[1.0.6] 1H shield infernal blow marauder/duelist with video by boxsalesman ( Immortal build )

Any chance on a gear update? I saw you listed your gear a month ago would like to know what your using now as i've seen its different from your latest videos. Also any gem skill changes or nodes?
"
Synisse wrote:
"
Wooloff wrote:
Hey,

I've been using the build and it's been going well so far. I'm starting to struggle now and I'm only doing lvl 68-69 maps. I'm lvl 80 and my build is the same as your lvl 80 build.

This is my gear:
Spoiler

Could you give some advice please as to what I should replace next? I know my belt is bad but I don't think it would make that much difference? I've been saving for the shield and boots but thinking I might spend some on a better weapon first.

Thanks for any help.

I think your weapon is fine. Your hp must be quite low I think. I'm also running this build I never really had some big issues. Where are you struggling? As long as you dont have an aegis aurora id recommend to go for high armor on your shield, since it scales really nice.

If you ask me id say, upgrade your shield for higher armor, if you are not close to aegis. I'd definitly upgrade the belt, aswell as the boots. There is also the option, that you could try to get some intelligence on your gear, like you have it on your helmet, so you can level your enfeeble to a higher level for dangerous situations. The weapon, armor, vortex band, gloves, helmet and amulet are good right now.

Maybe you can leave some numbers in here like resists, if dps, hs dps(you should try to get a 4L for it, melee phys really skyrockets the dmg), hp and armor.

cya

edit: my gear if you want to compare it, since i dont run aegis aurora atm

Spoiler

Thanks for the reply.

My hp seems ok, 4.1k, armor is 5.5k and dps on IB is 6.3k
I'd only just started using enfeeble and ele weakness when I posted before and have since added a few levels to them. jigged around a couple of nodes and leveled up once more. managed to gain an extra 8% block which seems to have helped no end. Happily doing level 69 maps now. Still need some better gear but I think I'll keep saving up for the shield and boots at the moment.
IGN: Dethark
Anyone around here with a 6 linked infernal blow who can tell me how much dps you get out ?

Im currenty at 7k dps on infernal blow 5l and this dps just sucks. Need ages to kill dominus.

Im really fed up with this low 7k dps. sure i have good survivability and im happy about that but my clearing speed is just .... snailish

This is my current gear.
Spoiler

I really start thinking about respeccing this build to a Facebreaker + BoR + Aegis Mara. Buying a 6L-Chest is impossible since there are only idiotic prices for such items in poe.

Tried to 5l/6l a decent chest but im not lucky. used tons of fuses on it. this game can really be frustrating ;-P
"
dan166 wrote:
Anyone around here with a 6 linked infernal blow who can tell me how much dps you get out ?

Im currenty at 7k dps on infernal blow 5l and this dps just sucks. Need ages to kill dominus.

Im really fed up with this low 7k dps. sure i have good survivability and im happy about that but my clearing speed is just .... snailish

This is my current gear.
Spoiler

I really start thinking about respeccing this build to a Facebreaker + BoR + Aegis Mara. Buying a 6L-Chest is impossible since there are only idiotic prices for such items in poe.

Tried to 5l/6l a decent chest but im not lucky. used tons of fuses on it. this game can really be frustrating ;-P

This is a mapping build , pretty bad for farming piety/dominus , but amazing in maps, as you're one of the few builds that can just aoe everything without having to care about the map mods much.
IGN : boxxboxx ( Domination )
http://www.youtube.com/user/Boxsalesman?feature=mhee

hey magier --- first off nice build. I'm really enjoying playing. Right now my dps is sitting at 6.8k fully buffed and doing ok in maps up to 70. I was wondering do you use any aura's? I'm using clarity and hatred ATM. Just wondering where to go from here. Is 7k dps good for end all on IB? Partying seems a little tough...just not enough dps maybe I dont know.

Here is my current gear and was asking what should be my next purchase. The shield and 6L is waaaaay off since I barely have 1ex in currency right now. Thanks and gl !!

Spoiler

"
magier556 wrote:
"
dan166 wrote:

This is my current gear.
Spoiler

This is a mapping build , pretty bad for farming piety/dominus , but amazing in maps, as you're one of the few builds that can just aoe everything without having to care about the map mods much.

Hey thanks for your Answer. Im aware of the fact that this build isnt supposed to be a dps focused build, especially for single target dps. Still i saw another very tanky infernal blow build reaching 15 - 18 k dps with infernal blow.

I really would like to stick to your build because its a great build imo and i just want to know know which range of dps is possible with this build when having a 6 linked infernal blow skill and maybe a badass 1h weapon. So maybe someone with a 6l chest can tell us ? Please :-)
"
dan166 wrote:

What magier said. You can't have it all :D Also, 20% quality on your IB, splash, multistrike, physical damage... would help.
IGN: Heamer
"
dan166 wrote:
"
magier556 wrote:
"
dan166 wrote:

This is my current gear.
Spoiler

Hey thanks for your Answer. Im aware of the fact that this build isnt supposed to be a dps focused build, especially for single target dps. Still i saw another very tanky infernal blow build reaching 15 - 18 k dps with infernal blow.

I really would like to stick to your build because its a great build imo and i just want to know know which range of dps is possible with this build when having a 6 linked infernal blow skill and maybe a badass 1h weapon. So maybe someone with a 6l chest can tell us ? Please :-)

I know what build you're talking about and that one is on standard , using legacy soul taker and using gear worth over 100+ exalts.

I've done up to 76 maps now with 7.3k dps and it's really still amazingly fast when playing solo , maybe your problem is that you party too much? I felt the build really shines in solo play, I often just pull a mob pack to the boss and get the boss to half health with it. I've even accidentely one shot the unique by doing this ;)
IGN : boxxboxx ( Domination )
http://www.youtube.com/user/Boxsalesman?feature=mhee

Do you still think heavy strike + multistrike is the best setup for single target dps? I ended up going heavy with faster attacks instead despite dropping from 13.8k to 13.1k. It seems to do more damage because you don't miss due to knockbacks.

Even considering ditching heavy all together and going glacial or a ~lvl 14 double strike instead to be more party friendly.
Last edited by Opec on Dec 10, 2013, 10:02:01 AM
What flasks are people out there using with this build?

Also, does the speeds of the weapon matter? Or is it just a case of the higher dps the better as long as it's physical?
IGN: Dethark
Last edited by Wooloff on Dec 10, 2013, 5:18:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info