[1.0.0] Offensive Marauder Groundslammer 40k+ AOE DPS 50k+ SINGLE DPS 4k+HP[With Video]

My other guides:

Hello!

I am here to present my very offensive Groundslam marauder build, which is very similair and based on NinjaArabStrategist's 1.0.0 [Newbie Friendly] MARAUDER MELEE BUILD v5.1

--> http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73072/page/1 <---

Why am I posting this since there is already a similair build to this?

*This build is not as tanky as NinjaArabStrategist's and I am speccing alot more damage nodes than him

*People have requested to post my build on the forum, to see what it's like

*This build depends more on gear than NinjaArabStrategist's and is therefor not for newplayers. I did start to play NinjaArabStrategist's build but did respecc and changed my gear for more dps

Current (lvl81) build

End game plan(~90)

Leveling guide
This build requires not that you have to pick the nodes I specc in this specific order, if you feel you need to get things in a different order, do it.

Skills
Spoiler
Groundslam
Spoiler

2L-

3L-

4L-

5L-

6L-

Heavy Strike
Spoiler

2L-

3L-

4L-

5L-

6L-

Defence
Spoiler
Armour
Spoiler

Auras
Spoiler

Bandit reward

Normal- Help Oak for +40 to maximum life, which will result in much higher with our %life nodes in tree.

Cruel- Help Oak for 18% more physical damage. Was first thinking of helpingKaitlyn for % attackspeed, but did benefit more from % physical damage

Merciless- Kill All of them for 1 extra skillpoints, since we need neither charges. NinjaArabStrategist chose to help Oak for 1 maximum endurance charge, though this is an offensive build than defensive so 1 more skillpoint for 1 more %physical daamge node from tree will fit just fine.

Weapon
Spoiler
"We use 2-HANDED MACES. They are simply best in terms of dps.
No, you CAN'T use axes or swords. Well, you can, but then – you will be far, far worse.
Also 1h+shield makes no sense. We will lack too much damage and damage paradoxically adds some defense via life leech.

What mods should we look for?
1. % Increased Physical Damage
2. +x-y Increased Physical Damage
3. % Attack Speed
No other mod makes difference for us.

Simply:
1. Look at written damage range
2. Take average of it
3. Multiply it by “hit per second”
4. Compare those values, and choose mace with highest one.

PR0TIP: DO NOT care about added fire/cold/lightning damage at your weapon. Ignore it!

PR0TIP: Let’s assume I have two maces:
1st one deals 150 damage and hits 2 times in second.
2nd one deals 200 damage and hits 1.5 times in a second.
Both of them deals the same 300 damage per second. Which one is better? Or are they equal?

Surprisingly second one is better -> it deals more damage per hit, means more critter’s armor is penetrated resulting in higher overall damage." - NinjaArabStrategist Original thread

Gear
Spoiler
Equipment
Firstly we need one four-linked item (later five-linked one), so we can put gems there. This can be any piece of equipment (expect weapon), can be white, without any modificators.

» Helmet –life
» Chest –life
» Boots –movement speed, resist and life
» Gloves –life, increased attack speed, added x-x physical damage
» Rings –resistance, increased attack speed, added x-x physical damage(Lifeleech)
» Amulet –resistance, increased attack speed, added x-x physical damage(Lifeleech)

My gear
Spoiler
This if what I am trying to craft at the moment, as an upgrade for my Mind Spiral

Explanation why I chose just this gear
Spoiler

Devoto's Devotion Chose this because we get alot of armour from this, which is needed because we have hardly specced any armour node at all. Used abyssus before, which gave a bit more dps than this though the drawback on it wasnt very good for a lowarmour build like this

Carcass Jack For the obvious reason, we get life, all resist and a fair amount of evasionrating(Armour because of the passive node iron reflexes) What makes this armour piece so good though is that it gives our groundslam a bigger radius and more area damage.

Marohi Erqi Hugh damage boost and additionally increased Area of Effect.

Belt 2 High resists, high life and armour.

Carnage Heart Boost attributes alot which helps us from wasting any unnecessary skill point in the tree. Also gives a high amount of lifeleech and all resistance

Rings They both have added x-x physical damage and resist, which is what we want on them. I also chose to get life, increased attack speed and mana leech. The mana leech is very nice to have when you're for an example playing end game maps with no/half mana/life regen mod,

Gloves Got increased attack speed, added x-x physical damage and resist. The only thing missing is life

Boots Got life, high movement speed and resist. Will craft these later for 3x resist(dont need it really though since all my resist are maxed or very closed to be maxed). Also have very high armour.

Pictures of my stats
Spoiler
Offensive
Spoiler
Groundslam (with hatred active)

(Fully buffed)

Spoiler
Heavy strike (with Hatred active)

Defensive
Spoiler
Defence (without endurance charges, molten shell and granite flask)

Spoiler
Defence (with endurance charges, molten shell and granite flask)

Headhunter op collection

Videos

Conclussion
Spoiler
This is a very high damage build with a fair ammount of life and armour, and I dont really think more is required for end game maps. It's a pretty gear dependent build, and I would not reccomend this build if you cant achieve 2500HP or more and 70%+ all elemental resists. The negative chaos resist isnt something that I am affected by, mainly because of high life leech and vaal pact. Can also, with vaal pact, survive any phycial refelct map, but the drawback is you should avoid chaos over time mods, since you cant reg the hp, only leech from enemies which will make you play very offensive.

Thanks to NinjaArabStrategist which allowed me to use his base guide to creat this, and copy some of his content into mine. Again, check his guide out here, which is the base of mine and is the one I started with
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Last edited by Tommie_Sjukskriven on Jan 4, 2014, 1:44:37 PM
Really good guide, will definetely try this one out in the future :)
nice guide!
Thanks for the feedback guys, took quite some time to make this guide

"
jakab_ wrote:

See we took different paths around templar's start. I chose to take the 4 armour nodes so I alteast have some armour, 0 is not something I would reccomend. We also split up around the shadow's start and you've specced 2 nodes with life reg(one up in the templar's start). I chose to go vaal pact to be able to run any physical reflect maps, since I used to not have vaal pact, but after the 1.0.0 patch it was easier accessiable and now I dont have to 1shot myself against physical reflect mobs

Cheers!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
I think those armour/ES nodes are really weak for you since you have barely any ES. There are much better armour nodes including the new mace damage/armour ones, the ones at the beginning of the Marauder tree, or the 24% node south of the Scion start.

Is reflect that big of an issue for you? I used to play a 30k DPS phys cleaver and with 5k armour and a couple Endurance Charges, phys reflect did nothing to me. Of course, that was attacking several times per second with smaller hits, as opposed to the slower but high damage hits you're doing with Marohi. Personally, I think life regen and flasks are great defensively, however if you're happy with using VP, stick with it.

Good luck!
"
jakab_ wrote:
I think those armour/ES nodes are really weak for you since you have barely any ES. There are much better armour nodes including the new mace damage/armour ones, the ones at the beginning of the Marauder tree, or the 24% node south of the Scion start.

Is reflect that big of an issue for you? I used to play a 30k DPS phys cleaver and with 5k armour and a couple Endurance Charges, phys reflect did nothing to me. Of course, that was attacking several times per second with smaller hits, as opposed to the slower but high damage hits you're doing with Marohi. Personally, I think life regen and flasks are great defensively, however if you're happy with using VP, stick with it.

Good luck!

Got .23 attacks per second with erqi and 26k dps and hitting a hugh area at the same time, which makes me 1shotting myself. Will look over if I can find any better armour nodes
-updated-
First video added
What do you suggest for flasks?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info