List of items that can be dropped outside maps.

pretty obvious that you cannot drop Shav/Kaom/Soultaker etc outside map..
IGN TylordRampage
Why the fuck would they add that kind of feature? Whats the point of all this "yes yes, you can now farm dominus and docks till level 100 but they wont drop you any uniques!"
My best char so far https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211377
you still can get shitty unique in docks and have to farm high level map , so burning currencies, to get high end gear.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
pretty obvious that you cannot drop Shav/Kaom/Soultaker etc outside map..

That's why this thread exists. To confirm such things.

Last edited by CookieVortex on Oct 28, 2013, 2:34:09 PM
-we have no definition of what "high level maps" is actually
-we have no proof there are significant changes implemented
A guy in this thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/557321/page/3
said Merveil dropped him Marohi. Marohi is 57, zone is 56 as I remember, Merveil is 59. It worked as intended for him, just like before patch.
Could GGG be that mean to set ilvl req. just for specific uniques (the fat one : kaom, shav, auxium, etc) ?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Oct 28, 2013, 12:22:10 PM
"
torturo wrote:
-we have no definition of what "high level maps" is actually
-we have no proof there are significant changes implemented
A guy in this thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/557321/page/3
said Merveil dropped him Marohi. Marohi is 57, zone is 56 as I remember, Merveil is 59. It worked as intended for him, just like before patch.
Could GGG be that mean to set ilvl req. just for specific uniques (the fat one : kaom, shav, auxium, etc) ?

Rare and unique monsters always drop +2 ilvl than the area. Marohi is top unique, but actually it got nerfed as other 2handers got buffed. ilvl outside map areas is max 68, so rare, unique monsters will drop ilvl 70, so should be pretty everything besides rare temple map. If they wrote that some uniques can't be dropped outside maps, it's pretty obvious and logical that it's not only about temple map.

I also don't think they put ilvl req for Kaoms and others to 71. This way you wouldn't drop it on 68 maps. Or if they did it's just sad they didn't tell us about it...

Last edited by CookieVortex on Oct 28, 2013, 12:46:27 PM
The point is, if a good and expensive hl item drops as it did before, then are the highest lvl items affected? I still consider Marohi a high lvl good and expensive item. If not affected, Kaom can still drop even in Lunaris (highest lvl mob is 69).
Let's say it that way : were just zones rearranged to affect farming, or just a few uniques got ilvl req, or a map req.(dropping just in maps).
I thought thread was about that.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Oct 28, 2013, 1:02:16 PM
"
CookieVortex wrote:
I disagree. It's pretty obvious that you can't drop ilvl 71 item outside maps (you still can drop ilvl 70 from dominius and some others). The end game non-map area is lvl 68 just like lunaris 3 before patch.
This is what GGG wrote in patch notes:
"Some of the rarest Unique items can NOW only drop from end-game Maps."

You see that "now" ? Means something has changed. End-game maps are also pretty related to maps you put in eternal lab, they would called it instances otherwise. And again why would they even write this in patch notes?

I think this is a good point. Chris also confirmed via Reddit around release day vs a question of "what maps? all maps or only high level maps?" that they could drop in "all maps", it stands to reason he meant all maps from Eternal Labratory.
Garbage
Light as a neutral force.

The new flesh emerges.

By Hillock a1n

In docks

Edit: Thanks for the thread - was looking for one :D
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Oct 28, 2013, 1:55:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info