Noperative's Beginner Guide to Path of Exile

Hello, I was on vacation for the past few days, so I did not update the guide even though a few things started building up.

"
N1neY wrote:
Still keeping this up to date? Stumbled on a minor error: This recipe uses a Blacksmith Whetstone not an Orb of Alteration.

1 Weapon + 1 Rustic Sash + 1 Blacksmith Whetstone -> 1 Magic Weapon with Increased Physical Damage (amount depends on rarity of rustic sash, good for attackers)

/n1ney

"
Ygdrasyl wrote:
First off great guide, thanks very much for your effort.

I have found an error however

"1 Magic Staff/Scepter/Wand + 1 Orb of Augmentation + 1 Ruby/Sapphire/Topaz Ring -> Magic Staff/Scepter/Wand with +1 to Fire/Cold/Lightning Gems (good for casters)"

this is incorrect, it should be 1 Orb of Alteration, not Augmentation. Now that said I make this comment after the 1.2.1 patch and admit that your statement may have been correct at one time.

"
mpqnb wrote:
Thanks for the excellent guide.

"
1 full set of rare items for every item slot -> 1 Chaos Orb (2 Chaos Orb if all items are not identified)

All items must have a ilvl of 60+ according to gamepedia.

Thank you for your help. In my defense I pulled the recipes from the POE wiki at the time and they were listed as orbs of augmentation. I did forget to clarify the chaos recipe changes though.
Gemcutters mid-tire? It's worth more than chaos and its very usable as trading currency. Every high level trader liked it in my experience.
If you think Blessed is also mid-tire, I would switch regal with GCP. Its hard to trade with regals. Trading wise they behave like blessed orbs. Only a very few want them.
Last edited by Kaw on Sep 17, 2014, 3:35:00 PM
^^
Thanks for the help
Great guide, helped a lot:).
Suggestion: you should add a warning about corrupted zones and master missions, and maybe some explanation.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Hello and thanks for the great guide.

Regarding build advice. Can you point me towards a guide that is focused on what challenges to plan for towards end game? Things to know when planning your build that is geared towards experienced gamers who are just new to PoE.

Most of the build guides are "Look, I combined these passives and actives with this gear." That is the part I want to do myself. What I wish to know is information like the references to critical hit interaction with damage reflect scaling at end game content. Is that current? Was it addressed last patch? Does it affect certain defense strategies more than others?

Or Boss X has this mechanic which is different from all the leveling content. You will need to plan for it. So...Things you can't figure out from tooltips or that will blind side you, forcing a complete re-level to cope with. This would be a very useful thing if it has not already been compiled [hint].

Thanks in advance :)
Very nice guide. Wow!

I'm going to link it to my thread in case there is anything you didn't cover linked there. I'm doubting that though. I'm going to take a closer look at this, too. I'll probably link it from our guild website as part of our regimental links to resources, here.

Thanks again :-)
Awesome guide, I am very new to the game and am working on my first character in the Rampage league just from coincidence. No idea what anything meant at first but am having fun learning.

I book marked this guide to refer to, thanks a bunch! :)
whats a good mf build that don't need any gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info