Arc

"
Kadajko wrote:
"
CNKalmah wrote:
This needs a buff. Not a damage buff, not a crit/cast speed buff. What it really needs is for it to hit targets in between chains. (Think of Searing bond for example.)
This would alleviate its poor low end damage and low crit chance without needed it to be rebalanced.

Arc chains to the closest target, you realize that right? There are no targets in between.

Actually, it doesn't.
Go try using the skill first, then come back and retry your post please.
IGN Suojata
Why not just reduce shock to 25% per stack, and then simply...

Increase the spell's base damage?

i see 3 possibilities to fix arc

1) make it a standard projectile (like fireball), and don`t say thats Op, look at Freezepuls: auto piere auto aoe low mana cost like wtf
2) if only 1 target let it chain to same target again + increase base crit from 4 to something between 6 and 8
3)increase flat damage and improve the low end of the damage to 1/3 of the max
Last edited by Exort_Trivial on Nov 22, 2013, 1:09:15 AM
I myself use..or used to use Arc. I agree with many of the issues people have found with the skill, and would like to share my experiences with it.

I took the liberty of trying to fight Gravicus (Normal even!) with arc and some frost and firespells thrown in to the mix. My arc didn't even dent him, even after repeated tries, shocking him, setting him up with the Conductivety curse and freezing him repeatedly. I finally killed gravicus just by holding down an unspecialized, unsupported incinerate. It felt cheap and boring to me to have to resort to it, because i just negated every point i put into getting a high crit frost/lightning build.

The biggest issue of Arc, even more than other lightning spells, is that it is an inconsistent spell. It's damage is low, it's critrate is at 4% base, and it simply doesn't provide the shock debuff consistently. Even when specialized in, other spells take the limelight alot quicker and better, even with arc slotted with support gems. Arc could be so much more useful if they either increased the number of chains, improved the critrate, raised the minimum damage, or gave it a higher than average chance to shock. As it is, i would prefer one of the earlier three, if only because it feels like a spell meant for massive, high-damaging crits rather than a soft support snipe in the back of a minion wave.
Last edited by BaronBobBlitzkrieg on Nov 23, 2013, 6:51:40 AM
Arc is so cool, it really needs a buff. Also I think that lightning spells in general need an improvement with their randomness. I think it is okay that lightning has a more random targeting but the damage should be more consistent.

Also I think that lightning casters need a single target option, freeze pulse and fireball offer some high damage potenzial at close range but lightning spells all suck vs single targets and make bosses like Brutus or Merveil phase 1 much harder.
I have a question about arc and elemental prolif...

1. by default, arc chains up to 3 monsters. Is the crit chance rolled for one spell cast (meaning if it crits, it will crit all the target it hits) or is the crit chance individually rolled for every monster being hit by the same spell?

2. IF arc does roll crit chance for one spell instead of rolling for each individual monster hit, then how will elemental proliferation work?

To my understanding, once a monster gets a status aliment, elemental proliferation spreads the status aliments to other monsters as well.

Does that mean, 1 crit on arc chained on 3 monsters = 3 "shocks" executed = 3 elemental proliferation proc = instant triple shock stack?

thanks!!
1. Crit Chance is always rolled per-activation.

2. Really fucking well :P The second hit, if in range, will already benefit from the first Shock Stack, making it deal more damage and (hopefully) inflicting a longer Shock. Same for the third.
Shock-EP is really powerful, if you can get a good Shock duration.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
1. Crit Chance is always rolled per-activation.

2. Really fucking well :P The second hit, if in range, will already benefit from the first Shock Stack, making it deal more damage and (hopefully) inflicting a longer Shock. Same for the third.
Shock-EP is really powerful, if you can get a good Shock duration.

ahhh thanks for the explanation :D

i m at 48.8% crit with spectral throw right now, and will increase when i get more crit nodes :P

If you are using arc against bosses, you are doing it wrong! (unless you are dual totem) I imagine almost any other spells is going to be more efficient for single target damage. Can you imagine linking chain to fireball to go fight a boss?
Make Arc work with Fork.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info