[1.0.X] [Marauder/Duelist] Facebreaker + BoR + Aegis Aurora | DPS & tank

"
Etko wrote:
Am i missing something?

you have maxed phys block which is 75, but you only have 26% block chance from tree, and aegis is 34, 34+26= 60% block ?

What helm is he using?
oh god :D feeling so dumb :D

Thanks.
Awesome build!
I made full respec on my 77lvl Duelist cleaver, followed the guide - the effect is amazing.
The bigger group of mobs just blows the screen with red - pure gore :)
Amazing kill speed and survivability.
I've done some 67-69 maps with no trouble. The chaos dealer mobs are usually low life and I kill them before they can realy do any damage - but it probably will be pain in endgame maps.
For the first time I had to check if it's reallly merc I am running around - almost godmode guys :)
My actual gear is:

I have to search for better rings btw

Hi!

Long time facebreaker, first time poster here.

I am running a similar build to yours. Same gear, but slightly different talent setup.

I had a bit of an idea the other day that I figured I should share.

I've been lucky to have a bit of resists on my rings already, so I was able to ditch Purity and for only 3 passive points (via the 15% resist nodes by the Marauder start) cap my resists without the aura running. With the removal of the bonus to the cap from the aura there is little real need to require it anymore. Minor success. Huzzah!

Step 2 of my brilliant plan was putting my CoDT on the shield, linked with just the Rank 5 Enfeeble and Enduring Cry. This freed up the RRRB of the boots, which I then socketed with Tempest Shield, Life Leech (although I am thinking Life Gain on Hit might be better), Reduced Mana and Iron Will. This freed up two points that were previously spent to help reach block cap. Minor success, again. Huzzah!

The end result of it all though is that I am still resist capped, and now all of those sweet, sweet blocks which already help sustain is via the Aegis Aurora also help leech a bunch of life, and further help beating the enemies into oblivion.

With a few more levels and an increased total HP pool to leech to I'm hoping to be able to try an AFK kill of Piety this way... Just because, why not?

In more serious terms though, this passive life leech is a nice bonus to incoming life, and can help sustain the general punching during a Half Regen or (in theory at least) No Regen map. Passively hitting resistance caps also makes Blood Magic maps less of a hassle. And by hanging onto the Purity gem and swapping out Determination for it when needed it also helps with Elemental Weakness maps. In theory at least. I've not had a chance to test it THAT much yet. :)

Cheers!
Last edited by Appleheart on Nov 17, 2013, 7:29:21 AM
Enduring cry and molten shell no more working with CWDT no ?
"
ShaIsGood wrote:
Enduring cry and molten shell no more working with CWDT no ?

They seem to work for me. However after 1.0.1 we need to link only low level spells to a low level CwDT.
"
Blindsight wrote:
I'm finding Molten Shell really underwhelming. I'll link my full gear below (level 79), and I'm just not getting any uptime with molten shell. High level CwDT takes a pile of damage to pop, then MS drops almost instantly from mitigated damage (iirc around 8k armour or so with auras up but no molten shell). I guess the damage is nice, but I'd rather have the +armour so I don't need to worry about Vaal/Kole smashes.

Has anyone experimented with a lower level CwDT/MS to try to get higher uptime of the armour buff? As it is, I'll probably keep using MS since I can't find anything better to use the sockets for, but it's not really adding much at all to the build imho.

Spoiler

edit: forgot some minor details.

And thanks for the guide! I'm wrecking everything I come across. I just need to be careful against chaos damage (only done up to 68 maps so far, though).

Hi! Glad you found guide useful :). I tried MS with lvl 1 CwDT, it's even worse, like blinking w/o any damage. High level MS might not be good as well but it's at least something. Other options are like summon skeletons, flame totem + blind, enduring cry + immortal call. But I did'n like them as well. That's why for now I'm using a high lvl MS. Can also try cold snap + elemental prolifiration for mass freezing, haven't tried it yet.

Good luck :).
"
HACHODYA wrote:
rainbow stride change color RRRB so hard.
i used 200chromatic orb lol guys howmany use orb changed?

Around 80 for me. It's pure luck :/. I remember I once got even a RRRR on rainbowstrides some time ago. I think I should've kept that roll and try to sell for more than a regular pair, but I didn't bother to.
"
Geoxide wrote:
Now I have BoR, Meginord, FB and Daresso Courage. This build is so nice without Aegis Aurora too :) I have 40 % spell block and 70 % block chance. The biggest problem is -60% chaos resistance :)

Ming's ring can be used for 60% chaos resist leaving you with just a single rare (ring) in the whole gear set :). And life + chaos resist nodes at the top for even more. But that last ring should be truly endgame (phys dps + resists + life + leech, all near-top rolls) :).
"
wenlock wrote:
Curious how this build fairs in a full party?

It is a good tank and has 3 auras, DPS could be better for endgame though. But hard to achieve without losing survivability or without insane [-ly expensive] gear (top end AR + ES gear, soultaker, CI spec).

I once planned to try a glass-cannon style frenzy duelist with much more dps and life leech tanking but don't have time for it as of now :).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info