0.9.13 Patch Notes

Very excited about these patch notes...PvP is going to eat up so much of my time, can't wait.

I am, though, interested in the choice to limit the number of shamans in a goat pack. Were they really that problematic? I'm sure GGG have the data that show the number of times people die when facing more than one shaman, and I'm going to assume it's unusually high, but I can't help but feel like I'll be missing the frantic danger that came from encountering multiple shamans at once. The spikes of difficulty are one thing that I adore about PoE, so I'm always a little paranoid that those things will be stripped away to "round off the sharp corners" for the masses.

Anyway, overall really great stuff, and it's always so impressive to see the strides made by GGG from one patch to the next. Looks like it's about time to go Silver.
Last edited by Adhesive33 on Oct 31, 2012, 2:01:49 PM
"Fixed some problems with firing projectiles past corners."
Oh thank god.
Nice
"
Chris wrote:
  • Spawn can now emerge from the ground in certain cave areas.

Shit would be so cash
"
guggelfunsus wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
  • Spawn can now emerge from the ground in certain cave areas.

Shit would be so cash

ROFL epic post is epic
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
A great list of changes.
* Evan as a mara fan, glad to see GS using the actual weapon speed
* Nice to see templar and dualist get some love (highfive Moosifier)
* Looking forward to all the new skills!

"
Removed special chests from the Cave in the Old Fields and from the Weaver's Chambers. All dungeon areas now have a chance of spawning a special chest. There is also now a guaranteed one in the Dread Thicket.

"
Kabraxis wrote:
I really want to know reasoning behind giving chance to chest spawn only to underground dungeons when for example most boring areas in game are act2 jungle open areas...

Maybe you ahve planned something different for normal areas but if you're not i vote for chance to chest spawn in each area.

"Dungeon" is also a generic term for an instance or area, not just underground maps. I'm reasonably certain this means special chests have a chance to spawn in ALL areas.
IGN: Friar
Knight of Guild Medieval http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/545783
Game Mechanics http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707
Recipe Book http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/15223
Quest Reward List http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36776
Whoop!
"
FriarJon wrote:
A great list of changes.
* Evan as a mara fan, glad to see GS using the actual weapon speed
* Nice to see templar and dualist get some love (highfive Moosifier)
* Looking forward to all the new skills!

"
Removed special chests from the Cave in the Old Fields and from the Weaver's Chambers. All dungeon areas now have a chance of spawning a special chest. There is also now a guaranteed one in the Dread Thicket.

"
Kabraxis wrote:
I really want to know reasoning behind giving chance to chest spawn only to underground dungeons when for example most boring areas in game are act2 jungle open areas...

Maybe you ahve planned something different for normal areas but if you're not i vote for chance to chest spawn in each area.

"Dungeon" is also a generic term for an instance or area, not just underground maps. I'm reasonably certain this means special chests have a chance to spawn in ALL areas.

It was stated somewhere, that only "indoor" maps will have the chests, not necessarily "underground".
MonstaMunch: "You're just jelly because you can't afford to mirror my rod. It's 100% reel."

GooberM: "How does that not warrant a good ol' stabby-stabby?"
"
indczn wrote:

GS had a fixed attack speed, so a .95 kauri maul attacked at the same rate as a 1.20+ maul. The kauri maul has a higher base damage to compensate for being slower. Using a kauri maul provided extra dps for groundslam because it used groundslams higher speed, and ignored being slower. Its a good fix.

Are you sure it is a good fix? I kind of lost interest in GS after the last patch that whacked it so that it became less useful/fun. This latest doesn't do anything to make GS more interesting.

Not trolling you, just honestly curious if this skill is a main use skill anymore as last time I checked it had become quite "tepid". Lately I'm playing with other builds so I'm just looking to understand the latest community view of GS.

"
FriarJon wrote:

What Chris said about this in a previuos thread:
"
Chris wrote:
SqueakyToyOfTerror: It's all indoors areas :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info