Animate Weapon

I like the idea of animated weapons staying in play until they die. Remove the timer and then limit the number that can be in play at any given time. Considering they die so fast, I don't think having lots and lots of them would be particularly detrimental since animated white weapons are not very powerful individually, and it's a clear tradeoff to sacrifice a yellow or even a blue in order to animate a half-decent weapon that'll probably be destroyed in the next fight (as opposed to vendoring them for resources), so make the limit something like 10.

I'd love to use this skill if only it were a bit more practical, because it's certainly a cool concept.

"Chris wrote:
The "nerfs" in this patch are in response to the rest of the rebalance and so that many builds are simultaneously viable. You can't complain that there are only seven good builds and then complain when we balancing the power level :P
"
PrimeHydra wrote:
Let us animate unidentified weapons. It's really annoying not being able to animate blues that I'd otherwise leave on the ground.

This. At least as long as the Animates expire by (any) timer. And of course: dont let it animate "blocked" items - anything that is not dropped for you, or even better: anything that has a drop restriction (including also 6S, 4L and uniques that drop for you; maybe spare out rares)
To have to identify stuff to prepare for the "next" fight, and then to place them where you want to have your allies - is really just silly and useless.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
We need an accessory unique that makes the skill copy the mainland weapon but maybe limits the summoned weapons to 1 to balance. Maybe.

I just thought I couldn't target blues, it was actually the identification... That severely limits the usage.

I've misclicked a couple superior white items before though, wish there was actually a 'desirable' weapon limiter.
IGN:
Gabotheplaya
(or gabotheplaya since i'm not sure if caps count)
Maybe this gem should either be an aura or aoe, or maybe totem. Weapons drop and die all the time, constantly animate them by one takes a lot of time and patience.
Last edited by DarkTl on Jan 29, 2014, 7:55:32 AM
It seems the base movement speed was nerfed. That's really disappointing. I like that they now float but they are just too slow to keep up with other players, even at 20% quality.

Flesh Offering is crazy.
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Jan 30, 2014, 5:39:47 PM
Still a crap skill. Still a dud. No one will use it.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
"

Nope.
same name in-game
"
iao wrote:
It seems the base movement speed was nerfed. That's really disappointing. I like that they now float but they are just too slow to keep up with other players, even at 20% quality.

Flesh Offering is crazy.

Agreed. Bursting down bosses while leveling a char has never been so easy. A bit of prep, anger or wrath, a support gem or two, and voila.

Using them as a damage support on current protoss carrier prototype. Not as reliable without +IIQ - took off Sadima's for more defense because HC. Could possibly incorporate IIQ into gem but this would probably throw off metagame.

Passives wise, minion leech probably does better than minion life regen. The base damage possibly applies also to damage auras?

A unique that raises the drop-rate of white weapons would be curious. 1-handed to forestall white 6L farming, while whetstones are too low in demand to be worthwhile (and contained from the rest of the currency tree, iirc).
There's also the possibly of bringing in a looting item-find skill, but with Desecrate in play..
"
iao wrote:
"

Nope.

You, sir, have just reversed my opinion of this skill. Might have to try this out myself now...
"Chris wrote:
The "nerfs" in this patch are in response to the rest of the rebalance and so that many builds are simultaneously viable. You can't complain that there are only seven good builds and then complain when we balancing the power level :P
Been using this skill some more, small amount of feedback:

Having to target the item is really annoying, especially if there is an enemy standing over it. Would be great if casting just summoned nearest white item unless you specify an item, like summoning zombies/spectres does. Would also mean it's triggerable and useable with traps/mines/totems.

Needing all 5 things to happen in order to use the skill - 1 have an item drop, 2 have it be a weapon, 3 have it be a white weapon, 4 have it be a white melee weapon AND 5 it's a white melee weapon that isn't too high level. There's no point picking up a blue/rare item, identifying it then dropping and animating it because it will be dead within the same amount of time it took me to do that. I can barely ever even use the skill with the current number of limitations.

Let me animate blue unidentified weapons, please. They're already trash so why have this limitation? It just makes the skill even more awkward to use. Animating rares would be good too, but only if specificed under the cursor.

If possible, animating ranged weapons would be fun too, even if their duration is halved to balance or something.

As a flying creature, they seem to get lost flying up walls and will just straight up go missing from the map sometimes. I think they might be spawning away from the player when zoning into a new instance cause they're never there but will eventually reappear by my side due to minion teleportation.

Using it while levelling up I was often having items with a higher level requirement than the skill allows drop. If possible, have the gem level scale items back to the item tier rather than making my character cast and waste mana only for nothing to happen. Again, how can you judge the power of a skill when you can so rarely use it?

That's about all for now.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Feb 2, 2014, 9:32:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info