0.9.13 Patch Notes

Great job, guys! Tnx a lot. Very happy to support GGG:)
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
Mark - if I have Elemental Equilibrium, will my minions be able to apply it? Say, with explosions, or if I have a +cold damage gem?
No.
You have Elemental Equilibrium, which affects damage you do.
Your minions do not have your passives, so do not have Elemental Equilibrium.

Thanks.

Another mechanics thing - does Equilibrium stack? If I have Arc with +cold damage, will the target(s) receive -50% fire resistance? And would the cold damage be applied before or after the lightning damage?

If I put Arc on a totem, would the totem spell receive Equilibrium, considering that totems aren't technically minions?
IRON MAN
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Bricks wrote:
Well the tooltip says it does 33% minion life now instead of 100%. if that is all it does i doubt i can play high level maps. So it scales with minion damage better now? what is that to mean. if i look at the offense screen it dosnt give me any info on minion damage..so i have no idea what they do or how much they explode for. Sorry if its obvious to others but im not a math genius
Previously, they didn't actually deal damage, because the game engine didn't support damage outside of performing an action. So they worked out how much life they had, reduced it by enemy fire resistance, and subtracted that from life.
It therefore was not affected by any damage increases at all.

Now, they actually deal real damage. This means all your "increased minion damage" passives apply to that, where they didn't before. Support gems on the minions that modify damage, such as chance to ignite and added lightning damage apply, where they didn't before (and the added lightning damage on the explosion will of course also be affected by your minion damage increase passives). Giving the minions fire damage increases or elemental damage increases from a shield via Necromantic Aegis will let them actually apply to the explosion, where they didn't before. The new Fire Resistance Penetration support will apply. The IIQ/IIR support gems applied to minions will now apply to the explosion because they actually deal damage to the enemy (your IIQ/IIR from gear always applied).

The reduction in base damage was necessary because we went from "nothing increases it" to 'all the things that should increase it do", and there's a lot of them. It's probably a bit weaker in early game (when you don't have as many of said bonuses), but this change was not to make it useless late game, but to prevent it being hugely, massively better.

Was thinking of supporting my minions with Increased Critical Strikes and Increased Critical Damage

What is the default crit chance on the minion explosion? or is it 0?

In a separate but related question, when calculating how much much minion damage is to be contributed to the damage of the explosion, does Increased Critical Strikes and Increased Critical Damage effect this number?

thank you!
Last edited by FinalForm on Nov 1, 2012, 2:53:43 AM
I'm diggin' the new website.
I can't bring up my character's passive tree in my browser, every time i click on the passive it shows a default, unallocated passive tree.

I'm using Opera v12.02
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
"
Powster wrote:
Just wondering.. are there going to be any leagues like this.

3 Hour hardcore race then when it ends with the characters you have from the race... pvp permadeath tournament for the top 20 players. That would be extremely fun.

OMG that'd be awesome!
Great Patch ! Still the acrobatics change seem minimal :(
Really like the new website layout,it looks extremely sharp and more "professional" compared to the old one.

Regarding the latest patch the PvP is a huge addition indeed,but personally i think ill wait until Open Beta to really sink my teeth into it and make my characters specifically for this particular gametype.
And while i cant say i like all decisions that were made in this patch (Iron Reflexes is not worth getting as a Marauder anymore,the Minion Instability tweak...) i can understand why they were made and appreciate all the hard work that is being made and all the progressive improvements that keep making this game better and better.
Last edited by dualestl on Nov 1, 2012, 7:42:00 AM
"
Kemichal wrote:
"
Powster wrote:
Just wondering.. are there going to be any leagues like this.

3 Hour hardcore race then when it ends with the characters you have from the race... pvp permadeath tournament for the top 20 players. That would be extremely fun.

OMG that'd be awesome!

I would spectate that!
I want add one witch is a man, not a woman, I don't want to play shadow as one witch, please !
oh and necromancer is weak ? how to build necromancer with 60 passive skill
IGN: DungDajHjep
My shop:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/234026
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/176707
Last edited by congdiem on Nov 1, 2012, 10:22:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info