without the shrooms I would normally fail around wave 30. Anways I hit wave 40 and I was confident that I had a good chance to win. A huge mob of big creaturs hit my tunnel hard and I worked hard to finish them but a bunch got through so I worked in a frenzy to help my converted guys finish them off. A moutain troll and a big rock creature (forget the name) took off straight towards the exit, I knew if either one hit it that I would be finished. I tend to get flustered under pressure but worked hard to keep my cool because I wanted to complete my goal of wave 40. The two monsters were getting close to the exit so I racked my brain of ways to try to stop them. Usually with big guys I hit them with my ice amulet and then quickly switch to my hammer (the strongest melee weapon). This usually works well but the mountain troll is just too dang strong for the time I had. So I quickly had the idea to use the remaining coin I had on me to throw a shroom trap in front of one of the mosnters and then that distraction should buy me the time that I need to kill the other one. Unfortunately the rock guy was the closer monster so he is the one I hit with the trap. As soon as he was turned to my side the mountain troll destroyed him much quicker than I expected. I tried to kill him anyway but he was just too close. I let out a big sigh of disappointment but I think I still had a slight smirk on my face because that was a really epic game even if I lost. I did my best and I already have some more ideas to make my build a little better.

I don't think many people are going to read all of that but to whoever did, thanks for reading. :)

Edit: to anyone who might be curious I also use the mana vial that gives me more mana. This helps me deal ice damage at a good rate. The shrooms have the mod that resets them faster which is very helpful, my archers regenerate health which I like a lot it sux when they die and are out until a break between rounds (after wave 30 there are like NO breaks at all), My hammer stuns on its default attack, the gun knocks down big enemies, ice amulet gives extra damage on frozen enemies, I also used barricade to funnel them to where I was on the map, my barricade had the repair mod, I had to replace the barricades a lot since a few creatures would occasionally wreck them which can really end my game fast.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Dec 14, 2012, 6:14:37 AM
I have Orcs Must Die 1 and I love it

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”
--Herm Albright

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info