[1.2.0] Lightning arrow bow ranger (3 Auras/ life based/ max dps/ good survivability)

Its not 12.5% per shot, its per second. Thats the big missunderstanding.

I got an EA Marauder who went BM because he vaporises 400 mana per second on a 4l.

Still dunno about this build. well fuck it lets do the math.

level 20 Lightning costs 15mana
WED 150%
chain 200%
life leech 130%
faster attacks 115%
lmp 150%

= 100.9125 mana per shot.

aka hard manaproblems. Doubt that you will be below 300 mana per second.
I only see bm as an option as even my eldritch battery 1.5k mana archer could not sustain this.
And dont even speak about party play, frenzy charges and haste.
"
hassattack wrote:
I was thinking of trying this with RT, getting rid of the crit nodes and speccing into other nodes and using blood magic (just so I dont have to worry about mana)

LA would then be:
5L Lightning arrow / blood magic / lmp / life leech / weapon ele (chain 6l)

The damage may not be as good, but I want to test it out

Any feedback on the build?

Yeah this might work out well. You can use all your mana for Auras, eg Hatred + Wrath if you can afford 2 of them. There is a 5% reduced mana node right on your way, south of the tree. That + Alpha's Howl might be enough. Personally I am not a big fan of RT but that's really a preference thing. You always hit, so damage should be approximately equal if this game was balanced (but it's not) ;)

"
Genotron wrote:
Its not 12.5% per shot, its per second. Thats the big missunderstanding.

I got an EA Marauder who went BM because he vaporises 400 mana per second on a 4l.

Still dunno about this build. well fuck it lets do the math.

level 20 Lightning costs 15mana
WED 150%
chain 200%
life leech 130%
faster attacks 115%
lmp 150%

= 100.9125 mana per shot.

aka hard manaproblems. Doubt that you will be below 300 mana per second.
I only see bm as an option as even my eldritch battery 1.5k mana archer could not sustain this.
And dont even speak about party play, frenzy charges and haste.

Maths FOR SCIENCE! :)
Alright, per second if that's what it is. But forget about clarity or regen as a Ranger, this costs way too many points. Blood magic is the way to go if mana doesn't work. However I wanna hear it from someone first hand who has done some real testing. I mean if you can save 1 slot just by stacking mana leech on gear that would be always worth it.
Also I wanna add that Chain has such a crazy multi. 200 is just too high.
http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
Last edited by Dan1986 on Nov 21, 2013, 8:29:29 PM
I'm kinda following this guide but using a build posted on page 2(?)

At lvl 67 now, decided I have enough DPS to make the switch to chain. No fucking way my mana could handle that.. had to switch out WED for Blood Magic. Works great now :)
Last edited by SabreWolf on Nov 22, 2013, 6:43:07 PM
can this build be jsut as effective with ice shot?
"
SabreWolf wrote:
I'm kinda following this guide but using a build posted on page 2(?)

At lvl 67 now, decided I have enough DPS to make the switch to chain. No fucking way my mana could handle that.. had to switch out WED for Blood Magic. Works great now :)

Yeah a blood magic gem also works. Actually if you don't spec into the blood magic keystone on the tree you can use all your mana for auras. This might be stronger, although the gem has a particularly high mana cost multi. But then again with vaal pact you could probably maintain life easily to spam your skill..

"
abhorr wrote:
can this build be jsut as effective with ice shot?

Sure it does, but Lightning arrow is a little bit better because it converts 50% instead of 40% phys dmg. Also shock stacks are stronger than freezing. But generally it does work, same as Burning arrow.
Last edited by Dan1986 on Nov 23, 2013, 6:03:54 PM
I want to play ranger LA/Frenzy, with auras and Blood Magic gems, so which of your skill tree should i choose ?

i'm noob ,_, , thanks for help.

"
Khean wrote:
I want to play ranger LA/Frenzy, with auras and Blood Magic gems, so which of your skill tree should i choose ?

i'm noob ,_, , thanks for help.

If you wanna use a blood magic gem, you can use the 'final version' of the build. Main attack changes to
Lightning arrow, weapon ele dmg, chain, life leech, blood magic, lower multiple projectiles OR
Lightning arrow, weapon ele dmg, faster attacks, life leech, blood magic, lower multiple projectiles

If you wanna use the keystone bloodmagic instead (no auras but much less mana costs), you should use the blood magic version, more in the middle/below on page 1.
Last edited by Dan1986 on Nov 25, 2013, 3:34:05 PM
thank you again !

I think i will use the bloodmagic version, but i dont think i will reach endgame so i retire crit skills points.
What do you think about this build for Nemesis? Is having the Evasion nodes better than the extra health nodes?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAdEB5wR-BS0VIBXwGbQZ1Rn-GtsbASFgIXYj9iT9J9UotSmlKjgqTSyFLOkwfDGeMfoyCTJ-Mww1kjboOdQ6UjpYOuE-zz8nQKBKfUrITeNOKlFHVvpYr1oaWkhbr2BLZ6Bqk2wWbEZuqm_ycmx07XTxdvd4DXrvfyuD24cZh3aI8Y19jX6fy6CfoSKhpKJAplen1Kluqn-quKxZr-u18rZBt7a95r6nxFjEosqpzZjOcdUA3BXdDd7G4dvnVOdj6mLuDu9O7_DyRfT4-WP6sfxL_MX-Cv4r_o_-yP_e
"
ryosan1989 wrote:
What do you think about this build for Nemesis? Is having the Evasion nodes better than the extra health nodes?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAdEB5wR-BS0VIBXwGbQZ1Rn-GtsbASFgIXYj9iT9J9UotSmlKjgqTSyFLOkwfDGeMfoyCTJ-Mww1kjboOdQ6UjpYOuE-zz8nQKBKfUrITeNOKlFHVvpYr1oaWkhbr2BLZ6Bqk2wWbEZuqm_ycmx07XTxdvd4DXrvfyuD24cZh3aI8Y19jX6fy6CfoSKhpKJAplen1Kluqn-quKxZr-u18rZBt7a95r6nxFjEosqpzZjOcdUA3BXdDd7G4dvnVOdj6mLuDu9O7_DyRfT4-WP6sfxL_MX-Cv4r_o_-yP_e

Hey,

armour is important! Otherwise you will suffer too much dmg, especially from ranged mobs. I would definitely take some armour/evasion nodes in any build.

You have to think about it that way. Good builds have at least around 4-8k+ Armour basic. This means before taking a granite. Very tanky builds have more life 20k+ armour. But without any nodes you cannot get close to these values. Most of your armour will come from a good evasion chest. These can have 2k++ evasion. If you got eg 100% increased evasion from passives, you would be at 4k evasion only from the chest. This is quite good and allows to stack dps uniques on other slots or obtain very high armour, if you like to play it safe.

Also you are taking life regen nodes, which won't work with vaal pact.
Last edited by Dan1986 on Nov 26, 2013, 3:13:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info