Animate Weapon

True, that might be the problem.
Even so, they should have around 30% resistances (from Purity of Elements) + the base 16% (from tree), which adds to 46%.
They are still behind, but their survival rate should be above Zombies, considering they have so much more life.
Then, if you use the rarely used Minion and Element Resistances, you should cap it. That is, if you want your Animate Weapons to take elemental hits.
With 46% Resists, they take 54% of Elemental Damage. Zombies take just 25%. AWs takes twice the Elemental Damage, but they do not have twice the Life of a Zombie; their survivability against Elemental Damage is lower, despite their Life values.
Is there any information about what base resistances do animated weapons have?
I couldn't find anything about it, anywhere.

How much life they have? This is also not mentioned anywhere.

Its quite strange that GGG expect people to use a skill without actually releasing vital information about it.

For the feedback:

1) Having to target individual weapon names is very annoying and tedious. When you have 30-50 items covering the entire screen, searching becomes hell.
Possible fixes:
1) Animating a closest to the cursor weapon that is not a 6S, 5L or 6L, if none were targeted directly
2) When Animate Weapon is socketed, when you highlight item names the weapons that can be animated are highlighted somehow, for example by changing their text or its background colour
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Oct 7, 2014, 1:38:17 PM
"

Its quite strange that GGG expect people to use a skill without actually releasing vital information about it.

GGG made a spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahqk9lptRHcMdHdjM1hTNTV1NzhBeEtQYlVvM1NvSFE#gid=0
Not sure if it's updated for 1.2.0 though.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
"
Mokihiki wrote:
"

GGG made a spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahqk9lptRHcMdHdjM1hTNTV1NzhBeEtQYlVvM1NvSFE#gid=0
Not sure if it's updated for 1.2.0 though.

Well there are life values, but nothing on resistances.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
"
Well there are life values, but nothing on resistances.

Now why would those be listed for Zombies, Skeletons and Raging Spirits, but not Animated Weapons? :)
(so many zeroes)
I think that spreadsheet needs an update. I assume Animate Weapon now has 25%/25%/25%?
Playing dominating blow build, and tried to use this skill with the build but atm i find no way to use them effective, clear speed goes down by a ton if i shud stay and animate all weapons on the floor, and i tried it on a totem BUT you have to cast the totem straigt on the weapon for it to be animated..

Anyone got any ideas how to use this in a fast build ?
Ingame name: Jinxedtotem / FearTheMonkeys
In 6l link it with Cast on Melee Kill to your dominating blow. It works.

One HUGE drawback is that you will lose all 6s/5L/6L white melee weapons that drop for you.
I use AW as my primary skill now. It's fun, but it also tires me a lot, especially in a group.
When I solo, there is not a lot of weapon drops, so clicking each weapon on the ground is not that pain, but when I am in a group, there are tons of drops and looking for and clicking each weapon take too long and make me tired a lot.

As many people suggested here, I think AW should be AE or smart casting like raise zombie.

AW is quite similar to SRS, but I think SRS is much more powerful and easier because SRS just requires holding one button to summon a lot of them. On the other hands, AW needs a lot of focus on micro management to do the same.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info