[1.3]Cold Witch guide for beginners (Lvl 1 to Atziri)

"
Darius26 wrote:
hey, I got a question for you. I'm currently following your build and I have a decent 4 socket armor, but the kicker is they're all blue sockets. Now I've switched one to green through chromatic orbs, but upon further research I'll be damned if I continue to do that, seeing as how unlikely it is I'll get 3 green sockets on this one. What type of gear should I be looking for that would have 1 blue socket and 3 greens to accommodate this? Is it truly affordable to go down this route with freezing pulse? Do you have any supplements I can use well in the meantime until I can find armor that can accommodate this? Please let me know.

Best chest to get GGGB sockets is pure evasion or ES/evasion hybrid chest. If you don't want to give up your present chest, i suggest using some pure eva or ES/eva 4L in another place (boots, helmet or gloves).
Another option would be to drop cold penetration for a blue gem like increased critical or faster casting, although the latter has a risk of screwing up your mana pool.
Thanks for the great build and mainly the great and permanent follow up. The insights into the mechanism in the pros vs cons parts are extremely valuable to me in general, not only in case of this build.
Thanks for your help on this one, I'll try to find the pure evasion gear. I'm only lvl 27 for now anyway so I should have time to find that gear before things get too tough.
Thanks for your guide, mate!

It's my first attempt to play witch and i really like it! I'm 46 lvl already.

cheers!
After failing 3 witches ill try this build on the last days of ambush, i hope i can finally reach cruel without problems lol
Updated/changed the gem setup to include echo gem.
any suggestion to go for TEMPLAR tree first or SHADOW tree first, is there any pros and cons of going one of those first?
^^
"
vleex wrote:
any suggestion to go for TEMPLAR tree first or SHADOW tree first, is there any pros and cons of going one of those first?

After picking up Written In Blood i would first head to the templar tree as it offers more defensive nodes (life and ele resist) than the shadow side. Always better to first get your defenses/life pool up before upgrading the offense.
hi bada, one more question,
I looked at passive tree of both life based and CI, and I found that "add 8% cold damage" in witch and templar tree is not activated at the end of this build. Since it is cold-based build, why adding cold damage is not mandatory?
^^
Hi,I got a question. There is a DDoryani's Catalyst in my stash and I was curious if it would make a benefit for this build^^ Got to lvl a bit till 75 though
Oh Yeah,if its viable how about linking cold snap and CWDT to it?
Last edited by victory92 on Jul 13, 2014, 9:00:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info