[1.3]Cold Witch guide for beginners (Lvl 1 to Atziri)

"
nerkyos wrote:

For an additional 5% increased spell/ele damage you give up 15% cold resistance and 5% life/ES. I'ld rather pick the defensive stats.
BTW don't pass over elemental adaption.

EDIT:
I just discovered that in case one runs this build without power charges, dropping the power charges + elementalist in a life build and taking those shadow nodes would be the best choice.
Last edited by Bada_Bing on Mar 6, 2014, 4:19:21 AM
"
Bada_Bing wrote:

updated tree for 1.1 + some minor changes to guide.
Aside from the big damage boost, elemental adaption is now within reach.

@Bada_Bing
Sorry for the dumb question but did you post the updated tree somewhere? cant find it sorry.
"
partyb0y wrote:
"
Bada_Bing wrote:

updated tree for 1.1 + some minor changes to guide.
Aside from the big damage boost, elemental adaption is now within reach.

@Bada_Bing
Sorry for the dumb question but did you post the updated tree somewhere? cant find it sorry.

It's the trees on the first page. They are updated now.
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
"
nerkyos wrote:

For an additional 5% increased spell/ele damage you give up 15% cold resistance and 5% life/ES. I'ld rather pick the defensive stats.
BTW don't pass over elemental adaption.

EDIT:
I just discovered that in case one runs this build without power charges, dropping the power charges + elementalist in a life build and taking those shadow nodes would be the best choice.

Yeah make sense thanks
Im currently building similarly to this build (few changes here and there) and was wondering, how hard is to adapt it to fit arctic armor into this build?
"
wizis wrote:
Im currently building similarly to this build (few changes here and there) and was wondering, how hard is to adapt it to fit arctic armor into this build?

Should be no problem running AA while standing still. With 80% manareg from the tree even a mere lvl 10 clarity gives 23.94 mana/sec (44.3 with lvl 20). A lvl 20 AA consumes 38.4 mana/sec (standing). That leaves 14.46 mana/sec to be covered by the manareg of your manapool.
Of course you would also have to sustain your freezing pulse. A lvl 20 FP - cold pen. - life leech - LMP - faster proj. with a bit cast speed (0.53 sec casttime) would require 138 mana per second.
A 1000 manapool gives 31.5 mana/sec (with 80% increased manareg).
A hallow manaflask with 20% qual gives 883 mana over 7 sec = 126 mana/sec.
So you have 31.5 + 126 + 23.94 (44.3) = 181.44 (201.8) mana/sec to cover 38.4 + 138 = 176.4

The above is a conservative calculation as usually you also have some mana reg. on gear. Life builds also have the further possibilty to take eldritch battery for an extra boost to the mana pool/manareg.
Thank you! I think these comments can be merged into the main guide :)

In my opinion the most likely gear that supports are those with life mods (> 60) + 2 resist mods (with 50 in sum). They are likely to be farmed or purchased without only a few currencies :).

BTW: Do you have any idea about the flasks? e.g. what flask to use, the mods on the flasks :)

"
Bada_Bing wrote:
Aim for 4000+ life. The more the better.
Additional mods: Movement speed on boots. Useful offensive mods (aside from increased spell damage) would be faster projectiles (on the weapon). I wouldn't look for faster casting as this mod is pretty expensive. If you happen to get fc on a drop, fine. But don't spend huge amounts of currency on it. You can get the same dps increase for less currency if you only look for increased spell damage/increased critical stike chance for spells and maybe faster projectiles on a weapon.
Last edited by FreePeter on Mar 7, 2014, 8:01:23 PM
Updated the first page a bit -> arctic armour + gear.
Hi, I am in my first playthrough and I am following your guide.

I would like to know why you use two passive points in the passive skills "alacrity" and "agility" that give 30 dexterity each. The wiki says that the dexterity only increase the accuracy and evasion of the character, so it looks like useless for a witch.

And I would like to know if I should stop leveling the skills gems at some point because of the mana cost or I should go until lv20.
Last edited by APepper on Mar 8, 2014, 2:01:22 PM
"
APepper wrote:
Hi, I am in my first playthrough and I am following your guide.

I would like to know why you use two passive points in the passive skills "alacrity" and "agility" that give 30 dexterity each. The wiki says that the dexterity only increase the accuracy and evasion of the character, so it looks like useless for a witch.

And I would like to know if I should stop leveling the skills gems at some point because of the mana cost or I should go until lv20.

You need the Dexterity to level Dex based gems like Lesser Multiple Projectiles.
You level your gems to max. Exceptions: Clarity, which i would stop leveling at 10 because it reserves a lot of mana. You could level a second clarity gem in your backhand so you can switch between the two in case you need a higher mana reg rate at some point. The other exception is Cast when damage taken. Keep it at level 1 when combing with enduring cry and temoral chains or enfeeble. In that case the gems linked to CwDT have to be kept at level 5.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info