List of items that can be dropped outside maps.

"
anteolsson wrote:

It seems to me that you are describing something that is not a game, something that is not fun. There is nothing here that is "work", it is all done based on our own motivations, our own sense of fun. Personally, I consider it a joy and a blessing that we are not given this information so that we can figure it out for ourselves. Of course I get that it would be more convenient if GGG would just tell us everything but that would also be true of getting help with chess moves from a computer program or just seeing the end of a movie. It saves us time but in the end we lost what it was we came here for. Fun.

The time when a game becomes "work" is when we should really consider what it is we are doing.

Well, for me the best part of PoE is the theory-crafting and field testing of builds, something that relies a lot on information that usually GGG doesn't give. And as I said in my post, while things like new uniques are relatively easy and manageable to do as a community, more obscure mechanics are riddled with misinformation and rumors from the community, combined with little to no way of verification makes it a annoyance.

For example the train-wreck that was the orb of chance rates or the raging battle about summons defensive stats are something that no player can figure by themselves given the amount of data-points needed to get a result, while the non-verifiable nature of the tests makes a combined community effort useless.
Different strokes for different folks!

GGG has been very transparent with many game mechanics, so that's probably why people have become accustomed to, y'know, transparency with respect to game mechanics.

You'd also be more likely to find people who enjoy transparency with game mechanics here than in other games, since other games are not as transparent with their mechanics, which is why you see more people clamoring for more transparent mechanics.

It's a vicious cycle, really :P
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
I was also wondering about this change and hoping we could get some info. I know I've seen glorious plates and occultist's vestments drop in lunaris 3, but I don't know if that necessarily means that their unique versions cans drop.
It was just a way to say that they lowered some level zones so you can only get the high required level uniques the very highest level zones. Stuff like Auxium, Kaoms, Lionseye Remorse can only be found in the very last zones in the game, or maps. They didn't specifically mean "Maps" as in the ones you put in the Eternal Lab device.
I also agree that some clarification should be in order as to whether "maps" means actual maps you put into the eternal lab, or just late game areas. All I know is I found dyadus from dominus's minions:

I have never looted anything worth at least 1 exalted in non-map areas and was playing a lot. It seems that running content lower than lvl 70 maps is an utter waste of time. Good luck with running 70+ maps as a solo player...

This game is balanced towards hardcore players that grind whole days in groups. Solo or casual players will find nothing worthy here, unless extremely lucky. Looting only trash uniques and worthless rares is the reason I stopped playing a while ago. Have been back lately only to check out the new stuff.
IGN:
ZENofWar [lvl 88 Blood magic cyclone Marauder]
ZENofArts [lvl 80 Cast on crit Quill Rain Scion]
Outside Map,I got yesterday :

IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Oct 28, 2013, 5:07:52 AM
Glad to see that Abyssus there, I've been farming Piety for it or the currency needed to buy one, and I'd hate to have my only option of getting one to be "the hard way".
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
I remade the thread name, please post uniques you've dropped outside maps.

Last edited by CookieVortex on Oct 28, 2013, 9:16:45 AM
I`ve got
at low leveling

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info