1.1 Updated [HC/Inv] EB/MoM/AA SuperTank Spectral Throw (Works with Mjölner!!Tested!)

Just kind of a general question maybe, why double strike over heavy strike? Heavy does more dmg, I think? Just a matter of preference or socket color? Or is there something I'm not seeing (other than heavy strike + multistrike sucks).

I was using heavy strike through all of normal, just switched to double strike in cruel.
Hi OP, can I ask how many damage you can afford with this build?

thank's in advance!
Last edited by Thaumasios on Mar 9, 2014, 6:25:23 AM
Hi OP, thanks for the great build.
I just started a char with it in invasion after my first 2 chars died horribly deaths with other builds.
Did you consider going deeper in the Marauder Starting area? I am speaking about Diamond Skin, all the life+armor notes, Heart of the Warrior and Warriors blood, maybe as a replacement for the weaker Scion life wheel? If you concidered it, what made yu dismiss it?
Thanks again!
Thanks for the guide, right what I was looking for :)
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira
When you take "blood drinker", there are now, 3 "6% max life 6% armour", you can pick 2 of them instead of the "6% max life" near the scion starting area.

Free armour is always nice.
"
Darkhorse23 wrote:
Just kind of a general question maybe, why double strike over heavy strike? Heavy does more dmg, I think? Just a matter of preference or socket color? Or is there something I'm not seeing (other than heavy strike + multistrike sucks).

I was using heavy strike through all of normal, just switched to double strike in cruel.

i personally like ds more than hs. you can use any single target you want to, its up to you

"
Thaumasios wrote:
Hi OP, can I ask how many damage you can afford with this build?

thank's in advance!

dont really understand what you are asking but im interpreting it as can you add more damage to the build?.. yes you can! you can sacrifice life/armor to get more damage nodes like the mace/staff or axe/sword nodes if you choose. i leave this option open for you to decide.

"
IINestorII wrote:
Hi OP, thanks for the great build.
I just started a char with it in invasion after my first 2 chars died horribly deaths with other builds.
Did you consider going deeper in the Marauder Starting area? I am speaking about Diamond Skin, all the life+armor notes, Heart of the Warrior and Warriors blood, maybe as a replacement for the weaker Scion life wheel? If you concidered it, what made yu dismiss it?
Thanks again!

i have not looked into that mostly because of the point cost to get to those areas. you will sacrifice something to get there and for this build you cannot sacrifice any mana regen nodes and i think that is where the extra points would have to come from. but i will look into it!

"
NCPereira wrote:
Thanks for the guide, right what I was looking for :)

ty very much for trying it out!

"
TarkJin wrote:
When you take "blood drinker", there are now, 3 "6% max life 6% armour", you can pick 2 of them instead of the "6% max life" near the scion starting area.

Free armour is always nice.

i will look into that as well as other areas of mara to adjust for the lacking nodes in the scion wheel

ty for pointing it out!

IGN @Dbum
Could this build be used to MF Piety or would it be too weak with the restricted item choices?
Last edited by Shayd_ on Mar 10, 2014, 8:24:44 PM
"
Could this build be used to MF Piety or would it be too weak with the restricted item choices?

I imagine it could be done. Use a really good weap then swap to the mf 2h plus having all ur other mf gear on
IGN @Dbum
Hi great build!!

Would this build be viable In the Invasions League.

I was really looking for a ranged tanky dps.

Also would double strike be more viable thank heavy strike for single target dps ie bosses/ rares?

Would +20% ST make a big difference?

Is the new Vaal Spectral Throw any good?

Really interested!! Thanks!!
I'm slightly confused by the Aura link's description compared to your gear. You say to run max level Clarity as well as Discipline/Grace/Hatred. However, you seem to be running Haste, Purity of Elements and level 4 Clarity.

What auras would you say are overall the most effective?
Last edited by Shayd_ on Mar 11, 2014, 7:43:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info