Interesting video about the current financial system and problems

"
Raycheetah wrote:
WAKE UP SHEEPLE ='[.]'=

@OP
We don't need a video to tell us what to think. Get the facts yourself, analyze them and synthesize your own conclusions.

Are banks a scam? No. Can banks run scams? Yes. What's worse than the banking industry? The speculation industry. There was a reason investment banking was segregated from commercial banking for the better part of the 20th century.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Last edited by Veta321 on Nov 15, 2013, 9:02:07 AM
"
Veta321 wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
WAKE UP SHEEPLE ='[.]'=

@OP
We don't need a video to tell us what to think. Get the facts yourself, analyze them and synthesize your own conclusions.

Are banks a scam? No. Can banks run scams? Yes. What's worse than the banking industry? The speculation industry. There was a reason investment banking was segregated from commercial banking for the better part of the 20th century.

No, Raycheetah didn't write that.

The vid is not intended to tell you what to think. It is to provide information, with which you can then do what you choose, including reaching your own conclusions, should you see things differently than the one who made the vid.

Most people dun care to think or even know about all this. And that is why it is so easy for such an abusive system to evolve. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
cronk wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Most people dun care to think or even know about all this. And that is why it is so easy for such an abusive system to evolve. ='[.]'=

20 Alts for a Chaos?

An apt metaphor, akshually. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
Is this some Zeitgeist stuff?

Dunno if I feel like watching this.

The first vid (from the OP) is about as simplified an explanation as you will find of how central banks control and manipulate the currency supply, and why there is no solution to national debt under the current system. You might find it boring, but, if you want to know what those who pull the strings of power have been doing, then it's worth watching.

The second vid (which I posted) is a brief, simple analysis of the markets under the current US Federal Reserve regime of Quantitative Easing. Three different stock markets with almost identical patterns of movement can only be evidence of manipulation, which means that anyone investing in those markets is playing a rigged game, while a commodity (Silver) behaves atypically, with price and demand diverging radically, again, evidence of a strongly-manipulated market.

Watch and learn. Or don't, which is what the Powers That Be would prefer. ='[.]'=

Meh, nothing new in the first video then and theories in the second one.

It is easy to see something as global criminal influence on all markets if it could also be any confounding issue affecting all markets alike. The talk about the facts is nice but any conclusion beyond is out of our reach as layman.

Invested my time better in learning some math than watching those vids, thanks for the summary! :)
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Nov 15, 2013, 10:03:36 AM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
Is this some Zeitgeist stuff?

Dunno if I feel like watching this.

The first vid (from the OP) is about as simplified an explanation as you will find of how central banks control and manipulate the currency supply, and why there is no solution to national debt under the current system. You might find it boring, but, if you want to know what those who pull the strings of power have been doing, then it's worth watching.

The second vid (which I posted) is a brief, simple analysis of the markets under the current US Federal Reserve regime of Quantitative Easing. Three different stock markets with almost identical patterns of movement can only be evidence of manipulation, which means that anyone investing in those markets is playing a rigged game, while a commodity (Silver) behaves atypically, with price and demand diverging radically, again, evidence of a strongly-manipulated market.

Watch and learn. Or don't, which is what the Powers That Be would prefer. ='[.]'=

Meh, nothing new in the first video then and theories in the second one.

It is easy to see something as global criminal influence on all markets if it could also be any confounding issue affecting all markets alike. The talk about the facts is nice but any conclusion beyond is out of our reach as layman.

Invested my time better in learning some math than watching those vids, thanks for the summary! :)

If it's something you already know, then it's not for you. Other folks might not be so knowledgeable. It is to them that those videos are directed. ='[.]'=
"
No, Raycheetah didn't write that.

I was just teasing. =^[.]~=
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Last edited by Veta321 on Nov 15, 2013, 11:57:49 AM
"Gold standards suck." - Mike Maloney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHNZ2Dd7NfU

Also, I dun recall in the OP vid ANY recommendation that anyone actually buy Gold. Yes, Mr. Maloney does sell precious metals, which is why I recall being surprised that there was no sales pitch.

The simple issue being examined in that vid was that debt-based currency is FRAUD, and its issuance is not only unlawful (in the case of the US Constitution, at least, whose definition of lawful money has been ignored since FDR's time), but harmful to those who work and save their wages.

I see no problem with informing those who wish to know the nuts and bolts of the current system of how it is run. Yes, it is a complex issue, which is what makes that vid so useful,as it simplifies it to the point where it is understandable, but still detailed enough not to leave out too much information.

To object to it on the basis of "But he sells Gold!" is to straw-man the fundamentals being discussed. Unless you have some argument in favor of the current structure of Central Banking and all its consequences, I see no reason for any objections to the vid.

As for your laudably-detailed examination of other aspects of economic activity, that's fine, but extends far beyond what is being discussed in the vid. ='[.]'=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info