1.0.0e Patch Notes and Bandit Quest Respec

"
ampdecay wrote:
So basically re rolling a new character will still be the best way to respec. Ah the illusion of choice.

(My general opinion, not to you specifically ...)

It always has been the best way. Ive never had a problem with it. Kept my game choices meaningful.

I understand the "im 99th lvl and cant respec" complaint but a similar complaint can be made for anything by anyone, where does it stop?
SOTWGUILD.COM
respec is kinda ok, i get that lots of people might want that but be sure to make it kind of hard so it doesnt defeat the purpose of choosing.
personally i would like it better if it stays the way it is but im fine either way :)
Exiled for Eternity
"
Synner wrote:
"
ampdecay wrote:
So basically re rolling a new character will still be the best way to respec. Ah the illusion of choice.

(My general opinion, not to you specifically ...)

It always has been the best way. Ive never had a problem with it. Kept my game choices meaningful.

I understand the "im 99th lvl and cant respec" complaint but a similar complaint can be made for anything by anyone, where does it stop?

Oh I wasnt complaining I was being sarcastic, I make so many characters I've had to delete some to make new ones

Its always faster to re roll than try to get regret orbs and and use quest rewards
S L O W E R
love that POE was on HOME TV , go GGG
"
ampdecay wrote:
I make so many characters I've had to delete some to make new ones

Its always faster to re roll than try to get regret orbs and and use quest rewards

I've been thinking the exact same thing. I have 3 full accounts of characters. I play them all. One of the best things about this game is it's build diversity. I could keep making accounts but I decided that if I wanted a new char I would have to choose one to get rid of. 3 is a little much to keep up with as it is ;)

But yah if you know how to level you can get up to act 3 merc vry quickly. Not only is it faster to do it this way, rather than trying to acquire the wealth to respec, it is also WAY cheaper
Check out my Frozen Dagger build in the Shadow forums!!
Very, very nice!
oh dear. finally bandit respec. time to take that damn extra power charge. thanks!
"
Chris wrote:
We have also decided on a mechanic for the heavily requested ability to respec bandit quests

Chris, thank you very very much, I'm convinced no devs have ever payed so much attention to the community =)

Now, let's talk about several end-game events and minion stats... XD
"
MikeLemmer wrote:
"
Juggla1570 wrote:
"
dandan88 wrote:
Boo to bandits, don't give up on your morals GGG..... Hardcore not carebear.

The problem with all the statements like this is ... Those people who have level 100's and have been playing since OB started can't be considered non-Hardcore for wanting a respec on their bandits. Not only has the game itself changed drastically since then, but the bandit rewards themselves have changed quite a bit.

I couldn't understand if someone miclicked their quest (idk how you could but I know people that have done it) then cried they want a respec. But if you chose the correct thing 8 months ago and then they changed the rewards on you so now your original choice was sub-optimal ... well that's not your fault and you should be compensated.

Also, good to hear about the bug fixes. Some of those were a real pita!

What I find concerning is that people apparently equate Hardcore with "never ever tweak your character" rather than "take on difficult challenges". It's funny how people are ranting about Bandit respecs making the game "soft & carebear"... while not saying a peep about the actual nerfs (reduced Caliga Imperatrix damage, reduced Devourer numbers & damage) that make the game easier for everyone. This implies they don't want to make the game harder for everyone, they just want to make the game harder for people who don't have perfect builds or several dozen hours of free time to relevel characters.

Personally, I think the true Hardcore response should be "Bandit respec potions? Fine, fine... I'm more concerned about making the endgame more challenging, though."

I'll have to agree that the respec is actually inconsequential to the hardness of the game. If you suck you suck end of story. A good player can make a glass cannon and make it to merc without dying and a bad player can't make it with a Marauder life tank.

Imperatrix needed the nerf though, I had 1k of hp on normal and got insta killed by it from full hp with good gear. Devourers nerf means little to me though because they weren't hard, but they where the first thing I ran into on my new build that kept my hp between 60-75%.
Last edited by DarkHeart69 on Oct 31, 2013, 10:01:06 AM
"
We have also decided on a mechanic for the heavily requested ability to respec bandit quests (relatively difficult vendor recipes) and have a version on our testing server. I expect that this will be patched in as a feature of 1.0.1.

It's intentional that bandit quest respecs aren't super easy. I suspect the difficulty will be too high for a level 30 player, but pretty simple for someone who runs end-game content. This is similar to using a lot of Orbs of Regret to change a substantial part of your passive tree.

Please, make it a bit difficult for high level characters too! To help the bandits or not is an important decision in the game! Yes, I would love to have the option to respec these points like many others but no easy methods please!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info