[1.0.X] [Marauder/Duelist] Facebreaker + BoR + Aegis Aurora | DPS & tank

"
ImJoe wrote:
Nice guide! Thx for ur time mate.

Thanks for reading!

I guess it is a bit long but I wanted to save all my knowledge on this topic.

I am going to make a video as well to showcase this spec and its basic performance.
Video added: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl6nDN-RfUQ

Note that HP is at 100% even when AFK almost at any time.
Impressive,

The Energy Shield proc from Aegis Shield is too OP
Wow, i must say that the video is indeed impressive, i'll try to get that Aegis, since i got a legacy Rainbow boots... the Es regen seems nice :P

Would you try doing the same thing with the other shield Saffell and compare ?

Also may I ask why you don't take Unwavering Stance ?

And where your life leech comes from ??

Doesn't using Grace instead of Determination would gain you more armor ?
Last edited by Manu_333 on Nov 3, 2013, 9:47:02 PM
I just notced that I misplaced Cast when Damage Taken gems in the video, so did't have nearly as much procs from them as usual but whatever :).

Manu,

Saffel works well for casters and Lioneye's shield for everything else. Still not so tanky as with Aurora. I successfully facetanked Dominus phase 2 and Temple Piety with Saffel.

I don't take Unwavering because it is hardly possible to get stunned with over 4k life. And with this talent BoR blind support gem is useless. Blind is 75% miss chance for bosses, for example.

My life regen comes from 2% leech on ring and passive regen. Could also swap Melee Splash gem for Life Leech when needed. Or take bottom route from marauder to duelist and take 2% life leech talent (Blood Drinker). Or get a second ring with 2% leech.

Grace indeed gives more but I don't have enough dexterity to run max level Grace. Could try a non-maxed, it might be better as well. If someone in party has Grace and Discipline, then uber tank mode is enabled =).

EDIT: Note that with Lioneye's/Saffel combo I can equip a phys DPS + life amulet for 20k DPS and more life (1/3 more DPS than with Aurora). Such amulet can also have as much as 6% life leech on it.

Last edited by Redzor on Nov 4, 2013, 7:00:45 AM
"
hitreza wrote:
Impressive,

Well, what would you say about procs from new trigger gems? =)

Another video of mine. Empty skill bar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNGJk7Eyy0E
"
Redzor wrote:
"
hitreza wrote:
Impressive,

Well, what would you say about procs from new trigger gems? =)

Another video of mine. Empty skill bar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNGJk7Eyy0E

I think this Video shows how Immortal Aegis is.

The ES recovery of Aegis combined with CODT makes you IMMORTAL :)

Very nice Build, ty!
I haven't read all the comments yet, but wanted to post while I was thinking of it; if you need to swap for Warlord's Mark for a defensive curse, you can throw skeletons in for defensive. Even low level skeletons will absorb a single attack, and are better than nothing.

They're actually really good (even better than decoy, in some cases) against single target dps bosses like in the spider forest map.

Granted, you can only get level 10 skeletons for the same int req as Flammability, but it's a good use of the blue socket colour, and it's a good option if/when there's no splashing AoE damage.

Thanks for the guide! I just had a BoR drop in Domination, and was looking for a build that uses it effectively. I'm going to try it out, as soon as I have enough banked to get the other uniques.
IGN Domination: Blindsight_Marauder, Blindsight_MF
Good write up, thank you for the guide.

Making all kinds of gains.
Very impressive! I thinking about back to standard and buy some items for this build because on nemezis bor and aegis aurora are so expensive :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info