[1.0.4]Scion - Incinerate Tank - Mind over Matter, EB, almost Max Block | Facetank a lot of stuff

"
quintaldo wrote:
enjoy your nerf
this tanking is obviously overpowered
if you hadn't boasted about your build on the official forum, it might not have come that early to the dev's awareness

Plz can you stop talking about up/nerf ? In each game, there is always someone to cry about how badly or overpowered someone is...

You want to see this build nerfed ? Ok the tanking is great, but about the dps...

Hope you don't play flickerstrike shadow crit. A bit overpowered too now if i follow your logic ? 4-5 secondes to kill piety or dominius... The best defence is attack...

This build is really good for someone who like to tank. But if you speack about dps, much build outdps this one.

Anyway, thanks to OP who take time to shared this to all of us :) Great work
"
How would this build work without the uniques? I'd like to build this on Domination.

I have tried removing the uniques and your are definitely really tanky with just block chance and Mind over Matter, you might need some more health earlier depending on how tanky your character feels. I would probably skip on some cast speed if i needed more health.

Claw, Shield, Amulet, Chest is probably the order i would get the uniques in.
"
Garvil wrote:
"
quintaldo wrote:
enjoy your nerf
if you hadn't boasted about your build on the official forum, it might not have come that early to the dev's awareness

Plz can you stop talking about up/nerf ? In each game, there is always someone to cry about how badly or overpowered someone is...

You want to see this build nerfed ? Ok the tanking is great, but about the dps...

Hope you don't play flickerstrike shadow crit. A bit overpowered too now if i follow your logic ? 4-5 secondes to kill piety or dominius... The best defence is attack...

This build is really good for someone who like to tank. But if you speack about dps, much build outdps this one.

you seem to have misunderstood me
i'm not asking for this build to be nerfed, i'm warning OP that revealing this apparently overpowered build on this official forum is "asking" for it to get nerfed.
i'd love to see overpowered builds remaining under the radar, to me it only makes sense to nerf them when they are not only overpowered, but also overused.
But apparently 1.0.0 brought in a slew of OP spell combos.

Last edited by quintaldo on Oct 28, 2013, 1:34:42 PM
"
quintaldo wrote:
"
Garvil wrote:
"
quintaldo wrote:
enjoy your nerf

you seem to have misunderstood me
i'm not asking for this build to be nerfed, i'm warning OP that revealing this apparently overpowered build on this official forum is "asking" for it to get nerfed.
i'd love to see overpowered builds remaining under the radar, to me it only makes sense to nerf them when they are not only overpowered, but also overused.
But apparently 1.0.0 brought in a slew of OP spell combos.

I dont really mind myself if stuff gets nerfed since it means the devs have looked into it and realized it needs to be. But the main weakness of the build in pve is the damage and its really only the devs who can decide what balance between damage and survivability makes something overpowered.
"
Obscurin wrote:
I'm also running a highly similar build to yours [EB + MoM + AA]. And it's doing just fine as well. I never tried to tank Vaal Smash though, but my scion can survive 2 Kole Smash. I killed Piety but haven't finish with Dominus. At 2.1k hp currently, but using MF gear.

Though, I did not spec much into blocking. Maybe I should? If you're interested in knowing what I use I can link them.

And this is on Domination, so pretty much made from scratch. :D
So yes, you can make it on Nemesis.

The only weakness I got is to bleeds due to having pretty much 0 armour.

Blocking is overall really good against attacks so it wouldn't hurt to get some block chance but your probably going to have to trade damage or health for the block chance nodes.
It all really just comes down to personal preferences if you character is already doing good.

I would love to see how similar builds are doing in the new leagues.
Right now I'm just Lv68 and probably could clear Dominus with some deaths. [Damn you blood rain and bleed! *shakes fist*]

My skill tree right now

Planned build Leftover of 7 points, took the same bandit rewards as you did. Life, Cast Speed, Skill Point. I'm thinking of going Low Life and grabbing Pain Attunement for more damage.

Gear

Somewhat of a mismatch and she's currently wearing MF gear. [At 194% IIR]

It's abit slow till I hit Cruel and I decided to buy Cloak of Flame for Merciless.
Pretty much cheap to build. All of them were found or crafted with the exception of the Cloak. [But I did find another cloak with higher iLvl! Trying to 6S it currently.]
Last edited by Obscurin on Oct 28, 2013, 2:42:40 PM
I'm in Domination and just got one of these, and going for an incinerate tank.

I are pretty excited, but I'm not sure on the numbers to sustain Incinerate.

any advice on how to progress from this point onward?

Cybilite Lvl 22
There is grief in wisdom, there is sorrow in truth
Yet, the heart of the wise is in the house of mourning
And by sad countenance the heart is made stonger in time
So, I embrace this burden and weep for the fools that chase the wind
"
I'm in Domination and just got one of these, and going for an incinerate tank.

I are pretty excited, but I'm not sure on the numbers to sustain Incinerate.

any advice on how to progress from this point onward?

Cybilite Lvl 22

Mana leech might be enough to sustain incinerate as long as you are hitting stuff but i would go for high mana regen so you can do incinerate + lmp + life leech + faster projectiles.

this is a possible build you can follow if you want to use Mind over Matter

Depending on gear you might want more health nodes.

This shield might be easy to get, the 40% block chance is really good until you can start stacking block chance.
Spoiler
About when should it be possible to switch to Incinerate during the leveling process?
There is grief in wisdom, there is sorrow in truth
Yet, the heart of the wise is in the house of mourning
And by sad countenance the heart is made stonger in time
So, I embrace this burden and weep for the fools that chase the wind
I switched to it at Lv13.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info