Cold Penetration

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.

GEM EXAMPLES COMING SOON
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Oct 31, 2012, 10:03:09 PM
I just got this support gem but I am not sure how it works. Is it simply ignoring the targets resistance for the flat number listed? Or is it reducing the cold resistance of the target?
"
anteolsson wrote:
I just got this support gem but I am not sure how it works. Is it simply ignoring the targets resistance for the flat number listed? Or is it reducing the cold resistance of the target?
from the other elemental penetration supports, it lowers foe's res for the skill you use to damage the foe.
does it works with curses?
curses do not deal damage, no.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
curses do not deal damage, no.

thanks!
ive heard both ways for this so im going to try and clear it up,

does this ignore resist, or reduce resist?

ignore, as in cannot drop below 0
and
reduce, as bringing mobs into negative resists like elemental weakness does (i think)
ign = ultrahiangle
it does both, or more correctly, whichever is more penalty on foe. the reduction adds with other reductions and if multiple reductions sum up to be more than what ignoring res does, then the reductions.

or at least that is how i was corrected. like 75% res cap mob has is now 35% with a lv 16 penetration support. but if a elemental curse plus this going on both of lv 16 (the curse is -45% to max res) that is 45 +40 = 85 less resistance. taking an guess that mobs have 100% res but still under the cap of 75%, res used is either 75 -40 =35% or 100 -85 =15%, so 15%.

however in case of a foe with 0 res already, it goes into negatives.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Dec 16, 2012, 1:27:41 AM
interesting, penetration supports are very strong than. I think they should be reworded because to me the phrasing "penetrates x resistance", sounds like it would have no effect if they have no resistance.
ign = ultrahiangle
in pve, a player might still be inclined to stack res decreasing in order to get to negative res on foe. in pvp, players might just use penetration supports to save time and mana. i hate pvp but this very information was found via the pvp grounds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info