=[1.1.3]= The New Overpowered (UPDATED!) New Build HERE!

"
Junkx wrote:
technically you can evade your own reflect, but its calculated against your accuracy so most likely its going to be a small portion that will get evaded. you can however dodge and block your own reflect as well. otherwise you leech it back

Even with Ondar's guilde it's still a small portion that get evaded ? (reflected damage are considered as projectile)
I've got another question for my frenzy/split/vaal pact crit build. Would you consider using Bloodrage ? It'll up my life leech a lot, and make it easier to keep my frenzy charges up versus big pack, while reserving frenzy vs single target bosses.
If i'm considering bloodrage it's mostly because Darkray boots reduce frenzy charge's time by 50%. If i am to attack 8 frenzy between each pack it's going to get boring, so if i can get some charges from bloodrage it might help.
Last edited by EhVL4N on Nov 3, 2013, 1:48:31 PM
edit: sorry multi post, i had forum bugs
Last edited by EhVL4N on Nov 3, 2013, 1:20:58 PM
edit: sorry multi post, i had forum bugs
Last edited by EhVL4N on Nov 3, 2013, 1:21:05 PM
i don't use blood rage because i don't need it. i have 13% instant life leech in gear alone, and 20% when my cast on damage warlords mark pops (which it doesn't often). i prefer to use frenzy as main attack because its so hilarious attacking at 16.5 times a second.
also i use melee damage on full life because its much better than added fire. it adds more damage and the damage that is added is physical, thus also boosting your life leech amount.

but to really optimize i would use dual strike/multi/melee splash/added fire damage (or life leech for REALLY REALLY tough maps) and run blood rage. i don't have great chaos resistance though so any time inbetween packs would hurt, or i could just swap weapons to deactivate the burn and recast next pack.
this gives me the same dps, though not all physical if using added fire dmg, and upwards of 30% life leech which is very high. essentially can get 39% if you sub added fire for life leech gem. at this point as long as you're attacking something and not 1 shot, you'll never die.

i have been considering, and may try to fit a leveled cast on damage gem to blood rage. this way if i take a seriously big hit blood rage will instantly cast so i get the boost in life leech, just as my warlords mark is set up.
so in times of a big hit i'll jump from 13% life leech to 30% - im just somewhat short on sockets for that combo.

edit: ya just to test i ran dual strike/blood rage and the dps is the same as max dps with frenzy, 32k. this stays constant however, since im not running melee damage on full life. when i drop in life with that gem i think its down to 26k IIRC. you also have an added 10% life leech and the dmg per second is very easily controlled via chaos flasks or just 'turning it off' via weapon swap (if gem is in your weapon).

its definitely the ideal set up to get the most out of the build...i just like high attack speed so ya. even though i still have 11 atk/sec with dual strike it doesn't seem fast enough!
Last edited by iRace82 on Nov 3, 2013, 6:49:49 PM
Thanks for the answer !!

But concerning a "ranged" ranger, i can't rely on frenzy to deal with packs. I'll be using split arrow ^^
So I thought I could give bloodrage a try to get me more frenzy charges instead of attacking 8 times with frenzy every new pack of mobs (since i'll most likely loose my previous charge if I wear Darkray vectors (-50% charges duration)
this is what I have so far
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4FtQguDPIZjhrbI_YwfD7PUUd_K42_m42ly73m037Wiu2D7g7veu_w-WPUI92oxqIwcUt4OkJaSKq4qn-Nfa_rAdGiQPT4oSLEotwVp9T-yBn-GwE2PYhrGdd315UFMpR_AtnGBYSm4DH6IXZ298qpsTCGznfU-Va0xQuRmvEIiZMlXWjBM6Gk4dsk_edU1QB0QVb63Ub8TmOnMwz-KxnV_95v8jnUoJ8=

Im going for lightning arrow and frenzy but im not too sure what support gems I should use. should I go with projectile weakness? Is poison arrow worth sticking with for ES enemies? Is there anything ive forgotten to get on the tree or anything I should just skip? Any help would be really appreciated, this is my first archer build.
Last edited by speedbump86 on Nov 5, 2013, 8:32:53 PM
Hi, I know this thread is in the Ranger forum, but it is also the Dodge thread of the forums, so I apologize for this may being inadequate.

I started it from the Marauder (dafuq you might say), but look here, it's meant to be played in Nemesis, so this way you get an awesome start in terms of survivability; you're right there to a ton of resistances, and to Resolute Technique keystone (great to avoiding one-shooting yourself from reflect).

It's supposed to be based on melee -1h+Shield- attacks (not sure which skills yet); Resolute Technique; Blood Rage (hence the regen); -some- block; evasion; and Dodge.

I don't know, I've never played a Dodge character before so I'm kind of walking in the blind here, but please feel free to criticize it, I know it can be improved, I just don't know how.

Thank you,
Lou
IGN: INativityInBlackI/Unchainedd
How does Evade work with Lioneye's Glare against reflect mobs? Since Lioneye's Glare arrows can't be evaded, does that mean Lioneye's Glare is taboo with this template even though we have Guile and Acro?
"
Pantyknight wrote:
How does Evade work with Lioneye's Glare against reflect mobs? Since Lioneye's Glare arrows can't be evaded, does that mean Lioneye's Glare is taboo with this template even though we have Guile and Acro?

Same with Resolute Technique, reflect damage can't be evaded, only dodged.
IGN: INativityInBlackI/Unchainedd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info