The Elemental Animator - Animate Weapon, Auras - Life, Hybrid, CI Variants - 1.2.0 Planning

Very interesting build !

Have you think about using Ice Nova with Curse on Hit + your 2 curses ?

That would certainly save you mana (especially if you use level 1 Ice Nova) but also time. It would free up 2 hotkey slots as well. Instead of Ice Nova + Curse + Curse, your routine could be Ice Nova + Ice Nova or possibly only 1xIce Nova if you're lucky with procs. The chance to cast curse on hit is 47% at gem level 20.

Also, quality Curse on Hit gives +10% increased effect of curses. Very nice bonus when you double curse.

The other possibility would be to use freezing pulse instead of Ice Nova which has a shorter cast time (0.65 sec vs 0.935 sec for Ice Nova).
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Last edited by Velkor on Feb 6, 2014, 3:28:16 PM
Velkor that is a sick idea.

Love the build idea, super original.

My only concern is that it looks tedious on having to constantly pick up weapons. Not so much the fact that you have to pick them up, but more you have to rush around to pick up as many as possible before the duration runs out. This means you have to play more careless and run through zones as fast as possible. Normally that gameplay leads to death. Do you find this playstyle a problem for you?
"
Velkor wrote:
Very interesting build !

Have you think about using Ice Nova with Curse on Hit + your 2 curses ?

That would certainly save you mana (especially if you use level 1 Ice Nova) but also time. It would free up 2 hotkey slots as well. Instead of Ice Nova + Curse + Curse, your routine could be Ice Nova + Ice Nova or possibly only 1xIce Nova if you're lucky with procs. The chance to cast curse on hit is 47% at gem level 20.

Also, quality Curse on Hit gives +10% increased effect of curses. Very nice bonus when you double curse.

The other possibility would be to use freezing pulse instead of Ice Nova which has a shorter cast time (0.65 sec vs 0.935 sec for Ice Nova).

Good idea. I'd probably use Ice Nova instead of Freezing Pulse because of the spread. There's the problem that I won't be able to use it against those at a distance, though. I'll test it out to see if that even matters, though. Thanks.

"
Velkor that is a sick idea.

Love the build idea, super original.

My only concern is that it looks tedious on having to constantly pick up weapons. Not so much the fact that you have to pick them up, but more you have to rush around to pick up as many as possible before the duration runs out. This means you have to play more careless and run through zones as fast as possible. Normally that gameplay leads to death. Do you find this playstyle a problem for you?

The weapons kill everything so quickly that taking time to animate more really isn't a problem. It might seem tedious but when you're playing it feels a lot different.

It can support recklessness, and it did with me, leading to the death of my level 85 Nemesis character, but that was just because I was intentionally being reckless. If you want to play carefully this build definitely supports that, just at a minor loss of clear speed.
same name in-game
Very tempted to run this for invasion!

Quick one: Why aurumvorax? Is it only for the resistances? The negative rarity is quite hard to swallow though...
"
dlrr wrote:
Very tempted to run this for invasion!

Quick one: Why aurumvorax? Is it only for the resistances? The negative rarity is quite hard to swallow though...

Cool! I'll likely be running it too. Not to toot my own horn but I've tried planning out dozens of other ideas and they all pale in comparison when it comes to balancing damage, defense, affordability. Not to mention it's probably the most fun build I've played.

A great part is that as soon as you reach around level 72 (when your gems get to level 17) you can start farming Piety about as fast as I am in the videos. Translation: You'll be rich in Invasion if you get there in the first week.

Aurumvorax is only for the resistances necessary for Lightning Coil without having to use Purity of Lightning. I plan on running a version with a rare chest armor and Doon Cuebiyari because the Strength, cast speed, and mana are very helpful in high levels. Edit: Rare sceptres can get better of those stats but they're pretty much nonexistent in the market because no one knows they're useful.

The mana especially because with enough of it on gear you can run all 4 60% reservation auras on mana with just enough left unreserved to use a level 19/20 Animate Weapon.

Also, for anyone wondering, I tried a version scaling physical damage instead of elemental damage and unfortunately it's terrible.
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Mar 3, 2014, 6:04:31 AM
Very cool!

How do you plan on levelling her up given the scion area AND spectral throw nerf?

Also, have you thought about getting a targeting skill? Given the way your old char died, would it makes sense to get a skill that tells your weapons to attack ahead of you instead of running straight in? I noticed they recently fixed the minion targeting coding to go where you're attacking.
Last edited by dlrr on Mar 5, 2014, 3:29:30 AM
Luckily the endgame tree is largely unchanged so I'm indeed going through with the plan. I'm very excited. :)

I'll be running Wrath and Anger with Dual Strike because the double dipping of added elemental damage, using a animated guardian with self found gear (claws for the life gain on hit) and animating weapons when useful.
same name in-game
Hey

I am confused with the unique items and the animate guardian. Do you simply lose your unique when you leave the game or the guardian dies like other items?
"
Preiezo wrote:
Hey

I am confused with the unique items and the animate guardian. Do you simply lose your unique when you leave the game or the guardian dies like other items?

The guardian's equipment is saved to the gem, so when you log off and back on it'll have the same gear. The only time it loses that equipment is if it's replaced or if the guardian is killed.
same name in-game
Updated the tree for 1.1.0.
same name in-game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info