1.1 Updated [HC/Inv] EB/MoM/AA SuperTank Spectral Throw (Works with Mjölner!!Tested!)

Welcome!!

Do you want a CHEAP build that doesnt require uniques? A build that is FUN? A build that can solo almost anything in the game? Then The Super Tank is the build for you. I'm sure some uniques here and there could help out but None are required!!!

SuperTank with EB/MOM/AA

You can use this build as almost any attack just use the basic pathing and choose what skills and weapons you want to use!!

Build Progression

*You may or may not need to add in resist/extra stat pasives to make up for the lack of on gear*

Start out going out the mana regen and max mana nodes > head to the scion life wheel > head down to iron grip > head over under the marauder grab destroyer, the life nodes, and blood drinker > go into the duelist area and grab all the nodes that is on the end game build > now stard out the attack speed nodes at scion start head up for EB and the rest of life/mana and grab mind drinker!

not really any other way to do it, should grab unwavering stance AFTER you get Iron reflexes. You should try to get your mana set up before grabbing Mind over Matter so you need EB and all of the mana regen on this build to run Arctic Armor with MoM.

Keystones

Eldrich Battery + Mind Over Matter - Ton of mana and 30% damage comes from mana before life (key of the tankiness)

Iron Reflexes - Convert all evasion (not from dex) to armor (more tankiness)

Unwavering Stance - Cannot be stunned cannot evade (not being stunned in HC is amazing, no evade who cares u have IR!!)

Iron Grip - Increased phys damage from str applies to projectile attacks (Spectral Throw is a projectile attack! more DEEPS!!)

Current Gear

Links
-Spectral Throw > Lesser Multiple Porjectiles > Added Fire Damage/Life Leach > Faster Attacks/Mana Leach > Physical damage on Projectile Attacks/Weapon Elemental Damage for 5 Link AOE/Ranged.

-Double Strike > Faster Attacks > Mele Physical Damage > Added Fire Damage > Multistrike/Life Leach (depending on situations) for 5 Link single target.

-Cast on Damage Taken (lvl 1) > Enduring Cry (lvl 5) > Molten Shell (lvl 7) > Temp Chains (lvl 5)(or any other curse u feel like)(also can run Corpse Explosion (lvl8) for necro maps or Blood Rage (lvl5) for some more LL and attack speed)

-Leap Slam > Faster Attacks > Decoy Totem/Devouring Totem

-Pick one for situation (Grace/Hatred/Discipline) > Clarity (max lvl) > Reduced Mana (choose for situation, if you feel like u need more armor use Grace, or more mana use Disc, more dmg easy solo stuff use Hatred)

-Arctic Armor anywhere. doesnt need linked i dont think... im going for max lvl but run a lvl that your mana regen can handle

Leveling Tips
-When you get reduced mana from a2 Cruel quest (or buy one) you will soon be able to run Grace + Hatred. This works wonders for lvling.

-Always have the highest phys dps weapon you can get. Weapons i use for leveling

Bandits
Help Oak on all 3

Gear to Lvl with
anything with life and res
Uniques I use to lvl with

and a 2h with highest phys damage

Gear to Look for (High Level)
EV/ES or AR/ES with lots of life and res. Also the ev/es or ar/es rolls need to be high as possible. And the highest phys damage 2h you can buy/find/craft

Mapping
I have done most of the "bad" map mods and dont really have any trouble except for blood magic. BM renders eb/mom useless but still doable.

-BM- Replace Added Fire Damage on both DS/ST with Life Leach
-Half Regen- Replace Faster Attacks on both DS/ST with Mana Leach
-No Regen- Replace Faster Attacks with Mana Leach and replace Added Fire Damage with Life Leach on both DS/ST

More info to come as I encounter!!

Colonnade Kole Face Tank

Q&A

*Why do you not pick up Resolute Technique?

-Because you dont need high chance to hit when you out lvl the content by 10 lvls. There is a thread somewhere on the forums explaining why...I will find it and post it here soon.

*Why should I go all the way up to EB when you can get more life/armor from Mara area?

-First off you need a crap ton of mana to have MoM work, EB gives you this mana via es from gear and running Discipline. Secondly, having EB will allow you to have enough mana regen, combine with mana regen nodes and other max mana, to run max lvl AA (Arctic Armor). AA will reduce your incoming dmg by A LOT!

*Why do you use Double Strike over Heavy Strike when HS has more dps?

-You can use either, to me I like the feel of DS vs HS. There is the possibility that some other single target attack will work here too.

**Will post more**

If you have any questions or input let me know and GLHF!!

Come check out my stream and YouTube channel

**OTHER BUILDS**

Mjolner Super Tank EB/MoM/AA/Block

Phys Crit SA, Acro/Ondars
http://tinyurl.com/mdqfs4m
Gearing

High ev gear and use of Lightning Coil

Use a Harbinger Bow for max effectiveness or Lioneyes Glare for easy to get.

IGN @Dbum
Last edited by dbum on May 1, 2014, 6:42:38 PM
This looks to be a pretty good build. You should break down the skill tree like from level 1-25, 26-50, 51-75, 76-95, then end build.
I would also not mind having the passive skills broken down, I just watch the stream to see most of it though.

Now my stupid question - I am wondering whats up with the Left Click and Middle Click both being Double strike. Did i miss something somewhere? Because I was pretty sure I only watched ya get 1 double strike then put it on both buttons.
I like this build a lot, pretty interesting
i will break it down tomorrow when im not playing.
IGN @Dbum
why wouldnt you get resolute technique?
Thanks for sharing, I'll get in the your build idea as I was planning a super-tanky ST build too. Shame you didn't get Resolute Technique and you miss the +Endurace charges.
Last edited by FedeS on Oct 25, 2013, 5:52:35 AM
"
FedeS wrote:
Thanks for sharing, I'll get in the your build idea as I was planning a super-tanky ST build too. Shame you didn't get Resolute Technique and you miss the +Endurace charges.

ya rt is nice.. i may have to change up the build to grab it. and ill have 4 charges from a2.. and i can grab the one extra in duelist.

its a work in progress it may change
IGN @Dbum
"
asdfab53 wrote:
why wouldnt you get resolute technique?

and wouldnt Iron Grip? only 2 nodes next your path.

edit: sorry i saw now u have it in mind :)
good workª!
Last edited by Gaaruda on Oct 25, 2013, 6:47:32 AM
Iron Grip is in my end build. as far as rt, if i can keep a 90-95% chance to hit with accuracy rating and some nodes with accuracy (like some of the 2h nodes) then i dont see rt a big deal.

if i cannot keep a decent chance to hit i do have a slightly different build in mind and may have to change/reroll
IGN @Dbum

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info