Animate Weapon

I pushed my AW gemlevel to 31 so I can summon 20 Weapons. On juiced up Endgame maps (tier 15/16) with Delirium and Blight I need to do it around 3 times and it is a true pita.

AW is a really cool gem and build, since you are independent from actual drops now, but the quality of life of the build is beyond miserable.

Please give the gem the "summon skeleton" treatment so we can summon multiple weapons with one cast. A healthy buff in duration wouldn't hurt either, please keep in mind that most people do additional content and not "just the map" (master missions, zana mods, scarabs, etc.)

Another quality of life upgrade would be a way to set AW gem to only target ranged weapons if you use Spirit Guards. Maybe this can be achieved as soon as it is linked to a projectile support? If you use regular and ranged AW it is very finicky to target the right weapons for the right setup.
Someone know if the total number or animate weapon is shared with "animate guardian's weapons" of chain sof command? or it can be 14 from animate weapon lv 20 + 13/14 from chains of command?
Now that the skill can be used with lingering blades how about treating the minions from actual items like the animate guardian minion? (except one minon per item instead of one minion with many items ofc)
I wish AW was more simple like spectres or zombies with no base duration, where you summon a couple(but powerful and tanky) animated weapons that fight for you. Atm It´s way too complicated, clunky and not fun to play with at all. Peace.
One of the worst skills mechanic-wise.
Basically you're playing Summon Skeleton, but instead of summoning 4~5 at once, you summon it one at a time, and have relatively short duration and very frail.

Even if you scale your duration to 100+ secs it still feels absolutely terrible playing it since every time you enter a map, you have to summon 14~16 blades.

If the AW is unkillable, then maybe it can justify such clunky mechanic, but the truth is any aoe can easily kill them in one blue in end game.

Don't get me started the damage of these AW are also mediocre at best. If you want QoL from it, you'd have to sacrifice one link for it, making the already low dps even lower.

One of the builds I swear I would never play it again before a full rework.
One of the worst mechanic skill of any game I've ever played.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Sep 18, 2020, 3:15:25 AM
Change it to a blue gem. It is so awkward as dex gem and it doesn't really make any real sense.
Played build with animate weapon as my main dammage last two seasons. Really enjoy everything but that fact that resummoning must so often even if you put point into more duration, so please take a look at this aspect and make the blades last longer. I don't mind have to resummoning upon entering a new map, but it would be nice if you did not have to resummon 2-3 times more.
Looking at the changes I suggested and using the skills now, I am rather pleased with the quality of life changes.

Finally! You don't have to use the skill while hovering over a weapon! I also appreciate the small graphic they put in when you use the skill too. I love the changes they have for the skill gem now.

I'll play with the skill a lot more now to see other things to improve upon but for now - It's a fun skill to use... at least for me.

Thank you for these changes.
Last edited by Knivingdude on Nov 7, 2020, 4:18:21 PM
I mean there are some interesting things with animate weapon, but think it'd be cool if minions spawned from lingering blades would also get the gems connected to the lingering blades.
Another new league a still GGG you have not added Animate Weapon to the "Enduring Bond" passive. This would fix some of the issues with Bossing.

VERY DISSAPOINTING

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info