GGG Please Help Me, Im Dying...

Dying in game that is... Due to extremely high amounts of lag spikes, desyncs and rubberbanding. For the past week I have been making posts about this, but this morning I almost lost my mind. It seems like every day it gets slightly more and more worse. How is it possible to play when you can't defend yourself, fight back or even see what is hitting you?

Is there really nothing that can be done about this? Yes I know that there is some work to be done with this and its on the list, but for myself and many others it is making the game just unplayable. I love this game, and above all other ARPG games I choose to play POE because I truly enjoy it and think it is a very amazing game. But all of that, all those good things, they get immediately destroyed when I suddenly go from full hp to 0 hp with nothing on the screen. And, look I am not one to whine, but this is not just every now and then, this is every single time I play and it happens about once every 5 to 10 minutes.

If anything, can't you at least remove the xp loss so I can continue to progress my character? Make an option so others can still have that choice, or perhaps open a new server where there are no xp losses... Or like I mentioned in another post maybe have a buff that gets applied when a player starts to lag that would hopefully prevent them from dying? There has to be something that can be done in the meantime while we wait for the actual fix... Because this is just getting to be too much! Not even D3 had this bad of desyncs.

And to everyone who will flame me and bitch at me for bringing this up... Why? What is the point? Are you happy with having the game lag all the time? I don't get it. It's obviously a problem, and a very serious one at that. This is absolutely ruining the game for me... Like I said I wouldn't even care so much about it if I didnt lose hours of gameplay when I died from lag, or if it was just every now and then, but its almost constant.

This morning I played for about an hour, I died I think 4 times in that hour each and everytime from lag. The first time was with a group of mobs that got around me, I darted out and got free, then I was suddenly teleported back into them as if I never actually got out and died... Ya annoying. Next time it was me and a zombie and I was at full hp he was at like 1 hit left, suddenly I drop to 0 and die and I could never get that last hit.. Then another one with a group of enemies who ported me back into them. And finally the last straw was me running to a portal when I suddenly just die with nothing on the screen. I just die... What the fuck??? And, the only way I could possibly progress would be to play very slowly and very defensively, which really isn't much fun. And even then its still difficult an because it just takes one enemy and a lag spike to kill you.

Anyways, look I could go on and on about this, but really over the past couple weeks it has just gotten much worse. Can't we please, PLEASE, do something???
$bestGameEver = new Game(POA);
$everyThingElse = new Array( D2, D3, TL2, DS3, GD, TQ );

for($time=0; $time<infinity+1, $time++){
░░░░$bestGameEver.own($everyThingElse);
}

$everyThingElse.lose();
Try posting a gameplay vid with the F1 display up to see what your latency is like and how the desync looks on your screen.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
yes I was thinking about doing this. I havent ever done a video of my gameplay before but I might give it a shot. However with f1, it will sometimes report the giant spikes, but also it sometimes doesnt show them, so I really have no idea. But usually my latency is at around 40, and then it just suddenly spikes up over a thousand. not for long, but in POE terms not long is an eternity.

}

$everyThingElse.lose();
Sounds like you need more hp / Es to me
IGN Suojata
I wouldn't bother with the vid, desync is a known issue and already well testified too on the forums. I don't think the vid will illicit a quicker response from GGG.....
If you have the time though...... might be interesting .....
For me as a bow ranger the brutus fight is continually plagued with desync, which seems to be more assosiated with his movement that his chain attack, i think client/server prediction has trouble keeping up with him. I find you have minimal to no desync if you can keep him still (eg partying with melee character).
I am sorry you are having so much trouble with desync....it really pisses me off as well. In fact it is still the singular reason i won't up grade my support pack:http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/43635
If you play HC come party with me sometime, might help your survival rate if i watch your back..... Current character 'PaulieAndThePantha'.
Bring me my bow of burning gold
Bring me my arrows of desire.....

If i am a troll who is no troll who then is the troll? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/53626 }:)

'I rise from the ashes of my own defeat, only to be smitten down again...'
- Some poor soul.
Last edited by Nemesis5858 on Nov 20, 2012, 5:42:20 PM
Nah, health helps with the like, but it isn't immunity... Ask Slurms, I died to Ghost Rhoa after we cleared a map. However, they do help a lot... I don't oneshot myself on reflects like ele rangers due to my ES, but it's still annoying when you don't see it. It applies similarly to lag spikes, though ES and prolonged desync/lag still spells death due to how it works.
thank god roboproctor is here again to inform the dev team that they should finish their game. Another stroke of pure genius. I mean, I'm sure that they aren't working on things like that. Good thing you whined again, it's helpful. Keep it up champ!
"
nebb1234 wrote:
thank god roboproctor is here again to inform the dev team that they should finish their game. Another stroke of pure genius. I mean, I'm sure that they aren't working on things like that. Good thing you whined again, it's helpful. Keep it up champ!

wow amazing post *claps* No really you did a great job there with that insightful, well written and oh might I add clever response *claps slowly* I mean seriously who would of ever thought of that besides, oh I don't know, a troll?

But back to reality, this post offers suggestions and ideas, if you didn't bother to read it. If you don't like the ideas, then that is great, but rather than troll me and act like you are the know it all of the forums, rather than continuously taunt and belittle others why don't you offer some suggestions of your own? I mean isn't this a game in beta where we report problems and discuss ideas for improvement? Or oh, I am sorry, no this is Nazi fucking Wraeclast where we just blindly smile and stroke the devs ego. Please dude, get over it.

Anyways, I am going to make a vid and post it on youtube so you guys can kind of see where some of the more frustrating issues are coming from. I played for about 45 minutes just now, died twice from desync and had a quite a bit more issues with lag. Anyways, I am really struggling with the shadow here since I got into merc where there isn't nearly as much room for error. My summoner didn't have these problems for obvious reasons, and before the last wipe neither did my other two characters (another summoner and a maur).

I'll update my main post when I'm done. And please, understand this isn't an attempt to bitch at the developers or try and stir up problems. I'm simply voicing my feedback about this problem. What is wrong with that? If a developer asks me to not discuss this, then by all means I will delete my post and keep it to myself. But if they are looking for feedback then maybe this will be helpful, I don't know... I'm just a player.

}

$everyThingElse.lose();
Last edited by robproctor83 on Nov 20, 2012, 7:48:16 PM
Woops... lol

}

$everyThingElse.lose();
Last edited by robproctor83 on Nov 20, 2012, 7:47:09 PM
Well over the days i have noticed several of your *New threads in regards to this same issue. I dont think making new threads over and over will do much, however i have to agree that it really pisses me off when i have sat at level 50 for 3 days because without fail, Desync (or whatever you wanna label it as) is a constant character killer.

Just my opinion and feelings.
GGG - Why you no?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info