[1.2.0] Lightning arrow bow ranger (3 Auras/ life based/ max dps/ good survivability)

"
Dan1986 wrote:

Hey,

armour is important! You will suffere too much dmg, especially from ranged mobs. I would definitely take some armour/evasion nodes in any build.

You have to think about it that way. Good builds have at least around 4-8k+ Armour basic. This means before taking a granite. Very tanky builds have more life 20k+ armour. But without any nodes you cannot get close to these values. Most of your armour will come from a good evasion chest. These can have 2k++ evasion. If you got eg 100% increased evasion from passives, you would be at 4k evasion only from the chest. This is quite good and allows to stack dps uniques on other slots or obtain very high armour, if you like to play it safe.

Also you are taking life regen nodes, which won't work with vaal pact.

I see, thanks for the reply. Now I'm currently level 63 in Act 1 of Merciless and I was wondering how I should be progressing my build. This is currently what I'm at so far and I was thinking of working my way down to Deadly Draw next.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAdEEfhUgFfAZ1Rn-GtsbASP2JP0lPymlKk0s6TGeMgkzDDWSOlg-zz8nSn1KyE3jTipRR1b6Wkhbr2egapNsRm6qcmyHGYd2jX2NfqEioaSiQKZXp9Spbqp_qriv67QatfK2Qbe2vea-p8APxKLNmNJN1QDV7dqN3BXdDd7G4dviy-dU6mLuDu_w9Pj5Y_qx_MX-K_6P_sj_3g==

As far as my stats goes, I'm currently at 2887 HP, 1.8k Armour (29%) but I am running Grace at the moment and it goes up to 4.5k (50%), my resistances are ~50% and I'm working my way to get them up. I'm also sitting at 1.3k DPS for LA, 4.9k DPS with Frenzy (4 stacks) as well as 11.8% crit chance and 429% crit multipler.
Last edited by ryosan1989 on Nov 26, 2013, 2:45:10 PM
Yeah sounds pretty good to me for merciless a1. You can check the leveling section on page 1 if you need suggestions on how to progress.
http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
Hey all,

I am looking for a good LA build for my wife. It is her prefered char, but she stopped to play it because of cost of gear (Kaom's needed...what 100 ex ? no ty) and the nerf of aura.

So my questions here is:

Can we have a video of someone playing this build as mana based (sorry but the old blood magic trick can be found everywhere, the real interesting thing here is about high life nodes/defence nodes AND mana based).

Would like to know the cost around of this build to make it works ? 6L is greatly needed ? or can work with a 5L ?

For the lioneyes it is not such a problem, with the new LA bow ggg putted, lioneyes is really cheap. But what she will need after ?

-Bow: Lioneyes OK
-Quiver: I have a quiver in my stash with 70 life/30% WED/crit and crit multi/ resists and lightning damages. I think it can be enough
-Helm: Alpha owl maybe ? 4 ex around. Still doable for me
-Chest: 2k evasion 6L chest with life and all res is incredibly expensive. No way to make it different ? What will cost the less: 6L lioneyes or 6L high eva armor ?
-Gloves: No way for thunderfist.... nice name, actual price is kicking my ass (maybe maligaros virtuosity for crit/crit multi...around 1 ex, still doable)
-Boots: Absolutly no idea
-jewels: Will focus on resist, life and crit. I think i have some somewhere in my stash. The taming should be AMAZING for this build. But the price is more than i can pay !
-Belt: i will maybe be able to manage to find a 30% WED + life + resist (got 2 of them on around 10 piety's runs).

What do you think about that ? We really need an answer to think about building this char. My wife have enough to level up a toon, going to endgame with no gears, dying too much and then stop the game again ;)

Last idea: i saw somewhere a ranger using the frostwall trick with CWDT: Frostwall prevent him from lots of melee monsters, and help LA to chain lot more (like it will chain on....a wall...ok ok you all got it, sorry...).

What about it in this build ? More hits with chain= more mana leeched... or maybe there is a number of chain you can't go more...no idea

Thanks all for reading all of this, all help will be GREATLY appreciated...want to keep my wife on this game ;)
Last edited by Garvil on Nov 26, 2013, 5:40:44 PM
Hello Garvil,

I cannot make a video bec I don't have enough time to play atm. I will be able to play in the future. If someone else makes a video that's absolutely fine with me, I would even put it on page 1 if it's good enough ;)

You can just follow the guide and do what I suggested. If you got probs with mana, blood magic is still the best solution. It would not call it a trick but rather a game feature which is working much better than mana right now.

You stack a lot of health nodes >> you got a huge health pool >> you can easily spend some health for a highly linked ability bec vaal pact leeches it back very quickly.

Whereas with mana you don't lose any life, but your mana pool will be generally low as pointed out before, because you don't have much intelligence and you normally only get 4 mana per level on top of the starting base of 40.

Maybe it works with mana regen or soul siphon or both combined PLUS mana leech. But that is a lot of passives and stats on gear to invest, so you really have to think if it is worth it in the end.
Whereas if you use a blood magic gem, you can use all your mana to cast like 3-4 Auras, at least with Alpha's Howl and some reduced nodes.

Last edited by Dan1986 on Nov 27, 2013, 7:49:08 AM
in your first post you mention crit but make no more mention of it anywhere else in the build or gear! maybe just a typo?

also I'm running this build and am 67 atm but having a hard time finding bow upgrades. Otherwise when you do get a nice dps bow it's pretty smooth sailing with this build for levelling, or was at least!

edit; also not sure where the above poster got his idea of lionseye being cheap...currently 10.5 ex in domination right now for it so ...

I guess i'll link my gear and maybe you can suggest what I should upgrade next to help my damage the most ;D

Spoiler
Last edited by forthecake on Nov 27, 2013, 7:05:46 PM
"
forthecake wrote:
in your first post you mention crit but make no more mention of it anywhere else in the build or gear! maybe just a typo?

also I'm running this build and am 67 atm but having a hard time finding bow upgrades. Otherwise when you do get a nice dps bow it's pretty smooth sailing with this build for levelling, or was at least!

edit; also not sure where the above poster got his idea of lionseye being cheap...currently 10.5 ex in domination right now for it so ...

I guess i'll link my gear and maybe you can suggest what I should upgrade next to help my damage the most ;D

What do you mean not mentioning again? I don't know what to mention anymore about it :) You just stack crit (chance and multiplier), which is a great overall boost to dps, especially lategame. At the early levels flat dmg is better, because crit chance and dmg output are generally low.

Looking at your gear, I'd try to get a better bow. It's actually not that hard, you can even craft pretty good bows by yourself. If you got many alterations, you can try to get a high physical roll and later regal it. That makes a decent bow for very few costs. Or you can use the classical chaos spam - waste like 20 chaos to get decent rolls.
In the end there is a small chance you will get nothing out of crafting - but the investment wasn't too much then. And remember, it's just a game and it's about fun, so fuck it.
Another (imho much better) option is to trade. If you play public, you can easily trade good physical bows very cheap.

You could buy a lot of upgrades quite cheap I guess. Just look out for the stats I mentioned on page 1. Defensive gear w/ Evasion, res, life. A few pages before I also wrote more about jewellry and other gear.
Last edited by Dan1986 on Nov 27, 2013, 7:57:44 PM
Hello there!

I would like to know is this build is possible to do without unwavering stance? instead then go acrobatics etc. and maybe get the nodes that reduce stun in the beginning of dex.

Or if not is it possible to make a spec that focuses on vaal pact, acrobatics and ondar?

I am new to the game btw, i appreciate all feedback :)

Best regards
"
Dan1986 wrote:
"
forthecake wrote:

What do you mean not mentioning again? I don't know what to mention anymore about it :) You just stack crit (chance and multiplier), which is a great overall boost to dps, especially lategame. At the early levels flat dmg is better, because crit chance and dmg output are generally low.

Looking at your gear, I'd try to get a better bow. It's actually not that hard, you can even craft pretty good bows by yourself. If you got many alterations, you can try to get a high physical roll and later regal it. That makes a decent bow for very few costs. Or you can use the classical chaos spam - waste like 20 chaos to get decent rolls.
In the end there is a small chance you will get nothing out of crafting - but the investment wasn't too much then. And remember, it's just a game and it's about fun, so fuck it.
Another (imho much better) option is to trade. If you play public, you can easily trade good physical bows very cheap.

You could buy a lot of upgrades quite cheap I guess. Just look out for the stats I mentioned on page 1. Defensive gear w/ Evasion, res, life. A few pages before I also wrote more about jewellry and other gear.

Would you recommend evasion over armor on gear? As far as I can tell the conversion from evasion to armor is 1;1 so unless evasion naturally rolls higher on some gear isn't it better to just go with high armor?
"
Barnesofexile wrote:
Hello there!

I would like to know is this build is possible to do without unwavering stance? instead then go acrobatics etc. and maybe get the nodes that reduce stun in the beginning of dex.

Or if not is it possible to make a spec that focuses on vaal pact, acrobatics and ondar?

I am new to the game btw, i appreciate all feedback :)

Best regards

Yeah thats possible. If you don't like Unwavering stance, nothing much changes. Your defense will be just evasion instead of just armour.

"
forthecake wrote:

Would you recommend evasion over armor on gear? As far as I can tell the conversion from evasion to armor is 1;1 so unless evasion naturally rolls higher on some gear isn't it better to just go with high armor?

You are correct, if you have Iron Reflexes it doesn't matter what you get because both is equal; However, high evasion gear is easier to get/less expensive than high-end armour gear, and you probably have more dex than str, so you can wear it more easily. Also it reduces movement speed by less assuming you don't have leather and steel yet (its part of the passive tree of my build though).
But generally in terms of benefits, both is exactly worth the same. Use whatever you like and can get your hands on.
Last edited by Dan1986 on Nov 28, 2013, 7:17:40 PM
So Dan. If i use your spec without wavering stances - can i still do all the highlevel endgame maps solo? :) could you maybe look at this build and tell me if its possible to go with Vaal pact, acrobatics, ondar and MoM?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-fXX-urvjxKLcFafU_sihpOHbJP3nVNUAFfD5Y73mPs9RRzB8TZJv8jnUoJ9_KzH6dvfKqdaKd9d0QRR1Dq1DnBjbdPGFMiFgQKCeue9OKLUqODpYBH6HGY2_BbWxMIbOd9T5VtQj3ajGojBxS3g6Qgzypcs2PYhr44QOSKc0

if its viable _endgame_, and maybe where i need to put in the last points?

Btw so much love, i really need a good players help :)!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info