The Elemental Animator - Animate Weapon, Auras - Life, Hybrid, CI Variants - 1.2.0 Planning

"
iao wrote:
Snipped

I've been comparing your 1.2 builds with the old one. I'm just curious (probably missing something) but how come you're getting minion elemental resistances instead of the life ones? (Leading up from the left side of the scion tree)
IGN: BouncyDonut
"
bouncynemoss wrote:
I've been comparing your 1.2 builds with the old one. I'm just curious (probably missing something) but how come you're getting minion elemental resistances instead of the life ones? (Leading up from the left side of the scion tree)

It's mainly preference. Minion life regeneration is extremely valuable, especially at 1.5% from one node, and the resistances are also quite nice. If it was feasible I would grab those minion maximum life nodes, though. The build in its 1.2 form is very point starved.
same name in-game
"
iao wrote:
"
bouncynemoss wrote:

It's mainly preference. Minion life regeneration is extremely valuable, especially at 1.5% from one node, and the resistances are also quite nice. If it was feasible I would grab those minion maximum life nodes, though. The build in its 1.2 form is very point starved.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the reply :). Yeah I noticed how point starved it was :( debating if I should run this as my first char because of it (it does look fun).
IGN: BouncyDonut
No problem! It's definitely doable as your first character. In fact variants of the build have even been used in long term races, sometimes reaching even the top 5.

Though, it would actually be better to start as a generic caster Witch in a new league. I don't mean to stick with her, but just to progress up to the first quest in Act 3 to get a bunch of minion gems you otherwise wouldn't with Scion.

The gems you'd get as a Witch:
  • Raise Zombie
  • Ice Nova (for the Witch's leveling)
  • Summon Raging Spirit
  • Wrath
  • Minion Life
  • Desecrate
  • Minion Damage
  • Flesh Offering

Then when you make the Scion and get:
  • Cleave (dual wield, only needed for first two zones)
  • Ice Nova
  • Animate Weapon
  • Clarity or Animate Guardian
  • Added Lightning Damage
  • Raise Spectre or Enduring Cry
  • Melee Splash
  • Rejuvenation Totem or Enfeeble
  • Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance
  • Curse on Hit
  • Grace or Discipline
  • Increased Duration
  • Bone Offering, Animate Guardian, or Clarity
  • Faster Attacks
  • Reduced Mana
  • Reduced Mana (again)
  • Weapon Elemental Damage
  • Multistrike

Other than those just grab whatever. You'd level as a hybrid Raging Spirit / Animate Weapon build and the gems you'd need to buy/find are Anger, Elemental Weakness, Convocation, Generosity, Vaal Grace, and duplicate gems such as two more Increased Duration.

I'm actually doing this exact progression in the Taiwan Open Beta, which contains a lot of what will be in 1.2. So far I'm still with thee Witch progression until I free the Scion and will then make the character. I'm about to go kill Piety, and thus far it's been fairly easy even though I'm using hybrid life/energy shield of all things.
same name in-game
Spoiler
"
iao wrote:
No problem! It's definitely doable as your first character. In fact variants of the build have even been used in long term races, sometimes reaching even the top 5.

Though, it would actually be better to start as a generic caster Witch in a new league. I don't mean to stick with her, but just to progress up to the first quest in Act 3 to get a bunch of minion gems you otherwise wouldn't with Scion.

The gems you'd get as a Witch:
  • Raise Zombie
  • Ice Nova (for the Witch's leveling)
  • Summon Raging Spirit
  • Wrath
  • Minion Life
  • Desecrate
  • Minion Damage
  • Flesh Offering

Then when you make the Scion and get:
  • Cleave (dual wield, only needed for first two zones)
  • Ice Nova
  • Animate Weapon
  • Clarity or Animate Guardian
  • Added Lightning Damage
  • Raise Spectre or Enduring Cry
  • Melee Splash
  • Rejuvenation Totem or Enfeeble
  • Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance
  • Curse on Hit
  • Grace or Discipline
  • Increased Duration
  • Bone Offering, Animate Guardian, or Clarity
  • Faster Attacks
  • Reduced Mana
  • Reduced Mana (again)
  • Weapon Elemental Damage
  • Multistrike

Other than those just grab whatever. You'd level as a hybrid Raging Spirit / Animate Weapon build and the gems you'd need to buy/find are Anger, Elemental Weakness, Convocation, Generosity, Vaal Grace, and duplicate gems such as two more Increased Duration.

I'm actually doing this exact progression in the Taiwan Open Beta, which contains a lot of what will be in 1.2. So far I'm still with thee Witch progression until I free the Scion and will then make the character. I'm about to go kill Piety, and thus far it's been fairly easy even though I'm using hybrid life/energy shield of all things.

Would you say it is better to run a witch before running a scion even if you allready unlocked scion? Also, do you feel it is stil best to go for Scion rather than Wtich as a first character in this HC-league? This build do seem a lot of fun :)
It doesn't have to be a Witch, you just want to run a different build at first so you can get/buy the gems necessary to the build that aren't available to the Scion. Witch is good because she gets most of them through quest rewards after just playing up to the first quest in Act 3.

And yeah, the build is very fun. :)

By the way, Generosity has been confirmed to apply to minions so the patch has, overall given the build a substantial buff! I have been playing it in the Taiwan Open Beta and it has been fun once the damage starts picking up. I'll try to set up a leveling progression guide when I get experience with the new league.
same name in-game
"
iao wrote:
It doesn't have to be a Witch, you just want to run a different build at first so you can get/buy the gems necessary to the build that aren't available to the Scion. Witch is good because she gets most of them through quest rewards after just playing up to the first quest in Act 3.

And yeah, the build is very fun. :)

By the way, Generosity has been confirmed to apply to minions so the patch has, overall given the build a substantial buff! I have been playing it in the Taiwan Open Beta and it has been fun once the damage starts picking up. I'll try to set up a leveling progression guide when I get experience with the new league.

Awesome :) I'll start as a scion right away then and but the gems later on.

Looking forward to see the leveling progression!
Okay well good luck with it! There's quite a bit of gems you'll need to buy for the 1.2 version of the build.

Just a heads up, you'll want to level up with Summon Raging Spirits, Animate Weapon, and Raise Zombie for damage. Searing Bond should help too. You'll want to use a +1 to Fire Gems sceptre or a +1 to Minion Gems helm to put your Summon Raging Spirits in, linked with Melee Splash.

That's the basics of it, but I'll try to write up something more informative soon.
same name in-game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info