Bored? Lazy? Like progress bars? Unable to play PoE at the moment? Play Godville!

Just a simple little game that's sort of like Progress Quest. You don't actually play, though there are things you can do to affect your Hero.

You create a hero and he/she does things. Usually they do stupid inane things that you wouldn't want them to do. Like wasting all their gold on drinking. It can be fun, and as the "game" has been around a loooong time it's fairly well fleshed out.

Perfect time-waster when bored and/or at work!

http://godvillegame.com/

Here's my hero:
Billy-bob Thornstab

http://godvillegame.com/gods/Sam%20Botwan

To show what they're doing, your hero writes things in his/her diary as they do stuff. The "main thing" you want is for your hero to obtain Gold Bricks that get put towards your Temple. You can directly affect your hero through the "Remote Control" where you can:

-Encourage (can heal your hero. Also counts towards making your hero Good)
-Punish (smite your hero or their enemy. Also counts towards making your hero Evil)
-Input the voice of god (Protip: Whatever you do, do not have the word "die" anywhere in there because heroes love to die). There's a few different things that work 1% of the time. Best to just fiddle around. But here's a list of command words that will have a 1% (it feels like 1% because half the time they ignore you XD) chance to do something:
http://wiki.godvillegame.com/Voice
-Send hero to the Arena (I really haven't bothered with this one)
-Challenge a friend

Here's some shenanigans from Billy-bob Thornstab's diary:

"My long lost tooth seems to have been reunited with me. It's a miracle!" (I healed him XD)

"With my head still spinning from a powerful blow, I accidentally used my second-aid kit on the monster. Judging by the shriek that followed, the Software Pirate usually heals in some other way."
Me-damn-it, Billy-bob Thornstab.

"Killed the American Dreamer. Acquired a gibberish translator and 18 coins."
XD

There's plenty of references to anything and everything as well... Right now my hero is fighting Doctor Why..............
"Jumped for joy on the body of the dead Doctor Why. To my surprise a finite loop and 36 coins popped out. Nice."
:O

"Paid a stranger 35 gold coins to dispel my aura of gullibility."
They are ridiculously gullible. I dunno how many thousands of gold coins my hero has wasted on pyramid schemes, outright con non-artists, etc. lol

Feel free to start it up! You can literally just do nothing at all if you want. If your hero dies, you can resurrect them or they'll come back to life themselves after 24 hours (and be pissed off at you). Also, add me as a friend if you want. There's not really a benefit beyond random encounters out in the wild or for huge boss battles, and a few references here and there of their exploits (usually in the form of drinking too much beer in THE CITY YOU DON'T WANT THEM TO GO DO BUT THEY WILL ANYWAY: Beerburg). Also, you can spar with friends to get ready for real duels in the arena or skirmishes with other heroes in the wild.

Hopefully no devs see this. Such an evil distraction! XD
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
Last edited by Sairven on Dec 3, 2012, 1:25:32 PM
Beardmaster should be alerted about this game at once.
"A communion...but with what? By all accounts, it wasn't God that the Vaal were trying to reach." -Icius Perandus
This sounds hilarious XD
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
"Omnipotent One, please send me a clue. According to everyone else, I don't have one."

So true, Billy-bob Thornstab. So fucking true.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
I dont get it. Im is god right?
www.facebook.com/Lowzzgotflagged
"
Lowzz wrote:
I dont get it. Im is god right?

Yeah, you're the hero's god.

When you start up, you "choose" a hero (create a name for the hero, gender, and I think that's it).

You pretty much just "watch" what the hero is currently doing/ what the hero does through their diary (tee hee) and Earthly News. Earthly News is what's currently happening while Hero's Diary is like an after-action report sorta thing.

I haven't done anything the last week except for rarely Encouraging (healing) my hero and he's doing fine.

Or you can be super into what they're doing.

There's also a Dig command that has a chance of giving your hero items/gold coins/gold bricks/or starting up a huge boss battle. There's a better chance of a boss battle happening if multiple people do it at the same time. The community usually issues dig commands on the top of the hour in order to facilitate boss battles. Whoever dug at the same time battles the boss and loot is distribute after the fight is over. If you die, you only get gold coins. If you survive... Glorious shinies! And Gold bricks.

Edit:
The hero will ignore you... often (usually if busy, depends on what's happening in the Earthly News column)
"Discovered an ancient scroll of wisdom. It said 'Dig.'. And it started my campfire very nicely."
Last edited by Sairven on Nov 14, 2012, 11:45:26 AM
05:10
Had a refreshing glass of water. Needless to say, my liver was surprised.

I laugh haha.

Im level 3, name is Pernas.

Gold 866 coins
Monsters Killed 19
Death Count 0

Im going good? haha

edit: How do I buy armor and weapons? :o
www.facebook.com/Lowzzgotflagged
Last edited by Lowzz on Nov 14, 2012, 12:18:59 PM
"The Millennium Bug is waiting for the hero's next attack animation to finish buffering..."

Nice game, thanks for sharing it :).
"
Lowzz wrote:
05:10edit: How do I buy armor and weapons? :o

You can try telling your hero to buy gear. It usually doesn't work.

Oh... and heroes are dumb. They'll rock negative stat gear for a loooong time.
My hero's feelings were hurt by a centipede, so he shouted at it until it died.

This game is awesome.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info