A question on Lightning Strike

I'm using lightning strike because it's the best of the melee elemental damage skills. Also because it's OP as hell. I'll enjoy my rampage as long as this hits the target twice.
came to check if it was supported by iron grip, find out its getting nerfed(fixed), not what i wanted to hear, was pumped i found a skill i liked that didnt make me use a mace.....

where is the aoe love for non mace users? cleave makes me sad
IGN- Brokensaint
"
Brokensaint7 wrote:
came to check if it was supported by iron grip, find out its getting nerfed(fixed), not what i wanted to hear, was pumped i found a skill i liked that didnt make me use a mace.....

where is the aoe love for non mace users? cleave makes me sad

it'll only affect the melee component of the skill. If you're planning on using it at range, which I presume you are because you're using it as aoe, it's not affected whatsoever. And yes iron grip will affect the projectile damage.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
In theory, would Iron Grip allow you to negate the projectile "debuff" that the LS projectiles receive? Or is it just a flat increase to the projectile damage after the initial strike?

If this is the case, would LS then be considered best used at range anyways? The whole reason LS tends to shine in melee is because of this double hit that is now being fixed. Which for as long as I can remember has been the case given the wording of the skill description.

Also, according to the wiki...
Converted Damage: Like all converted damage, the lightning portion of Lightning Strike's damage will be modified by both lightning damage and physical damage increases. Furthermore, the damage done by the lightning bolts is considered projectile damage (instead of melee), therefor any Strength bonus does not apply.

That last part is a bit confusing. Says any strength bonus DOES NOT apply.
Last edited by iBones on Jan 13, 2013, 4:11:37 AM
actually i have been using it primarily as a melee move, tried out chain+fork yesterday and that was super lackluster, so im back to just LS+fork with ele dmg melee dmg and rarity supports

i find it useful now because i can get a nice high dps on a main (usually elite) target while not getting overrun by the smaller guys

with the change the dps on the big guy will be down, and the projectiles i fear will not hit adjacent monsters due to them spawning behind the main target
IGN- Brokensaint

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info