0.9.13d Patch Notes

"
Sairven wrote:
"
I would even settle for adding guidelines for the chest that would promise at least 10% qual items or better. "Or better" of course being higher qual items, magic, rare, uniques, and currency.

I would opt for no white items at all, but that is narrowing the field too much, and specific whites can actually be useful toward later progression.

Eh. Guaranteed good drops would mean "FARM THIS" to a lot of people.

And we don't want to do what ToG's developer constantly does: Go too far over or too far under trying to find a medium when all they had to do the whole time is... actually go for the lower middle.

It just needs a tiny adjustment. No need to crank the loot-meter up to 100.

Right now, it is at the way low low low mark (very close to the far under mark). Just needs the slightest of tweaks. Also have to take into consideration that there are magical enemies guarding the chest, whom our IIR and IIQ does, in fact, affect.

The other game and PoE loot are quite different. ToG's loot can be legally sold for real money thus managing drops and loot is very important.

Loot in PoE is used by the players to enhance the gaming experience.

Since games like these are all about loot and bettering your character, having an actual loot systems that rewards players is important. Otherwise you are polarizing the player base into two segments: ones that were lucky, and ones that were not, thus, obviously making one of the groups very very unhappy.
Gap is too large now, and has been almost always and that polarization is in effect already. It needs to be softened, gap needs to be smaller.

thats my opinion anyway. Take it as you will.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
have the same opinion as you, good gear is hard to get at the moment but that is what keeps me playing.
can't do maps though with any of my chars because i keep dying even in the easy ones due to my bad skills (and gear). everytime i got good gear a legacy migration occured and i don't play in old leagues so i hope for open beta and the new trading mechanism which will improve gear exchange alot i guess.
hope i still don't have to watch the global chat for items though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info