[1.0.4]Scion - Incinerate Tank - Mind over Matter, EB, almost Max Block | Facetank a lot of stuff

What's your favorite amulet for this build? Stone or Anvil?

"
SpaceJanitor wrote:
Ancalagon is totally 100% wrong. This build is very, very tanky. Much more so than my marauder with 6.5k life. I think he must have never made a build with high block or AA/MoM if he's discounting their utility.
Ive played up to 78 maps and this build is a beast. There's a lot more to being "tanky" than having high life and armor, and this build is a great example of alternative defensive techniques working well together.

I run a variant of the build that has 3.6k tooltip dps on incinerate with GMP. It melts everything. It is also INSANE FOR PVP!

I just made a guide for it if anyone feels like checking it out:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/766094/page/1/#p6659617

Thanks to the OP of this thread for getting me started with some great ideas.

Also whoever else is running tempest shield with ele prolif and shock - I agree, it is awesome! Packs of ranged monsters are shock stacked way before you even get to them!

talking about incinerate being insane for pvp? i instantly dismissed you, you must be playing against irl zombies
Ancalagon if you are in Domination and would like to see what I'm talking about in PVP I'd love to show you.

IGN: Space_inferno

I've fought 100+ pvp matches at high lvl and only lose to Poison arrow and Explosive arrow. RF can be hard but is manageable.

Let me know if you want to duel.
"
SpaceJanitor wrote:
Ancalagon if you are in Domination and would like to see what I'm talking about in PVP I'd love to show you.

IGN: Space_inferno

I've fought 100+ pvp matches at high lvl and only lose to Poison arrow and Explosive arrow. RF can be hard but is manageable.

Let me know if you want to duel.

Standard, inactive.

Domination .... see thats what im talking about. There has to be nothing but shit players there, if not even one of them is a block / acro build. Phase acro is rly popular in pvp. That and spell block alone renders incinerate useless. Incinerate = standing still = bane of pvp. Good players also micromanage a lot, so they can stack fire res, and use flasks and auras well. Even with fire pen, pvp penalty and no crit nature of incinerate and standing still and block / phase acro = shit incinerate.

Wtf are domination pvpers smoking man?

Ive played up to 78 maps and this build is a beast. There's a lot more to being "tanky" than having high life and armor, and this build is a great example of alternative defensive techniques working well together. --> lol'd at beast, lol'd at calling anything with low hp tanky. Spike damage / non blockable stuff / hard map combos >>>>
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Jan 22, 2014, 7:40:36 PM
Wow adding Shock has greatly increased my DPS. Thanks for sharing that.
Ancalagon - I don't really understand where you're coming from with your criticism of this build. You obviously have not played it. I don't know why you're spending your time bashing a build that a lot of players are having great success with. More importantly, people are having fun with this build. And thats really what it's all about.

I think you're getting way too hung up on "tanky". The build does just fine in all maps and vs all bosses. I don't know what other metric there is for judging whether or not a build has good survivability. If you are so set up on "tanky" applying to only characters with 6.5k+ life then thats fine, let's just suffice to say this build has "good survivability" - but I would say that handling 78 maps no problem certainly counts as "tanky" but at this point it's just mincing words.

And as far as PVP - you're probably right that domination players are not as set for PvP as standard. Perhaps I've just been lucky in my matchups, but out of 100+ I've only lost like 3. Will be interesting to see how I fare once leagues merge.

Really though I don't understand where all your negativity is coming from. The general forum might be a better place for you if you want to bash players or their builds. The class forums in my experience are full of people with constructive criticism trying to help each other out. You are obviously a better and more experienced player than most on this forum, why don't you make a guide yourself and help the community rather than just talk shit about other builds?
"
SpaceJanitor wrote:
Ancalagon - I don't really understand where you're coming from with your criticism of this build. You obviously have not played it. I don't know why you're spending your time bashing a build that a lot of players are having great success with. More importantly, people are having fun with this build. And thats really what it's all about.

I think you're getting way too hung up on "tanky". The build does just fine in all maps and vs all bosses. I don't know what other metric there is for judging whether or not a build has good survivability. If you are so set up on "tanky" applying to only characters with 6.5k+ life then thats fine, let's just suffice to say this build has "good survivability" - but I would say that handling 78 maps no problem certainly counts as "tanky" but at this point it's just mincing words.

And as far as PVP - you're probably right that domination players are not as set for PvP as standard. Perhaps I've just been lucky in my matchups, but out of 100+ I've only lost like 3. Will be interesting to see how I fare once leagues merge.

Really though I don't understand where all your negativity is coming from. The general forum might be a better place for you if you want to bash players or their builds. The class forums in my experience are full of people with constructive criticism trying to help each other out. You are obviously a better and more experienced player than most on this forum, why don't you make a guide yourself and help the community rather than just talk shit about other builds?

I aint hung up on the word tanky. I just saw the title, skimmed over gear and tree, and knew for a fact title is misleading and plain wrong.

You saying it does 78 maps no problem means nothing. I dont know what mods you running, if you are skipping certain bosses, or if you are group exping and standing back doing nothing most of the time.

"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

I aint hung up on the word tanky. I just saw the title, skimmed over gear and tree, and knew for a fact title is misleading and plain wrong.

You saying it does 78 maps no problem means nothing. I dont know what mods you running, if you are skipping certain bosses, or if you are group exping and standing back doing nothing most of the time.

You are probably hung up on the DPS and life. On paper it looks bad, but this build is like the Demon Hunter tank in Diablo 3. It's all about defensive procs. I know this might be hard to trust in for all the "omfg critcritcrit" people.
"
_StoneWall_ wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

You are probably hung up on the DPS and life. On paper it looks bad, but this build is like the Demon Hunter tank in Diablo 3. It's all about defensive procs. I know this might be hard to trust in for all the "omfg critcritcrit" people.

paper and practice, its bad

"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
_StoneWall_ wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

paper and practice, its bad

Go away, troll. That's not feedback, it's just whining like a brat.

If you feel you can do it better, do so and enlighten people. If not, get out.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info